PDA

View Full Version : Message From Blackjack

DSAPOLIS
12-08-2004, 07:22 PM
Just a short note to all of my CCB friends to let you all know how things are going. I am settling into my new environment after my move to Florida, and continuing with my treatment. For those that do not know, I have been battling Parkinson's Disease, an ailment that has taken away my ability to play this game at the level that I am used to. Though this disease has robbed me of my motor skills, and my ability to walk, or participate in this game, it has not robbed me of my love for this game, or my ability to pass along my knowledge to others. I am continuing to write about the game, and I am still able to teach/coach. I have also updated my website. I will continue to post updates to my health on my website, as well as posting newer articles within the site. Also, I have begun posting copies of my monthly newsletter (The Blackjack Table) on my website. Just go to the website (Link provided below) and you will see the link for the newsletter. I have one issue up now, and hope to get a few more up in the next couple of weeks. This is a free publication that has been sent out to pool rooms across the country. I am now making this available on my website. If you are a room owner, let me know if you are interested in this material.

I thank all of you for the support and prayers, God is taking care of me, even if I don't agree with the way he is doing it sometimes. Feel free to drop me a note, or ask any pool related questions either here or via e-mail. I don't particpate much in the discussions here anymore, but I do visit this board every day, and enjoy reading some of the stuff OTHERS are posting. I think Dr. Dave is a fantastic contributor to this board, with a wealth of knowledge that he is so graciously sharing with this forum - take advantage of that and make him feel at home.

Blackjack David Sapolis (http://www.geocities.com/blkjackds12/)
Good Luck & God Bless
Blackjack David Sapolis

JDB
12-08-2004, 08:13 PM
Good luck Blackjack. I have read much of your material over the last few years and have learned from it and enjoyed it very much.

I wasn't aware of your illness and wish you the best of luck in your recovery.

PQQLK9
12-08-2004, 09:33 PM
Glad to know that you have settled in ok David. I'm still trying to absorb all the good infomation in the Nine Ball book I got from you.
In my opinion you are right at the top of my list along with dr.dave.
Take care and may God continue to watchover you.

Popcorn
12-08-2004, 09:34 PM
Where in Florida are you?

Rich R.
12-09-2004, 04:02 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote DSAPOLIS:</font><hr> Though this disease has robbed me of my motor skills, and my ability to walk, or participate in this game, it has not robbed me of my love for this game, or my ability to pass along my knowledge to others. <hr /></blockquote>
You have a wealth of information and I, for one, have enjoyed reading your articles.

Thank you for continuing to write and teach us. We appreciate the effort you are making.

I wish you all of the best in your new environment. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

JimS
12-09-2004, 06:01 AM
I hope that many serious students find their way to your door as it is clear that you are trying your best to take a negative situation and use it to be helpful to others. It takes courage and insight and willingness. Keep your eyes on the goal.

woody_968
12-09-2004, 06:33 AM
I am glad to hear you are adjusting to your knew home.

I can tell you this, dollar for dollar I think your book is one of the best I have ever purchased. I am sure that you have improved the game of anyone that has ever purchased and used it!

Woody

bluey2king
12-09-2004, 11:02 AM
I hope that the helps. You have been a Great contributor to us here in the cyber world. I have enjoyed your material and still plan on read more of what you post.
May God Bless you friend
Bluey2King

bomber
12-09-2004, 11:10 AM
hey david, its aaron from the murray pool room. i wasnt aware that you was going through this battle. keep me posted and if there is anything that a west kentucky fella can do for you, you just let me know.

DickLeonard
12-09-2004, 12:45 PM
Dave I don't know the extent of your mobility but in the 50s the fellow that ran Frank Taberski's room in Schenectady told me of a hustler that dropped the cueball out of his mouth.

The best part of the gaff was when the bets were highest he would drop the cueball on the lower corner ball,pocket it and run the game out. Dick