PDA

View Full Version : Super People Here On This Site

Sid_Vicious
12-13-2004, 06:26 AM
I've been on many discussion groups in my time and I continue to be amazed at the true depth of sincerity and well...love that we have on this board. There are NPR situations presented where people lay out their daily troubles which would normally get the low-lifes flinging uglies just because they have nothing else they can offer, but not this bunch of people. Whether it is problems "of the romantic heart" or perils of health, everyone here is genuinely in tune, and I find that worthy of a post of it's own. Everyone here now or coming tomorrow to visit this board should be proud of being a part of this group, I know I am...sid

Ives
12-13-2004, 06:47 AM
well said TAP TAP TAP

dg-in-centralpa
12-13-2004, 02:42 PM
Well said Sid. This group is like one big extended family. When one hurts, we all hurt. Tho I've never been on the receiving end of the love(I haven't needed it yet but the day will come), we are truely your friends and you can count on us to be there when you need it. Some time back I gave you my phone number, if you need to call me, don't hesitate.
I belong to a car club where everyone is the same as here. They are the best friends a person could ever want.

DG

BLACKHEART
12-13-2004, 03:19 PM
/ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gifTAP,TAP,TAP...JER

daviddjmp
12-13-2004, 03:38 PM
I agree wholeheartedly. I have used this forum numerous times over the last year and a half, and have always been impressed with the quality of the responses and personalities here. There is actual human courtesy and respect, something all too rare-

Sid_Vicious
12-13-2004, 04:59 PM
Thanks for the invite on the call and talk, I've rounded the corner and a little wiser now, but well and undamaged. It is strange how things happen as I've heard from old friends within the last day whom I've not heard from in forever, and I am talking about real close friends with no way of knowing current events. It appears to me that true friends "know" when to touch base, a cosmic thing. Everyone with a best friend is gifted, and more than one is a blessing for sure.

Later,
Sid

dg-in-centralpa
12-13-2004, 05:11 PM
Sid - the invitation is for if-ever, when-ever. Just call.

DG

Chris Cass
12-13-2004, 05:27 PM
I know I've shared my life with you all. I know I won't have much left and I couldn't make better friends. I love you all. My heart is breaking. I just want you to remember my love for you and the game. It's all I have to give.

Love,

Chris Cass

PQQLK9
12-13-2004, 06:07 PM
Chris you have given sooo much to so many of us. Just take it a day at a time because everyday I am pulling for you. I love you man!

your dawg,

Sid_Vicious
12-13-2004, 06:54 PM
Hey Chris,

You have and still are an inspiration to me personally and I so value the true friendships with you and your family today and for all the yesterdays. Whether there is time and a new chance is yet to be seen, you've encountered far more ordeal and struggles than I can even imagine myself facing and done it well, all the while you have been here giving and caring, and that makes you a gift to us all. Maybe, just maybe this time will pass too, God is in control and that is maybe my most difficult test, believing there are reasons for everything when it is contradicting to every reason in the world. I find myself fighting with Him, and I always lose, I've even come close to not believing but the fact is that all hope is still with the creator, so eventually I become consoled and obedient, what's the alternative, there isn't any. So I pray for everyone I know personally inside of peril's way just because that's where it all comes eventually.

It is good to see your name pop up on a post, please remember that we are here and that we have "our family" here to rely upon. Prayers are being said this day for another recovery, and thanks are said for the time we've connected with one another. Thank you for being you Chris, and letting me inside. Please stay in touch, you are important.

Sincerely,
Sid

rukiddingme
12-13-2004, 07:08 PM
Chris,
You are the best. All my love to you and your family.
ruk

Brian in VA
12-13-2004, 07:17 PM
Sid,
I'm a member of a woodworking forum, another of my passions. One of the members, just the other day, was complaining how there wasn't a sense of community on that board. I told him if he wanted community, he should pick up his cue and come here. This place and all the members are simply the best. It's a privelege to know all of you and know that if I'm in need, all I have to do is call. And all any of you have to do is call me, too.

