PDA

View Full Version : How good is this shot?

One
12-14-2004, 07:12 PM
ftp://poollogics.is-a-geek.net:22163/month/(Tournament).Concentrator-cut.for.position%2B1rail.and.make.(2004.12.14).avi 276 KB

The cueball and 8-ball are not touching, otherwise it would have been an easy shot.

Rate this shot 1-10. (10 is best)

You need XviD (http://www.koepi.org/XviD-1.0.2-29082004.exe) codec to see the video.

crawdaddio
12-14-2004, 09:51 PM
Weak, dude. I thought I was going to see a real shot.........

~DC

One
12-14-2004, 11:23 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote crawdaddio:</font><hr> Weak, dude. I thought I was going to see a real shot.........

~DC <hr /></blockquote>
You are right, it had very bad position play.
What kind of shot do you want to see?

crawdaddio
12-15-2004, 11:23 AM
I just meant "real" as opposed to "simulated".
It would be a HELLOVA SHOT if you had a video of you actually making it. No harm intended.

~DC

Steve Lipsky
12-15-2004, 12:02 PM
Patrick, your cueball is heading right for the corner pocket. What happens if you miss the kiss on the 8??

Very dangerous....

/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

- Steve

bsmutz
12-15-2004, 03:19 PM
Patrick or "One",
I spent a lot of time on your web site yesterday reading your comments about a variety of topics related to pool, as well as yourself. While I admire your efforts, somewhat, I think your whole approach is going to alienate people more than endear you to them. When you state uncategorically that everyone else doesn't know jack and that you (and your cohorts) know everything (except physics) about pool, you're going to be turning people off. And what's with the Mr. X, Mr. I, and One? Don't you all have real names? Another big turn off for people on pool boards everywhere is that you are talking about vitual pool like it is the exact same (or better) than real pool. I'm not going to get into a big discussion with you or point out any other (perceived by me) flaws in your approach, but I seriously suggest that you reconsider your position. It may be that I'm wrong and that people will throng to your web site and that you will actually be able to increase the level of ability of the top players in the world by 2050 to your status, but I seriously doubt it using your current approach. On a more positive note, I appreciate reading your ideas and feel that you have made some good points that could improve someone's game.

One
12-15-2004, 07:58 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Steve Lipsky:</font><hr> Patrick, your cueball is heading right for the corner pocket. What happens if you miss the kiss on the 8??

Very dangerous....

/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

- Steve <hr /></blockquote>
If I didn't make the 8 I would have lost the game or match anyway.

One
12-15-2004, 08:03 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote crawdaddio:</font><hr> I just meant "real" as opposed to "simulated".
It would be a HELLOVA SHOT if you had a video of you actually making it. No harm intended.

~DC <hr /></blockquote>
Actually that shot is easier in real pool because you can see distances better in 3D. But the rails are not consistent so it evens out.

One
12-15-2004, 08:41 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote bsmutz:</font><hr> Patrick or "One",
I spent a lot of time on your web site yesterday reading your comments about a variety of topics related to pool, as well as yourself. While I admire your efforts, somewhat, I think your whole approach is going to alienate people more than endear you to them. When you state uncategorically that everyone else doesn't know jack and that you (and your cohorts) know everything (except physics) about pool, you're going to be turning people off. And what's with the Mr. X, Mr. I, and One? Don't you all have real names? Another big turn off for people on pool boards everywhere is that you are talking about vitual pool like it is the exact same (or better) than real pool. I'm not going to get into a big discussion with you or point out any other (perceived by me) flaws in your approach, but I seriously suggest that you reconsider your position. It may be that I'm wrong and that people will throng to your web site and that you will actually be able to increase the level of ability of the top players in the world by 2050 to your status, but I seriously doubt it using your current approach. On a more positive note, I appreciate reading your ideas and feel that you have made some good points that could improve someone's game. <hr /></blockquote>
I have all advice on the site instead on this forum because otherwise everyone would argue in the forum and try to prove I am wrong, that is just a waste of time. I haven't been wrong in anything yet. Just some typing errors which I almost never do.

My site is for intelligent open minded people. There will come more and more to Earth. Aliens disguised as humans will take over Earth soon. Year 2012 there should be 3 million of us already. They call us "Indigo" or Star children" or "Christ Consciousness". 2000 years ago I got crucified but now I have 3 million copies with me. 2000 humans vs 1 indigo, the indigo will win because of his mental powers.

