I like Americana - Jim Lauderdale, Buddy Miller,
Lucinda Williams.
Folk rock, country - Greg Brown, Joe Henry,John Prine
Outlaws- Billy Joe Shaver, Ray Wylie Hubbard, HankIII
Blues- Alvin YOungblood Hart, Johnny Lang, Taj Mahal
Classic country- Jones, Haggard ,etc.

SecaucusFats
12-06-2004, 01:55 PM
I like all kinds of music. It depends on the mood I'm in and what I'm doing at the time.

My current playlist om my PC includes (in no particular order):

Yes, ELP, Uriah Heep, Black Sabbath, Stones, Robin Trower, Jimi Hendrix, Doors, Atlanta Rythm Section, Metallica, Coldplay, Randy Newman, David Bromberg, Alabama, Dr. Hook, Emmylou Harris, George Strait, Toby Keith, Montgomery Gentry, Rich and Big, Pachabels' Canon in D, Tancredi Overture, Vivaldi, Beethoven, Eminem, Tupac, Jay Z, Dre, Ruben Blades,Mana, Los Aterciopelados, Soda Stereo, Billie Holliday, Toots and the Maytals, Bob Marley, Squirrel Nut Zippers, Allman Bros, Waylon Jennings, Loudon Wainwright III, and Warren Zevon.

SF

dg-in-centralpa
12-06-2004, 02:53 PM
We did a thread on this about a year ago. It was quite interesting. I can't find it right now, but if I do, I'll post the link.

DG - classic rock from the 50's to early 70's

9 Ball Girl
12-06-2004, 03:09 PM
FWIW, I like Classic Rock and Latin music.

eg8r
12-06-2004, 04:19 PM
Well, I am the boring guy that says I listen to all music. LOL, I guess that is true to an extent. I think the word "music" is relative to some of the genres/types out there. I absolutely do not think rap is music. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif So, I don't include that in my first sentence.

After saying all that, I really do listen all music, and there are different genre's preset in my radio. My favorite music is big band/jazz music. Stan Kenton, Duke, etc.

I really am not much of a top 40s type person, but my favorite morning show is on this type of station, so I hear whatever music they play during that 3 or so hours. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

In the car, country gets most of the play time if my wife is with me, otherwise classical/jazz get the airtime.

eg8r <~~~Classical music helps with the bouts of road rage I usually fall into

hondo
12-07-2004, 06:27 AM
Me too, Fats. I have a little trouble relating to
rap, however. Being old, white, and from West
Virginia makes it difficult to relate.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SecaucusFats:</font><hr> I like all kinds of music. It depends on the mood I'm in and what I'm doing at the time.

My current playlist om my PC includes (in no particular order):

Yes, ELP, Uriah Heep, Black Sabbath, Stones, Robin Trower, Jimi Hendrix, Doors, Atlanta Rythm Section, Metallica, Coldplay, Randy Newman, David Bromberg, Alabama, Dr. Hook, Emmylou Harris, George Strait, Toby Keith, Montgomery Gentry, Rich and Big, Pachabels' Canon in D, Tancredi Overture, Vivaldi, Beethoven, Eminem, Tupac, Jay Z, Dre, Ruben Blades,Mana, Los Aterciopelados, Soda Stereo, Billie Holliday, Toots and the Maytals, Bob Marley, Squirrel Nut Zippers, Allman Bros, Waylon Jennings, Loudon Wainwright III, and Warren Zevon.

SF <hr /></blockquote>