All the best,
Brian in VA

stickman
12-13-2004, 07:28 PM
It is a good group of people here. I remember when I had my stroke (about a year ago), it would take me about a half hour or more to type a simple sentence. I really appreciated my many friends. (and still do) /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

stickman
12-13-2004, 08:26 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chris Cass:</font><hr> I know I've shared my life with you all. <font color="blue">And we are better for it. Thanks for sharing. </font color> I know I won't have much left <font color="blue">(I hope that's not the case) </font color> and I couldn't make better friends. <font color="blue">You get what you receive. </font color> I love you all. <font color="blue"> And you are loved as well.</font color> My heart is breaking. I just want you to remember my love for you and the game. It's all I have to give. <font color="blue"> Love is the greatest gift any of us have to give. </font color>

Love,

Chris Cass <hr /></blockquote>

<font color="blue">Love and live like there's no tommorrow. You're in our prayers.

Jim ~~~~ "When you get the choice to sit it out or dance,

I hope you dance." </font color>

tateuts
12-13-2004, 09:09 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chris Cass:</font><hr> I know I've shared my life with you all. I know I won't have much left and I couldn't make better friends. I love you all. My heart is breaking. I just want you to remember my love for you and the game. It's all I have to give.

Love,

Chris Cass <hr /></blockquote>

Chris,

I know that you will continue to be yourself, strong, passionate, and compassionate, no matter what you face. You're a very giving person. It's time to sit back and take a little.

You have given us a lot of fun and entertainment. We all feel like you're our best friend - that's just the kind of guy you are.

Inspired by your adventures, I have made up my mind to play in the US Open next year, so I am on the road to as many tournaments as I can find around here. I want to do well in them to establish myself.

If you have any advice on playing in the US Open, I sure could use some, my friend.

Chris, the un-Cass

cueball1950
12-14-2004, 12:09 AM
You 2 are without a doubt 2 of the nicest people i have ever met or had the pleasure of chatting with. Sid...maybe only here on the board.. Cassman...we have met a couple of times and like Sid you have a heart of PURE GOLD. Both of you please keep the faith and know and remember that you have a LARGE, and i mean LAAAARGE, extended family right here on the CCB that care about 0ne another. I guess what everybody is trying to say is that unlike other boards there is ALOT of LOVE for their fellow person here on the CCB////NO matter who they are...............mike

ragin1
12-14-2004, 01:27 AM
Yes Chris you have shared. You are honest and open about your road in life. I've come to love you for it. I've lost 3 people dear to me through C. Seems we've had this cloud over our head for about the last 12 yrs. First my father, then my mother in law, then my mother. My wife and I have learned the hard way just what one day at a time means, and how precious every day really is.

Although we have never met, and it's most likely we never will, thank you for giving me you. I rooted for you at the open, I root for you now, and I'll allways remember you.

May God bless you brother.

Rick

Chris Cass
12-14-2004, 05:36 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote tateuts:</font><hr>

If you have any advice on playing in the US Open, I sure could use some, my friend.

Chris, the un-Cass
<hr /></blockquote>

Hi Chris,

I remember when you first came to the board and stated that you didn't want to be mistaken for me as we both had the same name. It made me smile and laugh inside. See we all are our own special persons inside and what comes out of us is unique in every way. And yet we all share the love of what we do togather. I bet now you laugh too with me.

I've shot all my life and played with some of the best and have won. I felt inside I had to do what comes to me as fait. That is to play at the Open. It's where I feel I belong and with the shooters that I belong with. I've worked countless hours learning and given many summer days to the sport I love.

It's not a question of ego or who I am. It's a question of where do I want to be the most. It's not about anyone or their thoughts of who I am or who they think I should be. It's all about what my my heart tell me. When I went the first time to the Open. I had only 4 mths practice out of surgery. Yes, I felt foolish thinking I was anywhere near ready but it was something I needed for my soul.