I am not 100% sure of this but december 22 2012 we will see if it is true.

So my site is made for indigos because we are open minded. All my mistakes and ways to fix them will be posted on my site. So that others will become better at pool faster.

Virtual Pool is the most intelligent game that is popular enough on Earth, chess is a stupid game where you need mostly memory and experience, you need more brain power instead of intelligence.
"It isn't the body or vehicle that matters, it is the one who is controlling it..." - One

Even if I have this crap body I can do more than others with a better body. I can improve my reaction time by 50% just by focusing harder than normal humans. I could lift 130 kg when my body was 13-14 years old and I was very small and fat. I could break faster than most in pool even if I had a weaker body, it is the technique. It is all in the mind.

Here is a video of me punching almost as fast as Bruce Lee in his prime, this is with my untrained strength and I never trained martial arts.
ftp://poollogics.is-a-geek.net:22163/nonpool/punches/%5B2004.06.10%5Duntrained.fast.punch.PatrickL.avi

In this video I would break my wrist if I would hit someone.

I have successfully made my bones weaker from overdoses of milk, because less bone weight makes the pool break faster.

So do I have a good body or a bad one but with more mental powers?
I estimate my muscles are 87% fast twitch muscle fibers based on all data I have. I don't have any endurance.

One
12-15-2004, 08:54 PM
If you want to see how long I focused before I shot this shot you can see the longer version video:
ftp://poollogics.is-a-geek.net:22163/month/(Tournament).Concentrator-cut.for.position%2B1rail.and.make_long.version%2Br eplay_(2004.12.14).avi

I got a headache afterwards and eyes were hurting. So I wouldn't make the shot 100% because I need to rest my eyes and brain before I can focus that hard again. After I have played some reflex tester games my reaction time got slower because I overtrained the brain, so after I rested a couple months I could focus hard again and reaction time was faster.

I have heard that Stephen Hendry only concentrates his hardest in the World Championships. This is almost the same thing. But a tournament is about focusing consistently the same level in many days.

Rod
12-15-2004, 10:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
<hr /></blockquote>

Well while were waiting, put your shots on the wei! I'm not D/L codecs and that player.

JohnnyP
12-15-2004, 11:19 PM
Heck, I'd watch, but my iMac won't play avi's.

One
12-16-2004, 12:09 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rod:</font><hr> &lt;/font&gt;&lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr /&gt;
<hr /></blockquote>

Well while were waiting, put your shots on the wei! I'm not D/L codecs and that player. <hr /></blockquote>

START(
%AI8^8%BL7_0%Hc8V3%IQ1G0%Pb3V4%Sk8Y4%Uc5E3%Vb4U5%W n6U6%Xd6V1
%Yr0U1%Zn9T5%[o1Z4%\r7U5%]s3Z8%^o4U6%eC7a2%_m1Z4%`n0Z7%am9Z7
%bn4S7%ce1G4%dc6D4
)END

You can't make it more accurate than this in wei, there should be a couple extra mm gap between the cueball and 8-ball.

The 8-ball has speed on it so it pushes the cueball to the short rail after contact.

One
12-16-2004, 02:54 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rod:</font><hr>
Well while were waiting, put your shots on the wei! I'm not D/L codecs and that player. <hr /></blockquote>
"A picture is only like a thousand words, a video is like 30 pictures per second."
- One

SpiderMan
12-16-2004, 09:53 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote One:</font><hr> I have all advice on the site instead on this forum because otherwise everyone would argue in the forum and try to prove I am wrong, that is just a waste of time. I haven't been wrong in anything yet. Just some typing errors which I almost never do. <hr /></blockquote>

Do you still believe that each player in a field of 128 has only one chance in 256 of winning?

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Patrick:</font><hr> For example on Euro Tour in a tournament with 128 players, you need to win 8 straight matches to win the tournament (double elimination). Then if you have 50% chance per match, the chance of winning is only 1 in 256 (0.39%). First price on Euro Tour is only $3000 and the travel expenses are around $1000. So you win only 3 times your bet, and the chance to win is 1 in 256, not very smart.
<hr /></blockquote>

BTW, your site is pretty good.

