PDA

View Full Version : What is the correct call?

opposedtwin2
12-08-2004, 06:20 PM
Situation:At a local tournament using texas express rules during hill/hill match player A is shooting and due to 9 ball made on the break in previous game the 14 is the money ball. Player A plays a carom and makes the 14 but continues shooting unaware of what has happened because he got confused and was thinking the 13 was money ball but misses before getting to the 13. Player B moves toward the table to rack when 14 is pocketed but stops when player A continues shooting, looks at the spectators and shrugs. When player A misses Player B steps to the table runs out and wins the match. Suddenly it dawns on player A what happened and the TD is called for decision. Player B says since player A continued shooting after making the 14 and missed on the next ball that the next highest numerical ball (the 13) became the money ball. Player B is a touring pro and player A is a local. TD rules in favor of pro that 13 became the money ball. Other than they should have been using balls 1-9 what do you think of decision? I think the TD was wrong.

Chris Cass
12-08-2004, 06:29 PM
The TD is the final decision. Player B is a jerkwad.

C.C.

woody_968
12-08-2004, 06:59 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chris Cass:</font><hr> The TD is the final decision. Player B is a jerkwad.

C.C. <hr /></blockquote>

I agree with CC. But even though the TD decision if final, I still think he made the wrong call.

nhp
12-09-2004, 04:27 AM
What game are these guys playing? You said 9 on the break, but where did the 13 and 14 come from, and why are they 'money balls'?

woody_968
12-09-2004, 05:25 AM
They must have been playing nine ball on a bar table. Made the 9 on the break on one game, so the next game they used the 13 and 14 so make up a total of nine balls so they didnt have to put more quarters in the table.