The second Open last yr I practiced hard and was lucky to have someone that was kind to help me get there to forfill my heart and my dreams. I can't even thank that special someone for I don't know who or whom did this wonderful thing for me.

When my encounter with Vincent the poster came to be. It hit me hard and hurt me so bad. How anyone could be so mean was beyond me. I was really hurt by this and second guessing what my life was all about and what I believed was in my heart. Was I wrong in believeing in something that was not possible? He hurt me so much inside I can't begin to say. Just with words.

Turning 50 and my hands starting to brittle from cancer. Fighting to live and fighting to play. Fighting to do the things I felt was my destiney. Now, I have been humiliated in front of all my peers and my dear family to see these things said was too much.

Time running near and the Open so close. Monies short enough to not stand up for my values in life and relying on others money to take me there. Only to prove I had been so wrong about my life. My feelings inside to myself and my family. I went and I played.

I was right. I was not scared of any of my opponents. I was not scared of putting myself out there for ridicule and just played. I had all of you behind me and still unable to play my best. I was very nervous from the crowd and the friends of mine. Of what they would think and afraid of the outcome. The pressure of the prestige surrounding the event was huge too.

I left feeling that I could do no more and still embaraassed from what vincent said to me afterwards. I did my best to mask my pain and sorro. Two wins still wasn't good enough in my heart. After being publically humiliated on this board of my dearest friends. The ones that mean so much to me. What can I say? What could I do? I did what I love to do and did it the best I could that day. I wasn't happy with my wins and still feel bad.

I'm getting older and still not that old enough to not compete and follow my dreams but the cancer hurt me so much and has turned around and continues to beat me. I cannot take anymore of this and I will not quit. I will not give in to this desease and give up my dreams.

For the last 3 weeks I've been unable to stand up till yesterday. I walked today and tomorrow I'll shoot. My chances are not good but they say I have youth on my side. I say, I have you on myside. You and all my fellow pool players behind me. I say, cancer and vincent can move right out of my life because I'm not ready to quit. I'm not ready to give up and I refuse to die.

Soon, I'll play again and no matter if I can't hold a cue one day my son will carry my dream for me. As he has me in him. As he has us with him. I'm still going to do something one day and that sir I promise you.

Chris, you ask for advice? Here it is, Quitters never win and Winners never quit. You go to that Open. You do your best and don't ever let your face turn red for anything as I believe in you. I have your back. Anyone on this board and the lurkers too that count. "The only one you have to get better than is, yourself." "The task at hand is never greater than, the strength behind you." "Stop reinventing what happened yesterday and start planning for tomorrow."

Lastly, never be ashammed of who you are or where you came from. Never hold your love for someone inside or something as the game because of what others might say or think. Believe in what your heart tells you and never not stand up for a friend. We're only here on this earth for as long as God deems possible. Don't think anyone is better than you nor you better than them. As we all have crosses to bear. We all have dreams and we all have purpose. Don't hate anyone as they try to hurt you. Feel a sence of forgiveness as they cannot feel what love really is, through hate. Follow your dreams as they are all that really matter. Be happy when you see someone achieving their dreams. One day you will achieve yours. If you never do get there remember, someone will know you did try your best and admire what you did do. We all need love and respect. Respect is what everyone really needs.

Regards,

C.C.

Kato
12-14-2004, 05:40 PM
I love you man. You're one of the greatest people I've ever met. That comes from inside. Heide, Chris, and Spike, you're a beautiful family and I love you all.

Kato

Sid_Vicious
12-14-2004, 06:22 PM
"Don't hate anyone as they try to hurt you. Feel a sence of forgiveness as they cannot feel what love really is, through hate."

Chris,

You got me on this one today, I'll listen and do better Friend for as you stated, "They cannot feel what love really is, through hate." I've recently succumbed to losing sight of this, thanks...sid

SPetty
12-14-2004, 06:51 PM
Hey Chris,

Let Vincent go. I'm sad he's still bothering you. Let him go. His rants did nothing to change anyone's opinion of you as a top notch guy.