SpiderMan

bsmutz
12-16-2004, 11:20 AM
"My site is for intelligent open minded people. There will come more and more to Earth. Aliens disguised as humans will take over Earth soon. Year 2012 there should be 3 million of us already. They call us "Indigo" or Star children" or "Christ Consciousness". 2000 years ago I got crucified but now I have 3 million copies with me. 2000 humans vs 1 indigo, the indigo will win because of his mental powers. I am not 100% sure of this but december 22 2012 we will see if it is true. So my site is made for indigos because we are open minded. All my mistakes and ways to fix them will be posted on my site. So that others will become better at pool faster. Virtual Pool is the most intelligent game that is popular enough on Earth, chess is a stupid game where you need mostly memory and experience, you need more brain power instead of intelligence."
You say you hardly ever make typing errors, but there are several in this short quote alone. This leads me to suspect that you really aren't all that intelligent. Also, you contradict yourself a few times here. Are these "aliens" considered to be people also? Isn't calling chess a stupid game being close-minded? Isn't stating that you have never been wrong yet close-minded? Isn't stating that none of the instructional books or videos on pool have anything worthwhile to offer the student close-minded? How can you say that your site is for open-minded, intelligent people when you aren't one? Just wondering...

One
12-16-2004, 01:40 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SpiderMan:</font><hr> Do you still believe that each player in a field of 128 has only one chance in 256 of winning?

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Patrick:</font><hr> For example on Euro Tour in a tournament with 128 players, you need to win 8 straight matches to win the tournament (double elimination). Then if you have 50% chance per match, the chance of winning is only 1 in 256 (0.39%). First price on Euro Tour is only $3000 and the travel expenses are around $1000. So you win only 3 times your bet, and the chance to win is 1 in 256, not very smart.
<hr /></blockquote>

<hr /></blockquote>
If you took it from my site, you forgot to include the last sentence. AND you edited it!!!

http://poollogics.port5.com/articles/one/whytournaments.htm

"For example on Euro Tour in a tournament with 128 players, you need to win 8 straight matches to win the tournament (double elimination). Then if you have 50% chance per match, the chance of winning ALL 8 matches is only 1 in 256 (0.39%). First price on Euro Tour is only $3000 and the travel expenses are around $1000. So you win only 3 times your bet, and the chance to win is 1 in 256, not very smart. But you will always have 1 chance in 128 when you enter the tournament because you get another chance due to double elimination in the first 3 matches, the last 5 matches are single elimination."

Winning 8 straight matches is 1 chance in 256.

One
12-16-2004, 01:59 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote bsmutz:</font><hr> "My site is for intelligent open minded people. There will come more and more to Earth. Aliens disguised as humans will take over Earth soon. Year 2012 there should be 3 million of us already. They call us "Indigo" or Star children" or "Christ Consciousness". 2000 years ago I got crucified but now I have 3 million copies with me. 2000 humans vs 1 indigo, the indigo will win because of his mental powers. I am not 100% sure of this but december 22 2012 we will see if it is true. So my site is made for indigos because we are open minded. All my mistakes and ways to fix them will be posted on my site. So that others will become better at pool faster. Virtual Pool is the most intelligent game that is popular enough on Earth, chess is a stupid game where you need mostly memory and experience, you need more brain power instead of intelligence."

You say you hardly ever make typing errors, but there are several in this short quote alone. This leads me to suspect that you really aren't all that intelligent. Also, you contradict yourself a few times here. Are these "aliens" considered to be people also? Isn't calling chess a stupid game being close-minded? Isn't stating that you have never been wrong yet close-minded? Isn't stating that none of the instructional books or videos on pool have anything worthwhile to offer the student close-minded? How can you say that your site is for open-minded, intelligent people when you aren't one? Just wondering... <hr /></blockquote>
What typing errors? I can only see I forgot a quotation mark.
Spelling errors doesn't matter anyway, my friend makes a spelling error every sentence and he is the most intelligent on this Earth.
Typing errors matter less because it depends on your body and how fast you type, the faster you type the more errors you make.

I said that I have never been wrong in this forum when you humans have thought I was, but I have been wrong many times in other things.

"I don't believe in anything" - One

"If you don't contradict yourself you are narrow minded" - One

"The more you believe in something, the further you are from the real truth." - One

"Narrow minded ignorant people are more evil than mass murderers" - One

"The most intelligent people are the ones who don't believe in anything, not even after it has been proven...because it is all fake." - One

"There are no correct answers in existence because there is no end result" - One

"If the Truth made me the most stupid and evil person alive, I would accept it if it was the Truth." - One

I don't care if I am right or wrong, I just want to know the Truth, if I am narrow minded, I don't care because then I would be closer to truth. But comparing myself to others I am more open minded based on all data, but I can never be 100% sure.

