PDA

View Full Version : Half Way Through

Fred Agnir
12-14-2004, 02:39 PM
I just wanted to let everyone know that I'm halfway through a box of Bostitch staples. This so far in my career is the closest I've come to actually finishing a box. I've had this box for 8 years. Wish me luck.

HTH,

Fred

Tom_In_Cincy
12-14-2004, 11:27 PM
I still have less than half of the 50 pack of LePro tips I bought 10 years ago.

But, I still have a full box of staples and a half box that I thought I had lost.
Now I have to find that stapler.. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Moving does have some strange effects on where you thought you put things. /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Rich R.
12-15-2004, 04:21 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Fred Agnir:</font><hr> I just wanted to let everyone know that I'm halfway through a box of Bostitch staples. This so far in my career is the closest I've come to actually finishing a box. I've had this box for 8 years. Wish me luck.

HTH,

Fred <hr /></blockquote>
Fred, you need to change jobs. I go through a box every couple months. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Maybe, I should change jobs. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Paul_Mon
12-15-2004, 05:53 AM
Too funny. Last summer I finished my first box of staples, 26 years. I felt so attached to the box that I refilled it. I also have a Pink Pearl that I got new in 1974 that's about 1/3 it's original size. I still have drafting leads (2B and HB) that came in wooden sleeves. I haven't used those leads since the early 80's but can't toss them out either. I'm on my second telephone index flip pad. The first one has lots of dead people in it

Paul Mon

Chopstick
12-15-2004, 06:06 AM
I have one gross of Master Chalk I bought for $8.75, 30 years ago. I thought it would last me a couple years. I think it's going to be in my will.

nhp
12-15-2004, 06:07 AM
My dad is the type of guy who just can't throw things away. For a period of time the backyard of my house started to become a junkyard before my mom put her foot down. Now we just have a garage full of junk, and I mean full. We have to keep our cars sitting in the driveway. When I was younger I used to find it adventurous to sift through all the junk in our garage, and even now being 24 it still interests me. About two weeks ago I found a crossbow and a couple of bolts. My finger still aches from the wire slapping into it when I fired it unloaded just to test it. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

9 Ball Girl
12-15-2004, 08:58 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote nhp:</font><hr> My dad is the type of guy who just can't throw things away. <hr /></blockquote>We have the same kind of Dad. Mine still has 8 track cassettes and equipment and super 8mm reels of film and the projector and recorder--all in working condition. It's driving my Mom nuts! Especially after I converted all of the super 8mm stuff to VHS (I'm working on trying to get it on DVD next).

Wally_in_Cincy
12-16-2004, 06:24 AM
Does anyone need a half of a 10-year-old can of 3-in-1 oil?