Take care. We care, and we'll help any way we can. Keep in touch and let us know.

Keith Talent
12-14-2004, 07:07 PM
Chris,

I've never met you or spoke to you, but you're absolutely an inspiration. Most of us might like to just be cool and controlled and whatever on the table, and maybe everywhere else, but your open-heartedness and honesty and passion is really what counts in the big picture.

As for that guy ... hell, none of that could touch you. I read a couple of lines and moved on right away, knowing it was nothing but sour grapes from some crank. Fuhgeddaboudit, as they say in Brooklyn.

JMD in VA
12-14-2004, 08:24 PM
C.C.
You da man buddy. I am pulling for you and the fam. If there is anything you need, just shout! You can't go yet. I need your guidance in my game. We all do! If we had your knowledge, experience and especially your HEART, we would all be dynamite poolplayers and people! You keep fighting and we'll see you at the Open and we will have 2 reasons to celebrate! Holiday Wishes to you and the family and our extended family out there on the board.

JMD in VA
Countin down to the Open

P.S. Tap Tap Tap to Sid V. for the post!

tateuts
12-14-2004, 10:20 PM
Mr. Cass,

I just knew you were the right person to ask. I am totally moved by your words.

I've met some smart and wise people in this world. Chris, you are second to none. Take it from me, second to none.

Thank you so much.

Chris Tate

rukiddingme
12-14-2004, 10:21 PM
C.C.,
You are one hell of a human being...la creme de la creme... a true class act. I wish I had one ounce of your courage and determination. All I know is it is an absolute pleasure to know you and your family.
I look forward to seeing you soon. Steve and I are coming to the QC right after Xmas.
ruk

Ross
12-15-2004, 12:13 AM
Chris, your honesty and openness is an inspiration and truly touches me. You have achieved more with the love you have built with your family and the passion and integrity you bring to your life than most people will even if they lived to be 100.

Hang in there buddy and as others have said take the most you can from life every day, one day at a time.

I'm thinking of you and pulling for you.

Ross

RailbirdJAM
12-15-2004, 04:58 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chris Cass:</font><hr>...I've shot all my life and played with some of the best and have won. I felt inside I had to do what comes to me as fate. That is to play at the Open. It's where I feel I belong and with the shooters that I belong with....<hr /></blockquote>

Howdy, Chris! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif I remember our last encounter, sitting in the lobby of the Chesapeake Beach Holiday Inn during the wee hours of the morning, two sleep-deprived kindred souls, sharing their enthusiasm about being at the 2004 Open. I sure was glad to see you there in that lobby, me up like a rooster while most are sleeping blisfully, and meeting you was one of the highlights of my trip.

I remember seeing you for the first time at the '03 Open. It was you and Keith who matched up on the front table as you walk in the door to the conference center, and it was the first round of the day, if I recall correctly, not a golden hour for Earthquake (LOL). I didn't know you as CCB's Chris Cass or "CAS" /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif, then not too familiar with this forum. What I did recognize that day in 2003 was a courageous man on a mission. Following your dream and letting your spirit soar, when you were on the mend, was inspirational.

Exchanging our road stories from days gone by this year was fun. That is what is kind of cool about going to the Open, meeting like-minded folk with the same passion for the game. I admire your spirit, Chris, and pray that you maintain your strength in body and soul. You are truly one of the unsung heroes in the sport! Keep the faith, and don't ever give up on following your dreams.
RailbirdJAM's picture of CAS and Earthquake (bottom left) (http://hometown.aol.com/khmccready/2004USOPENPAGE2.html)

RailbirdJAM

Brian in VA
12-15-2004, 06:09 AM
C.C.
As always, I am humbled by your breadth of knowledge of the game and of life. I'm inspired by your passion for living both to the fullest. Happy Holidays Chris and the whole family! You've once again touched me in a way no one else has.

Brian in VA

Barbara
12-15-2004, 08:39 AM
CC,

I don't know why you should feel humiliated by that Vincent a-hole because he really showed his true colors by being jealous and mean-spirited of someone else's realization of their dreams.

