PDA

View Full Version : unexpected problem.....

marek
12-06-2004, 08:37 AM
Hi people!
This time I have to solve one problem which arose about month ago.
Right now I have the best technique I ever had, my stroke is fluent, my grip loose, my stance rock solid. I play very good and I am quite happy with my game...BUT about 4 weeks ago I realized that I had a new problem! Since I play really good pool right now it seems that I cant sleep good enough thx to anticipation of the tournament. I am looking forward to each competition but may be too much. So generally I cant either fall asleep or I wake up too early which leads to my sleepiness during the day which is not a good thing in pool. So the answer is what to do with this "cant sleep properly" problem?
Thx for any input on this one! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

SpiderMan
12-06-2004, 09:27 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote marek:</font><hr> Hi people!
This time I have to solve one problem which arose about month ago.
Right now I have the best technique I ever had, my stroke is fluent, my grip loose, my stance rock solid. I play very good and I am quite happy with my game...BUT about 4 weeks ago I realized that I had a new problem! Since I play really good pool right now it seems that I cant sleep good enough thx to anticipation of the tournament. I am looking forward to each competition but may be too much. So generally I cant either fall asleep or I wake up too early which leads to my sleepiness during the day which is not a good thing in pool. So the answer is what to do with this "cant sleep properly" problem?
Thx for any input on this one! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif <hr /></blockquote>

The best solution to your problem is both easy and fun! Is there a "Mrs Marek"?

SpiderMan

Sid_Vicious
12-06-2004, 10:05 AM
"The best solution to your problem is both easy and fun! Is there a "Mrs Marek"?"

That could be even adding to the problem, a spouse has to be real and accomodating, which is what God intended the relationship to be built like, but us humans seem to screw up God's plans all the time. Life sucks the worst way when half of the marriage had "powers" to hit your weak spots at vulnerable times. JM2C...sid

mickey2
12-06-2004, 10:26 AM
Do some sport the night before the tournament, it will make you sleep better.

SpiderMan
12-06-2004, 11:48 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Sid_Vicious:</font><hr> "The best solution to your problem is both easy and fun! Is there a "Mrs Marek"?"

That could be even adding to the problem, a spouse has to be real and accomodating, which is what God intended the relationship to be built like, but us humans seem to screw up God's plans all the time. Life sucks the worst way when half of the marriage had "powers" to hit your weak spots at vulnerable times. JM2C...sid
<hr /></blockquote>

Easy there, I wasn't telling him to add a wife. But if there is already a "Mrs Marek", then "night before" activities definitely produce relaxation.

SpiderMan

Rod
12-06-2004, 11:59 AM
Hi Marek,

Well your not alone I've always had that problem. If something important or exciting the next day, usually I get little sleep. Turning off my mind at night isn't easy.

In my opinion it's anxiety, which can be helped with medication if necessary. Plenty of people are effected by this so it's not at all uncommon. I may only sleep 4 hours then expect to sleep well that following night. If my mind starts clicking I may not sleep again or just another 2 or 3 hours.

For those that say get up real early so you can sleep that night just don't understand. Most make light of the subject because they sleep well. I will offer if your up early and have a good work out/exercise, it might help. Whether or not you have a Wife or GF doesn't matter.

In my case, only when I absolutely have to, I'll take a Valium. I hate taking them but sometimes getting sleep is important. If taken to late they make me feel groggy the next day but at least I slept.

Rod

SecaucusFats
12-06-2004, 02:15 PM
Go to your local vitamin / herbal shop and get an herbal sleep blend in tablet form (make sure it contains Valarian, Melatonin, and Chamomille) take the recommended dosage (preferably with a glass of warm milk)about an hour before you go to bed. You'll sleep soundly and you won't wake up feeling groggy.

SF

marek
12-06-2004, 04:06 PM
Bingo! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Ill try that one! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

marek
12-06-2004, 04:07 PM
Thx for your input!
maybe its the key... /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

marek
12-06-2004, 04:10 PM
Thx for your input although I dont like the idea of using medication for getting enough sleep... /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif
But thx anyway! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

marek
12-06-2004, 04:12 PM
Interesting input!
Thx! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

recoveryjones
12-06-2004, 07:22 PM
Hi Marek,I'm allways looking for angles to improve my game.A few months back I aquired these self hypnotic cassette tapes called "Overcoming Contenderosis" and "The Deadstroke tapes"

Whether they've helped my game or not(I think they might have) is debateable,however, more often than not they put me asleep before I can finish one and they allways are without fail,very, very relaxing.If I'm awake after they finish,I'm sleeping soundly shortly thereafter.

If insomnia is the problem, these things are the cure.RJ

http://www.insidepool.com/order/Overcoming+Contenderosis

http://www.insidepool.com/order/The+Dead+Stroke+Tapes

Wally_in_Cincy
12-07-2004, 06:34 AM
See if you can find a tape of Johnny Archer and Charlie Williams playing a race to 11.

Rich R.
12-07-2004, 07:43 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr> See if you can find a tape of Johnny Archer and Charlie Williams playing a race to 11. <hr /></blockquote>
That would work for me. In fact, it has.
Oh, wait a minute, that wasn't a tape. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

marek
12-08-2004, 01:41 AM
HEHEHE! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif Good advice for falling asleep but it wouldnt solve my problem of waking up early... /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
But I have been told many good advices recently on this topic so I can hopefully solve my problem... /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif I think I will use these ideas: 1) take a walk with my girlfriend in the evening prior to the tournament 2) have a meditation session to calm my nerves 3) take a good herbal tea prior to sleeping
I thing it should be enough... /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif