PDA

View Full Version : Ga Young Kim World Champion!!!

9 Ball Girl
12-12-2004, 12:39 PM
<font color="red">She's on fire!!!</font color>

AZBilliards Story (http://www.azbilliards.com/2000storya.cfm?storynum=2318)

http://www.worldpoolchampionship-women.com/assets/images/Kim-ga-Young-1-WC-2004.jpg

Sid_Vicious
12-12-2004, 05:43 PM
She has the dazzle and skill of men professionals(IMO), brings up scramble shots superbly, and is a true thrill to watch. Thanks...sid

recoveryjones
12-13-2004, 12:50 AM
The US Open and now the World Championships...hmmm...sounds like a MAJOR talent. Whatever happened the the never ending Allison/Karen show? Good for her. RJ

CarolNYC
12-13-2004, 03:48 AM
Woo-hoo,
Congratulations Ga-Young Kim!

Carol

Rich R.
12-13-2004, 04:02 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote recoveryjones:</font><hr> The US Open and now the World Championships...hmmm...sounds like a MAJOR talent. Whatever happened the the never ending Allison/Karen show? Good for her. RJ <hr /></blockquote>
Ga Young Kim and a group of other players, including Melissa Herndon, Jennifer Barretta, Sarah Rousey, Kelly Fisher, etc., will be shaking up the WPBA in the coming years. I don't think you will be tuning in to each tournament final on ESPN and seeing only two or three players.
The WPBA is becoming a much more interesting tour. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

marek
12-13-2004, 08:39 AM
Watch out for Jasmin Ouschan in the years to come! She plays tremendous pool and lost to Karen Corr in the quarterfinals on the hill in the age of 18 (or is it 17...?) I predict her to become instantly a major force in the WPBA tour just the moment she decides to move to States.

cuechick
12-13-2004, 10:00 AM
I too was impressed with Jasmine's finish and think women's pool is getting better and better, with all the new blood. It will be interesting to see how it evoles as some the old old guard gets pushed further down the ranks.

johnnyt
12-13-2004, 10:34 AM
I think Kelly Fisher is going to be a force on the WPBA Tour next year.
Johnnyt

DSAPOLIS
12-13-2004, 02:52 PM
This proves that hard work pays off!!!

I had the extreme pleasure of working with Ga Young on her break as well as mental conditioning about a year and a half ago. You won't find another player that practices longer, harder, and more effectively than Ga Young Kim. She's a wonderful young lady with a personality that is as strong as her game. I think this is just the beginning.

Allison Fisher and Karen Corr raised the bar in the WPBA. All of these great players that are sprouting up from all points on the globe are playing at such a high level, mainly because Allison and Karen set the standard for the level of play required to win. That should not be forgotten, and it should be commended.

daviddjmp
12-13-2004, 03:33 PM
Great to see! One question, though, what is a scramble shot?

Terry
12-13-2004, 04:51 PM
I was told by a gentleman traveling with team Europe at the world junior's in Australia that Jasmin is 18 and has one more year in the juniors. She plays great, and did great at the world womens. Terry