PDA

View Full Version : Dying and Going to Heaven

DickLeonard
12-14-2004, 06:58 AM
No not me, but on Tuesday of this week I had the opportunity to visit Bankshot Antiques in downtown Albany. I had talked to the owner many times but this was my first vist.

I must have been out of my mind not to have paid a visit sooner. Going back in time,seeing old tables being restored to their original beauty.

The next day I called him to tell him, I had said to myself that was like dying and going to Pool Heaven. No plastic there.

I guess there is more to pool than playing pool. Go to their website BankshotAntiques.com and see if I am wrong.
####

Popcorn
12-14-2004, 07:33 AM
I have one of those old type T-Rail tables but I have it in storage. I used to have it set up but, it just didn't play like I wanted. They look really cool though in the house. Mine even has a ball return built out of wooden shoots that run under the table. I have a Gold Crown set up now and I'm probably getting a Diamond for the new house we are having built. I never played on one of those restored tables. Do they do anything to make them play more like today's tables? Did they say anything to you about that? I kind of get the idea they are more like decorator pieces. What is your honest opinion about today tables compared to the old time tables? .

Deeman2
12-14-2004, 09:26 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote DickLeonard:</font><hr> No not me, but on Tuesday of this week I had the opportunity to visit Bankshot Antiques in downtown Albany. I had talked to the owner many times but this was my first vist.

I must have been out of my mind not to have paid a visit sooner. Going back in time,seeing old tables being restored to their original beauty.

The next day I called him to tell him, I had said to myself that was like dying and going to Pool Heaven. No plastic there.

I guess there is more to pool than playing pool. Go to their website BankshotAntiques.com and see if I am wrong.
#### <hr /></blockquote>

<font color="blue"> Dick,

If those table could talk, think about all the stories they could tell. I was reliving a nice shot the other night before going to sleep thinking that others had made that shot and are now gone. In a hundred years, it won't matter, of course, but think of the matches played the fortunes won, and lost, and the joy those tables have and will give generations to come. Thanks for the reminder. I'm passing my Balabuska on to my grandson who is now two years old. My hope is he is a player although I'll probably never know. If he isn't, I'd rather it go to a kid who will love it like I did when I was 18 years old. Will probably never happen!!! He'll end up a banger...</font color>

Deeman

Wally_in_Cincy
12-14-2004, 10:05 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Deeman2:</font><hr>
He'll end up a banger <hr /></blockquote>

Well in that case at least you will have great-grandkids to look forward to /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif