PDA

View Full Version : Victory for kids

SecaucusFats
12-06-2004, 02:47 PM
Join me in applauding Congress for passing precedent-setting legislation that bans school personnel forcing parents to drug their children for classroom or behavioral problems. In order to receive federal funds under the Individuals with Disabilities in Education Act (IDEA), the "Prohibition on Mandatory Medication Amendment," was signed into law by President Bush today and requires schools to implement policies that prohibit schoolchildren being forced onto psychiatric drugs as a requisite for their education.

SF

nhp
12-06-2004, 05:16 PM
Didn't Bush want that passed?

SecaucusFats
12-06-2004, 06:30 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote nhp:</font><hr> Didn't Bush want that passed? <hr /></blockquote>

I'm not really sure, but thankfully enough people contacted their Senators and Congressmembers demanding this new legislation against mandatory drugging. Score one for good old grass roots activism.

SF

hondo
12-07-2004, 07:23 AM
I do think they should pass a law allowing
teachers to be drugged so they can handle
children with behavioral problems.

Deeman2
12-07-2004, 09:34 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote hondo:</font><hr> I do think they should pass a law allowing
children with behavioral problems. <hr /></blockquote>

<font color="blue"> Hondo,

Respectfully,

If we had not lost discipline and control over the students, the teachers would not have to be drugged. The loss of respect for teachers is a product of ACLU student rights agendas and the practical elimination of corporal punshment and "pass them on" politics. We are not only paying for this in student abuse of teachers but in the loss of our lead in education in the world. </font color>

Deeman

hondo
12-07-2004, 11:49 AM
Lawsuits in general are a culprit. Is this politically
correct world you have to watch everything you say and
do. Greed is the agenda.People looking for a quick fix
to their problems. The ACLU, like many other aspects
of America, has succumbed to the knee jerk reaction
and over-reacts.
I'm curious. What alternative to the ACLU would
you have or are civil rights no longer necessary?

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Deeman2:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote hondo:</font><hr> I do think they should pass a law allowing

Respectfully,

If we had not lost discipline and control over the students, the teachers would not have to be drugged. The loss of respect for teachers is a product of ACLU student rights agendas and the practical elimination of corporal punshment and "pass them on" politics. We are not only paying for this in student abuse of teachers but in the loss of our lead in education in the world. </font color>

Deeman <hr /></blockquote>

Deeman2
12-07-2004, 12:24 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote hondo:</font><hr> The ACLU, like many other aspects
of America, has succumbed to the knee jerk reaction
and over-reacts. <font color="blue"> Correct. </font color>
I'm curious. What alternative to the ACLU would
you have or are civil rights no longer necessary? <font color="blue"> I believe that our civil rights are protected under present law. That does not mean we have to file a suit (ACLU) on every little thing that could possibly even tinge of discrimination, bias or unfairness. It would not be right for someone to not let a person freely express their religous beliefs in any setting and one religeon should not, for instance, be used to decide public policy in general. However, the appearance of a cross on a public seal in California does not really influence the decisions of that government body and the ten commandments don't really infringe on anyone's rights when on a monument in a courthouse. If I was something other than a Christian or a Jew, wearing of a towel on my head would be considered a freedom of expression. Does the ACLU have a fear of teaching creation (as believed by most religeons around the world) as an alternative to the Big Bang, really lead down some slippery slope to banning secular science? Most Christians have a bigger world view than people classify us as having as I'm sure most Democrats are not as liberal as we pretend they are. The recent flurry of the pulling of any Christmas related themes from Macy's, government buildings and schools could backfire. Will all the left wingers stop buying Christmas presents? Start calling our holiday, Nonpartisanmas? I don't know. I just seems silly to try to be so politically correct when you can easily see the dangers a more "tolerant" (in terms of schoolkid's behavour, secular humanism focus, etc.) society has gotten us. I don't pine away for the days when lunch counters were segregated, when good, decent men were discriminated against because of their skin color. However, I wonder what a bunch of lawyers like the ACLU could do if they focused on important issues and righting wrongs that really do harm people? You can tell me, "I am deeply offended when I see "in God we Trust" on my currency! My life is less meaningful because of this and people are suffering injustice." I just don't believe you and think you don't have much important going on in your life if that is significant to you. Maybe I'm wrong but perhaps your dollars to the ACLU would be better served going to Bono for AIDS in Africa. That's where my former donation to them goes. </font color>

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Deeman2:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote hondo:</font><hr> I do think they should pass a law allowing

hondo
12-07-2004, 01:31 PM
I agree with most of what you said. However , I wonder
if the ACLU is disbanded, will our laws protect us
if the law is the one infringing on our rights?
Who would be the guarddogs to protect us from an
oppressive government? Just asking. It's like all
these union-busting right to work folks. What would
life be like if there had never been unions.
Watch John Sayle's movie Matewan. It's scary. The
working class would owe their soul to the company store.

Deeman2
12-07-2004, 03:02 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote hondo:</font><hr> I agree with most of what you said. However , I wonder
if the ACLU is disbanded, will our laws protect us
if the law is the one infringing on our rights?

<font color="blue"> We have both civil and criminal law to protect us. Yes, in some cases, you would have to purchase the skills of an lawyer to get those rights. However, my concern is that the ACLU is less often defending those in real need but only high profile agenda driven cases. In many cases, the law is clear enough where even court appointed attorneys can defend the basic civil rights of someone or an idea. Sadly, aside from the agenda I spoke of, it may be there is just too many lawyers at ACLU, too much money and they have to have something to do. They may be, in fact, much as those people who are driving the empty buses around Everytown USA with no customer base but getting a paycheck. Hey, I'd rather just pay them and save the money on the gas they are wasting.</font color>

Who would be the guarddogs to protect us from an
oppressive government? Just asking. <font color="blue"> A free Press [we certainly still have that or you never would have heard about Monica (Clinton) and the Alabama National Guard (Bush)]. </font color>

It's like all
these union-busting right to work folks. What would
life be like if there had never been unions.
<font color="blue"> Horrible and not a very good country to live in. </font color>

Watch John Sayle's movie Matewan. It's scary. The
working class would owe their soul to the company store. <hr /></blockquote>

<font color="blue">I think that's the reason we have the checks and balances and the ACLU is certainly a part of it. I just think they go way overboard in many cases... </font color>

Deeman

hondo
12-08-2004, 07:18 AM
Amen, Deeman.

. I just think they go way overboard in many cases... </font color>

Deeman <hr /></blockquote>