PDA

View Full Version : This has got to be better.

05-21-2002, 12:39 PM
Hello all, some of you already know me from the "other" board. I wiped my hands clean from it today (unruley leader). I am hoping this will be better. I have nibbed around here in the past but never posted. Now that my bags are packed, I am looking for a new home, with more pool related post's. I hope I am welcomed by all.

Robert Burns~~aka, Doom

Eric.
05-21-2002, 12:56 PM
Well, take your coat off and pull up a chair...

Eric >beer's in the fridge

05-21-2002, 01:02 PM
New guys has to keep the frig stocked until another new guy comes in right??? ;-) sid~~~Miller Lite for me doom

Troy
05-21-2002, 01:02 PM
Hi Doom........ WELCOME

rackmup
05-21-2002, 01:03 PM
I can finally turn off the porch light. DOOM has come home. As a member of the "Unofficial Official Welcoming Committee", I would like to say "Welcome to the CCB."

As a new member, you will receive:

Regards,

Ken

Tom_In_Cincy
05-21-2002, 01:04 PM
Doom,
Wasn't that the what Vince said when asked what was in the case?

Welcome to the best pool forum on the web..

cheesemouse
05-21-2002, 01:17 PM
Doom,
Welcome, I am familiar with your stuff on the other board as I still lurk there, but rarely anymore. I know you fought the good fight over there but it just seems everything deteriorates into pissing matches. I feel sorry for Ed. Somehow, this board with its combination of pool fun and pool information is self regulating. I can't explain it I just enjoy it. Hope you like the climate and welcome aboard the cruise ship.

BLACKHEART
05-21-2002, 01:44 PM
DOOM, you messed up. Everybody who started posting YESTERDAY got a free car wash, a six pack, chips & dip. Today you just get a ......HOWDYYYYYYY...JER

MikeM
05-21-2002, 01:47 PM
Welcome doom. You're right it is better over here!

MM.....make mine a Bud and make sure it's ice cold.

05-21-2002, 01:53 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Doom:</font><hr> Hello all, some of you already know me from the "other" board. I wiped my hands clean from it today (unruley leader). I am hoping this will be better. I have nibbed around here in the past but never posted. Now that my bags are packed, I am looking for a new home, with more pool related post's. I hope I am welcomed by all.

Robert Burns~~aka, Doom <hr></blockquote>

ya'know, it's kinda strange. over there they have a fulltime webmaster/owner and the vandals own the place. here? it just sorta keeps sorting itself out.

welcome.

dan

stickman
05-21-2002, 02:02 PM
Welcome. Unpack your bags. You're right it is better. /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

cheesemouse
05-21-2002, 02:07 PM
Doom,
I forgot. I want a beer too &amp; put a nickle head on it. /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

Kato
05-21-2002, 02:14 PM
Was up Doom. This is it. This is home for many. We can still lurk elsewhere but we always come back here to roost.

Kato

05-21-2002, 02:20 PM
Full time!! Now that is funny.

Doctor_D
05-21-2002, 04:01 PM
Good afternoon:

Welcome, to the best damn CCB on the Internet.

Dr. D.

cueball1950
05-21-2002, 04:52 PM
welcome to the friendliest posting board and we have the nicest people here and the prettiest girls..so sit down relax have a beer and post to your hearts content.......mike

Rich R.
05-21-2002, 05:33 PM
I don't know if you read the fine print Doom, but new members, in addition to keeping the beer stocked up, have to give all old members the wild 8.
Welcome.
Rich R.

Barbara
05-21-2002, 05:52 PM
So you got tired of the APLHA posts and bashing, too?? Man! ALPHA is just too obnoxious!!

This board is MUCH better, and the Webmasters WILL banish offending posters when warranted.

Welcome to the board. While the guys are mooching for beers, I'm just asking for a shot of tequila.

Barbara~~~morphing into "Babs" again....

Doctor_D
05-21-2002, 05:53 PM
Good evening:

Not to mention the first round of drinks at the next CCB get together.

Dr. D.

05-21-2002, 06:54 PM
Awesome!!!! I LOVE Doom! He's always been one of the funniest and most articulate posters on that "other" board. C'Mon in Doom, the water's fine!
I'll be drinking Skyy Blue, with the occasional top shelf tequila shooter. I get a little flirty when I drink though, so keep a lid on me :-).

Doctor_D
05-21-2002, 06:56 PM
Good evening:

I nice 25 year old Single Malt Scotch will work well for me ,,,

Dr. D.

Ralph S.
05-21-2002, 08:57 PM
Welcome aboard Doom, I am not much of a drinker so a 6-pack of cold Coca-Cola will be just fine.
Ralph S.

BillPorter
05-22-2002, 06:07 AM
Robert, Welcome to the board! I think you will find fewer arguments and more pool-related posts here. Of course, we have our occasional disagreements.

jjinfla
05-22-2002, 06:13 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Sid Vicious:</font><hr> New guys has to keep the frig stocked <hr></blockquote>

Freudian slip there Sid? Jake

jjinfla
05-22-2002, 06:22 AM
Two shots wadka. maybe a little vermout too. And two olives. Over ice. Brings back memories from a long time ago. The three martooni lunch. Ah hell, just make mine diet pepsi. LOL Jake~~~and I also need the 7 and probably the 5 too.

Wally_in_Cincy
05-22-2002, 11:14 AM
Hi Doom,

I'll have Crown on the rocks.
-------------------------------
The rules are pretty simple:

No name-calling ("Fag" and "Retard" are especially unwelcome)

If you have a bad night and spill somethin' nasty here, make sure you clean it up the next day.

Don't pee on the campfire.

Don't forget to shut the gate and stay out of the beans.