"There is a different correct answer for each level of understanding" - One

"Everyone are correct when it is based on their own knowledge" - One

I don't judge you, you are right based on the limited knowledge you have, but what makes you judge me? You can't be 100% sure, the only thing I can think of is that you say these things on purpose to make me upset. A combination of letters is a possibility, possibilities is Truth, I don't get upset from truth.

"Being the enemy of anything is being the enemy of yourself and the Truth" - One

"Nothing is evil, evil is just combinations of possibilities." - One

Chopstick
12-16-2004, 02:08 PM
Hey One, did you ever meet anyone from Zambodia. You see me and Spiderman and Deeman used to know this Prince Mongo from Zambodia. He always used to run for mayor. Are you going to enter politics?

MEMPHIS, Tenn. - A judge has ruled that a defendant can't show up for trial wearing fur, bones, goggles and pale green body paint, even if he is from the planet Zambodia.

But an attorney for the man who calls himself Prince Mongo wants to make a federal case out of his client's 10-day jail sentence for contempt of court. Slug PM-Prince Mongo. New, may stand. Federal court hearing starts at 1 p.m. EDT.

Or maybe you met this guy:

http://home.midsouth.rr.com/thedills/Kirks%20Photos/Marvin.jpg

bsmutz
12-16-2004, 02:40 PM
I'm beginning to feel stupid for corresponding with you. I wasn't trying to upset you. I was trying to make you think intelligently about what you are saying and posting on your site. I've reached the conclusion that it may not be possible due to your delusional state of mind.

DavidMorris
12-16-2004, 02:56 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote bsmutz:</font><hr> I'm beginning to feel stupid for corresponding with you. I wasn't trying to upset you. I was trying to make you think intelligently about what you are saying and posting on your site. I've reached the conclusion that it may not be possible due to your delusional state of mind. <hr /></blockquote>
Welcome to Patrick's world. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif I'm sure the rest of CCB who knows Patrick from times past joined me in communally rolling our eyes once it became apparent who "One" was.

One
12-16-2004, 03:04 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote bsmutz:</font><hr> I'm beginning to feel stupid for corresponding with you. I wasn't trying to upset you. I was trying to make you think intelligently about what you are saying and posting on your site. I've reached the conclusion that it may not be possible due to your delusional state of mind. <hr /></blockquote>
Being delusional and paranoid is thinking of all possibilities. Anything is possible.

Tom_In_Cincy
12-16-2004, 03:08 PM
I too am a former Memphian. 1956-1978.
Prince Mongo also had a pretty good Pizza parlor.
His house, on the other hand, was a DUMP.

One
12-16-2004, 03:13 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Tom_In_Cincy:</font><hr> I too am a former Memphian. 1956-1978.
Prince Mongo also had a pretty good Pizza parlor.
His house, on the other hand, was a DUMP.
<hr /></blockquote>
Nobody needs a house, only 1 flying room with a bathroom and an AI computer with a nano worker that replicates itself, you can build anything with nano technology.
Because everyone are flying around you don't need countries anymore and world peace is closer.

SpiderMan
12-16-2004, 03:57 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote One:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote SpiderMan:</font><hr> Do you still believe that each player in a field of 128 has only one chance in 256 of winning?

<hr /></blockquote>

<hr /></blockquote>
If you took it from my site, you forgot to include the last sentence. AND you edited it!!!

http://poollogics.port5.com/articles/one/whytournaments.htm
<hr /></blockquote>

Sorry, you're busted. It is taken directly from your archived posting to this forum:

http://www.billiardsdigest.com/ccboard/showthreaded.php?Cat=&amp;Board=ccbboard&amp;Number=46591&amp; page=&amp;view=&amp;sb=&amp;o=

It is you who has "edited" it, but it is still wrong. Your math is correct, but your logic is flawed in your opening statement.

Winning in straight matches is not the only way to win a double-elimination tournament. You can lose one match, advance to the finals, and still win the tournament.

You forgot a common-sense statistical principle - the sum of probabilities of all outcomes must equal unity. Using your logic, there would be no winner for half of the tournaments.

SpiderMan

One
12-16-2004, 04:28 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SpiderMan:</font><hr>
Winning in straight matches is not the only way to win a double-elimination tournament. You can lose one match, advance to the finals, and still win the tournament.

