PDA

View Full Version : just watched the video of me playing...

marek
12-13-2004, 09:08 AM
Hi there!
I just want to share my experience with the video of myself practicing...
As I prepare for the upcoming great final of the Becherovka Tour(which you may know from me if you read my posts regularly) which is two weeks from now I decided to take some videos of me to find mistakes in my game if any.... /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif MAN what a shock! /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif I found a major flaw in my stroke.. /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif The good thing is that I was tired during the shooting of this video so this flaw was quite pronounced thx to my tiredness. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif So I can see it on the video good enough...and I can work on this /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif If you want to know what the flaw is I can tell you...when my arm goes back in the stroke it goes too far so my cue goes up - and it makes me move my head (as I have quite low stance..)well not much but this is the game of milimetres so every involuntary or unwanted move counts big time! /ccboard/images/graemlins/mad.gif Jeez! I am really happy to find this one as I dedicate so much time to perfect my game.. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Qtec
12-13-2004, 09:13 AM
So what are you going to do about it?

Qtec

marek
12-13-2004, 03:09 PM
I can do basically two things:
1) shorten my stroke a bit
or
2) raise my stance a bit
I will try the first one...