Never let the a-holes bring you down, make you second guess what you want or what you want to do. It's your life, not theirs!

Hugs to you and the family.

Barbara

yegon
12-15-2004, 11:52 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chris Cass:</font><hr>
When my encounter with Vincent the poster came to be. It hit me hard and hurt me so bad. How anyone could be so mean was beyond me. I was really hurt by this and second guessing what my life was all about and what I believed was in my heart. Was I wrong in believeing in something that was not possible? He hurt me so much inside I can't begin to say. Just with words.
<hr /></blockquote>

I once read a great book by Dan Millman and I liked what it suggested about dealing with these situations. Let go and forget anything that bothers you and you can do nothing about it. Wow, i thought, now I have the key to a happy life. I though I am a on a next level where bad emotions can do nothing to me, where I have complete control of myself.

Guess what? It does not work that way :-). I still bang my head on the floor remembering something bad someone said about me 5 years ago.

So I am not here with a solution. I do not think there is anything that any one of us can do to make you forget those words. But we can be there for you with our love and appreciation so that when you remeber those bad moments our words of support come to your mind instantly and turn that memory to a happy one.

So here is one from me: I have not yet been here on this forum for a long time, but you are the one who has left the biggest impression. I think you are a great man living his dream despite the problems you encounter. You are a great inspiration. I hope in 20 years I will be able to look back at my life and see as much good I have given to others as you do.

Just read throug hthe posts. You are admired by all of us. The positive emotions about you are leaking out of my monitor when I read this forum, there's so much love for you here that it should be able to shatter the bad emotions in a blink of an eye.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chris Cass:</font><hr> Chris, you ask for advice? Here it is, Quitters never win and Winners never quit. You go to that Open. You do your best and don't ever let your face turn red for anything as I believe in you. I have your back. Anyone on this board and the lurkers too that count. "The only one you have to get better than is, yourself." "The task at hand is never greater than, the strength behind you." "Stop reinventing what happened yesterday and start planning for tomorrow."
<hr /></blockquote>

Man I am still shaking 10 minutes after reading those words. Where is my cue? I am coming with you. :-)

Someday we will meet at the Open, I am right off to the practice table to prepare for that.

Eric.
12-15-2004, 01:11 PM
Chris,

Keep fighting the good fight and get well soon. That was, you can play more Pool /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

BTW, hope to see you as a regular at the US Open. Like yourself, alot of us are avid players and are working towards the day when we can play the Open and do some damage. Hoping you get there too. Get well, my friend, so you can keep practising!

Eric

ragin1
12-16-2004, 02:47 PM
"I've been unable to stand up till yesterday. I walked today and tomorrow I'll shoot"

Outstanding! I salute your tenacity.

HOWARD
12-16-2004, 03:23 PM
CC,

Best to you and yours.

Howard

JimS
12-16-2004, 04:41 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chris Cass:</font><hr>

We all have dreams and we all have purpose. Don't hate anyone as they try to hurt you. Feel a sence of forgiveness as they cannot feel what love really is, through hate. Follow your dreams as they are all that really matter. Be happy when you see someone achieving their dreams. One day you will achieve yours. If you never do get there remember, someone will know you did try your best and admire what you did do. We all need love and respect. Respect is what everyone really needs.

Regards,

C.C.

<hr /></blockquote>

Well said Chris. Hang in. It's your break so you have the chance to take it down. Believe it. Be it.

DickLeonard
12-16-2004, 08:09 PM
Chris your my Inspiration,my prayers go out to you and your family. May God solve your problems,don't give up Faith.####

Scott Lee
12-17-2004, 12:07 AM
CC...You KNOW how I feel about you! You're one of my best buds! Geez, I thought you were looking great when I saw you 3 months ago! I guess we've both been through the mill...although my troubles cannot compare to your ordeal.
I love you pal...stick in there, I'm on my way back to see you again next month. You are truly an inspiration to many! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Scott