You forgot a common-sense statistical principle - the sum of probabilities of all outcomes must equal unity. Using your logic, there would be no winner for half of the tournaments.

SpiderMan <hr /></blockquote>
I didn't say you need to win 8 matches to win the tournament. I said winning 8 matches in a row is 1 chance in 256. You don't think I know what double elimination means? You get another chance if you lose a match. So 1 chance in 128 total.

In my first post I made the mistake of not adding enough information. I expected you knew that 1 chance in 128 was obvious, and I thought you knew I was talking about winning all 8 matches.

You forgot to include this link:
http://www.billiardsdigest.com/ccboard/showthreaded.php?Cat=&amp;Board=ccbboard&amp;Number=47773&amp; page=&amp;view=&amp;sb=&amp;o=&amp;vc=1

"You really think anyone would say anything else than 1 chance in 128 if all have equal chances? Only apes can answer that wrong."

landshark77
12-16-2004, 04:36 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote One:</font><hr>
My site is for intelligent open minded people. There will come more and more to Earth. Aliens disguised as humans will take over Earth soon. Year 2012 there should be 3 million of us already. They call us "Indigo" or Star children" or "Christ Consciousness". 2000 years ago I got crucified but now I have 3 million copies with me. 2000 humans vs 1 indigo, the indigo will win because of his mental powers.
<hr /></blockquote>

OMG!!! Here on this Earth in a land called reality I am called a female, woman, girl...the list goes on and on. Preferably, I like the term girl. Why is this awesome? Well, if I can find one other lady on this forum who likes to be called a girl too...we're set! How?...because we would be known as "girls" and with you being "indigo"...we would have the "Indigo Gilrs" posting on this forum! How freakin' awesome is that?!?!?! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Seriously it would work...I mean the lyrics even fit you to a t, huh?:

"And I went to see the Doctor of Philosophy
With a poster of Rasputin and a beard down to his knee
He never did marry or see a b-grade movie
He graded my performance, he said he could see through me
I spent four years prostrate to the higher mind
Got my paper and I was free..."

Ah though, 2012 is much longer than 4 years.....I'm not sure I can wait. /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Rod
12-16-2004, 04:56 PM
The diagram is ok. Sometime (before 2012) will you tell me what you were doing? Is it 8 ball, 9 ball or what? Was this a safety?

Rod

One
12-16-2004, 05:39 PM
42% voted 1 (Worst). I guess it is just slang for the opposite.
If not, post why you voted it. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

One
12-16-2004, 05:42 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rod:</font><hr> The diagram is ok. Sometime (before 2012) will you tell me what you were doing? Is it 8 ball, 9 ball or what? Was this a safety?

Rod <hr /></blockquote>
It is 9-ball. Does this look like a safety? I never do a safety unless the shot is impossible to make, and this shot was possible.

I accepted bad position on the 9-ball (which is an easy shot anyway) in order to make the 8 easier.

Rod
12-16-2004, 06:09 PM
I didn't know what it was, so I asked. You fellas do play things a bit different, where your from. Time shots are ok, low percentage, but ok. A little practice makes them a lot easier.

One
12-16-2004, 06:27 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rod:</font><hr> I didn't know what it was, so I asked. You fellas do play things a bit different, where your from. Time shots are ok, low percentage, but ok. A little practice makes them a lot easier. <hr /></blockquote>
I rather choose a 20% shot than make a safety and leave the opponent snookered. Because a massť or kick shot is easy in a high skill level, I always expect that my opponent is much better than me, so if I make a safety I always expect to lose.

If the opponent was snookered I would rather shoot that shot myself than let the opponent shoot it.

landshark77
12-16-2004, 06:41 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote One:</font><hr>
I rather choose a 20% shot than make a safety and leave the opponent snookered.

<hr /></blockquote>

Ok, seriously, why? You have a 20% chance at making a shot, thus 80% that you will miss and leave your opponent an out, thus costing you the game. Pool is not only a game of physical skill, but also one of mental skill. If I had only a 20% chance to make a ball with and obvious safety, you bet I'm gonna play safe. IMO, safeties are what separates the men from the boys so to speak. Anyone that has a clue can make a simple shot (the skill), and there is a great chance that anyone can slop a ball in (the luck), but to be analytical and think your shots thru and know what is going on BEFORE you get there and me FORCING you to take a shot that you don't want to is the game.

