PDA

View Full Version : Pool champ has a few tricks up his sleeve

PQQLK9
12-07-2004, 08:29 AM
Following poker's lead, his goal is to rack up a much bigger fan base
Tom "Dr. Cue" Rossman staged his seven-hour, trick-shot pool exhibition in the University of Maryland, Baltimore County Commons game room, which meant he competed against televisions, Ping-Pong tables, computers and video games for students' attention
http://www.baltimoresun.com/media/thumbnails/photo/2004-12/15368389.jpg
http://www.baltimoresun.com/features/bal-to.pool07dec07,1,845022.story?coll=bal-features-headlines

One
12-13-2004, 03:50 PM
Does he have that stance and stroke when playing matches?

Or is this a joke picture?

Fred Agnir
12-13-2004, 03:56 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote One:</font><hr> Does he have that stance and stroke when playing matches?

Or is this a joke picture? <hr /></blockquote>What is your objection?

Bob_Jewett
12-13-2004, 04:01 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Fred Agnir:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote One:</font><hr> Does he have that stance and stroke when playing matches?

Or is this a joke picture? <hr /></blockquote>What is your objection? <hr /></blockquote>
Does anyone have an MPEG of Jimmy Moore playing for "One" to check out?

PQQLK9
12-13-2004, 04:30 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote One:</font><hr> Does he have that stance and stroke when playing matches?

Or is this a joke picture? <hr /></blockquote>

Yes he does, I have seen him perform and he is truly amazing.

DickLeonard
12-17-2004, 02:09 PM
Bob is Jimmy Moore still alive or do I have to check out the Google Site.####

Bob_Jewett
12-17-2004, 03:58 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote DickLeonard:</font><hr> Bob is Jimmy Moore still alive or do I have to check out the Google Site.#### <hr /></blockquote>
I did the google thing myself. According to an article in Variety and confirmed by the AP celebrity death list, Jimmy Moore died of natural causes in Albuquerque on Wednesday, November 17, 1999 at the age of 89.

The BCA HOF web site hasn't noted his death yet. I might have heard of his death, but it didn't register. For the record:

Irving Crane died in Rochester, NY on Saturday, November 17th, 2001, just after his 88th birthday.

Arthur "Babe" Cranfield died Sunday, October 31, 2004 at the age of 89.

Chris Cass
12-17-2004, 04:04 PM
What are you goofy? What's wrong with his stance silly?

Regards,

C.C.

DickLeonard
12-17-2004, 04:23 PM
Bob there must be something to running balls and longevity. It must have something to do with the place one goes when running balls. I know it is I place that I have only visited when running balls.

Playing good golf or bowling is interrupted by long walks or waiting for your opponents to bowl.####

One
12-17-2004, 04:54 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chris Cass:</font><hr> What are you goofy? What's wrong with his stance silly?

Regards,

C.C. <hr /></blockquote>
The balance is a mess. His hips are in the wrong position. He bends down and aims from the side. His grip doesn't have consistent pressure in the whole hand. His bridge hand is too tight which is bad for speed control, but if you have bad speed control you don't notice it anyway.
His grip arm is far from straight.
And the most important thing, his head is tilted both horizontal and vertical! And that gets even worse from using glasses.

My stance and stroke research is still incomplete but far better than pool pros, and little better than snooker pros. They "lock" their stance and stroke way too early and keep using the same technique, this is why they can play good with a bad stroke because they are used to it.
But I haven't "locked" my stance and stroke yet because it is not optimal yet, this is why I am not consistent, I always keep changing and improving it. But when it is optimal, I will practice and make it as consistent as possible. It is no use fine-tuning something that is bad.

I am getting closer and closer everytime I play. I guess my stroke is at 93% now, 4 years ago when I started experimenting and writing everything in a diary I was at 20%. Stephen Hendry is at 90%.

Stroke perfection

100% - Perfection

90% - Stephen Hendry

63-78% - Top snooker players

20-45% - Top pool players

The position of my body for the best balance possible is about 99.9% of how good it can become. That is the first thing to improve on. Now I am improving my balance from mountainbiking (very slow riding).

Scott Lee
12-19-2004, 02:41 AM
Patrick...Tom Rossman has more talent and class in his pinkie, than you'll EVER have in your entire miserable existance. Plus he has something you couldn't possibly understand...a sense of humor! Is that what your life revolves around?...trying to find things wrong in other people? Go back to your home planet, and quit bothering us humans.

Scott Lee