PDA

View Full Version : "The rumors of my death, are greatly exaggerated"

BLACKHEART
12-11-2004, 10:39 PM
I don't want a lot of e-mail over this post,but 10 years ago I suffered a severe heart attack & although I completely recovered I had a hard time convincing people, that I had not died. THAT SAID...I did have a second heart attack this past Monday. I got out of the hospital yesterday sporting a new piece of technology, in the right side of my heart & am going to be the same crotchety old man as ever, given a few weeks rest...JER

stickman
12-11-2004, 11:36 PM
Thank God for new technology. Rest up and be well. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif Years ago, I wouldn't have still been here with kidney failure.

Jim

cueball1950
12-11-2004, 11:47 PM
Jer... I am so glad to hear that you are still with us. I , myself have had 3 myocardial infarctions in the past. /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif I have been catherized 3 times and i have a stint in 1 of my arteries. But thanks to modern technology i am still here. My uncle also has a new piece of hardware in his chest. He just had his 2nd ICD put in. everybody thinks it is a pacemaker but it is not. Just a battery hookup of some kind to shock his heart a little if it gets out of line. Sorta like the paddles you see on tv... Anyway.. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif.great to hear from you and that all is well. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif.................mike

JimS
12-12-2004, 06:02 AM
Give'm hell Jer! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Rich R.
12-12-2004, 07:12 AM
It gets boring, every 10 years, so you have to liven things up. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

I'm happy to hear that you are good for another 100,000 miles. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I hope Connie is well too. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

DavidMorris
12-12-2004, 08:23 AM
Best wishes, Jer. Take care of yourself! I hope you're up and around and making cues again in short order!

Troy
12-12-2004, 08:58 AM
You'll be fine Jer... Take it easy.

Troy

dg-in-centralpa
12-12-2004, 06:04 PM
Glad to hear that you're OK. Don't overdue it just yet. My father had two heart attacks,4-5 angioplastys, 2-3 stents, 6-7 catherizations. Modern technology is wonderful.

DG - best wishes for a speedy recovery

charlieb
12-12-2004, 10:01 PM
Jerry, follow your doctors orders. They know what they are talking about! Judging from the thread there are many CCB'ers who have had their share of ailments. I've had 2 minor heart attacks, prostrate cancer (ongoing) and 2 weeks ago had my right kidney removed with a 4lb tumor attached! I promised my Dr. in Intensive Care I would do everything he asked of me if he would just get me out of Intensive Care. Today I walked over 6 blocks. You have too much talent to take any chances. Anyway we need you around here.
Take Care!

CarolNYC
12-13-2004, 03:46 AM
Hi Jer,
I am very happy you are doing well and am honored to be sponsored by a "crotchety old man " /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

and to every single person who responded, I just wanna say what an enormous inspiration you guys are to me,knowing what you have endured and the display of strength to overcome all these obstacles-its just awesome!

I feel very blessed to be a part of this group!

Thanks!
Stay well and have a great day!

Carol /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

catscradle
12-13-2004, 06:17 AM
Jer,
Glad to hear you're doing okay at the same time as I heard you were sick. It saves some worry. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Don't let all those whiny pool players waiting for their cues get you back to the lathe before you should be. Listen to the doc.