In pool YOU should always be in control of the table.

One
12-16-2004, 09:17 PM
I rather shoot a 20% shot than make a perfect safety where the opponent has 80% chance of making it. It depends on how good the opponent is, and in the future there will not be safeties because everyone are so good. So it is useless to do safeties instead of being offensive so you can improve from it.
You have to practice in a way to prepare for many decades into the future.

crawdaddio
12-16-2004, 11:13 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote One:</font><hr> I rather shoot a 20% shot than make a perfect safety where the opponent has 80% chance of making it. It depends on how good the opponent is, and in the future there will not be safeties because everyone are so good. So it is useless to do safeties instead of being offensive so you can improve from it.
You have to practice in a way to prepare for many decades into the future.
<hr /></blockquote>

This has to be the worst advice I have ever read on a pool forum. Good job.

~DC

Scott Lee
12-16-2004, 11:34 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote One:</font><hr> "A picture is only like a thousand words, a video is like 30 pictures per second."
- One
<hr /></blockquote>

Patrick...If you were really as smart as you believe you are, you would know that video runs at 40 frames per second, not "like 30"! LOL Whatta maroon! /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif Go back to your home planet!

One
12-17-2004, 12:22 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Scott Lee:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote One:</font><hr> "A picture is only like a thousand words, a video is like 30 pictures per second."
- One
<hr /></blockquote>

Patrick...If you were really as smart as you believe you are, you would know that video runs at 40 frames per second, not "like 30"! LOL Whatta maroon! /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif Go back to your home planet! <hr /></blockquote>
NTSC is 29.970 fps progressive and 60 fps interlaced
NTSC is 23.976 fps progressive and 48 fps interlaced
PAL is 25 fps (50 interlaced)

I record my videos in 29.970 fps.

You don't understand that the quote was a joke? That's why the smiley was there.

SpiderMan
12-17-2004, 09:42 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote One:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote SpiderMan:</font><hr>

SpiderMan <hr /></blockquote>

I didn't say you need to win 8 matches to win the tournament. I said winning 8 matches in a row is 1 chance in 256. You don't think I know what double elimination means? You get another chance if you lose a match. So 1 chance in 128 total.

In my first post I made the mistake of not adding enough information. I expected you knew that 1 chance in 128 was obvious, and I thought you knew I was talking about winning all 8 matches.
<hr /></blockquote>

If you check your original post (which also contains a typo error), note that you clearly believed that the overall chance to win is 1 in 256:

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote patrick:</font><hr>
First price on Euro Tour is only $3000 and the travel expenses are around $1000. So you win only 3 times your bet, and the chance to win is 1 in 256, not very smart.
<hr /></blockquote>

Yes, I was quite surprised that you did not realize the obvious, and more surprised that you continued to argue the point for several days. Fortunately, the entire original thread is archived.

Apparently we are now in agreement, welcome back to earth, please let us know if you need further guidance.

SpiderMan

Eric.
12-17-2004, 10:03 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote landshark77:</font><hr>
OMG!!! Here on this Earth in a land called reality I am called a female, woman, girl...the list goes on and on. Preferably, I like the term girl. Why is this awesome? Well, if I can find one other lady on this forum who likes to be called a girl too...we're set!

<font color="green">There is a being that goes by..9ballGirl </font color>

How?...because we would be known as "girls" and with you being "indigo" <font color="green">how bout psychedelic technicolor instead </font color> ...we would have the "Indigo Gilrs" posting on this forum! How freakin' awesome is that?!?!?! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Seriously it would work...I mean the lyrics even fit you to a t
<font color="green"> so would a straight jacket </font color> , huh?:

"And I went to see the Doctor of Philosophy
With a poster of Rasputin and a beard down to his knee
He never did marry or see a b-grade movie
He graded my performance, he said he could see through me
I spent four years prostrate to the higher mind
Got my paper and I was free..."

Ah though, 2012 is much longer than 4 years <font color="green">I count just a little more than 7 years, but I used my fingers.. </font color> .....I'm not sure I can wait. /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif
<hr /></blockquote>

Eric &gt;One point oh five

SpiderMan
12-17-2004, 10:26 AM
Honestly, I don't think it was a bad shot. But our perspective is mostly from the point of view of execution on a physical table. There, some of your responses were from players thinking about the total situation, possible alternatives, and likelihood of winning a game.

SpiderMan