Troy
05-22-2002, 12:06 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Barbara:</font><hr>
Barbara~~~morphing into "Babs" again.... <hr></blockquote>

I wonder about your response when/if someone actually calls you "Babs"..... /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

Tom_In_Cincy
05-22-2002, 04:45 PM
Wally,
if beans were a musical instrument, would they be in the wind section?

Barbara
05-22-2002, 05:44 PM
Troy,

I have a brother that calls me "Babs" once in a while. I like it, it's a "fun" nickname. My mom sometimes calls me "Barbie", which is also cool. I only object to people automatically shortening my name to "Barb". I don't sign my name that way and I don't like the sound of it. Maybe it's become I look too "Tom-boyish".

Babs is my evil twin. She comes out after shots of tequila and is a handful of trouble, trust me. /ccboard/images/icons/wink.gif

Barbara~~~the safe, sane, albeit boring, one....

Troy
05-22-2002, 06:04 PM
If my memory isn't wracked with "CRS", both Ed and Brian are employed full-time and maintain Playpool.Com as a sideline.

&lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class=&amp;quot;small&amp;quot;&gt;Quote: houstondan:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr&gt;
ya'know, it's kinda strange. over there they have a fulltime webmaster/owner and the vandals own the place. here? it just sorta keeps sorting itself out.

welcome.

dan &lt;hr&gt;&lt;/blockquote&gt;

Gayle in MD
05-22-2002, 06:17 PM
MMMMM...Yum on the martooni, LOL, but I need atleast four olives to get one down! Welcome to CCB, and I hope you enjoy it here as much as I, just don't forget to close the fridge door, and whatever you do, don't leave the chalk upside down on the table!
Gayle in Md

Tom_In_Cincy
05-22-2002, 06:26 PM
Gayle,
A very long time ago I found that what I liked most about the martini was the soaked olive. My wife bought a jar of olives and drained the juice out and replaced it with vodka. I just get a few now and then, with a tooth pick.

Nice snack huh?

Barbara
05-22-2002, 06:35 PM
Tom,

If you can find these, you'll love them! They're called "Tipsy Olives" and they're soaked in vermouth. And they are THE BIGGEST green olives I have ever seen!! Bigger than any colossals of black or green olives!! You may be able to find them at a specialty food grocery store. Or even a ktichen gadget place that carries foodstuff. We have a small foodstore chain in my area called "Zagara's" that deals in organic this, that and everything else that carries these olives, among 20 other brands. Kitchen Kapers is also known to carry them, too.

Good luck!

Barbara~~~loves specialty foods... except caviar (yech!)

Tom_In_Cincy
05-22-2002, 07:07 PM
Sensual.. very..

Big Olives.. love the huge olives.. and the vodka.. absolutely..

05-22-2002, 07:31 PM
Oh my God you two, get a room! LMAO

05-22-2002, 07:41 PM
Of course you are correct Troy. Thanks for clearing that up.

bigalerickson
05-23-2002, 01:01 AM
I'll take a guiness. Doom you Should have came over a few weeks ago I got a fine for a bad post and had to hand out 5 dollar bills to any that asked.

Gayle in MD
05-23-2002, 06:14 AM
YUMMY...like those big ones too, LOL. Tom, try Christiania Vodka sometime...I used to use Absolute, but this Vodka is REALLY SMOOTH!
Had to cut out the Martooni's, kept kissing strangers, LMAO, What's the blond mating call??? "Oh no, I'm drunk"
Gayle in MD

Eric.
05-23-2002, 06:41 AM
"Sensual. People are sensual, cucumbers are sensuous."

Eric &gt;Delta House '85

Doctor_D
05-23-2002, 06:44 AM
Good morning:

Don't you mean "Animal House" 1985?

Dr. D.

Eric.
05-23-2002, 07:18 AM
Hey Barbara/Babs,

Do you guys get into arguments? Who wins? Are you your own best friend?

Eric &gt;inquiring minds wanna know

Eric.
05-23-2002, 07:25 AM
Actually, Delta was the frat house. I love the look on Eric Stratton's face after hitting on Mrs Wormer. She says: "My name is Mrs. Wormer." Stratton- "We have a Dean Wormer at Farber." Mrs.- "I have a husband that is a dean at Farber!"

Eric &gt;something like that

Doctor_D
05-23-2002, 07:34 AM
Good morning:

It was "Faber" college, not Farber college...

Dr. D.

05-23-2002, 10:37 AM
Why D, you do keep surprising us! Who'd of thought the buttoned down PhD would know the college from Animal House?!! Impressive woman. Very impressive.

05-23-2002, 12:40 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: edatplaypool:</font><hr> Of course you are correct Troy. Thanks for clearing that up. <hr></blockquote>

well, i knew that. just delete "fulltime" and insert "every day".

dan

PastPrime
05-23-2002, 07:35 PM
A lady once wrote: "I love a good Martini
Two at the very most
Because after three I'm on the floor
After four I'm under the Host"!!!

Barbara
05-23-2002, 07:54 PM
Eric,

Babs takes off where Barbara goes cold. Do you get the picture?

Are we best friends?? We feed each other, and sometimes reflect on life's experiences, what can I say?

Is that scary or what?

Barbara/Babs~~~Barbara says hi and have a great weekend!!!

Eric.
05-24-2002, 07:55 AM
I hope you/her/and the other one all have a great long weekend too. Make sure you do a few things that you should'nt!

Eric

Eric.
05-24-2002, 08:07 AM
We can't have people showing up empty-handed, right?

Eric &gt;had a goldfish named Sid Fishious once

05-24-2002, 08:29 AM
Thinkin' about all that free beer from the new "CCB Pledge" rattled by typing stroke ;-) sid