PDA

View Full Version : Remote Car Starter Q

Wally_in_Cincy
12-15-2004, 06:20 AM
Anybody ever buy an after-market remote car starter? Where's a good place to have one installed? A car audio store? A mechanic? Ballpark figure of cost?

thanks folks

SecaucusFats
12-15-2004, 06:48 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr> Anybody ever buy an after-market remote car starter? Where's a good place to have one installed? A car audio store? A mechanic? Ballpark figure of cost?

thanks folks <hr /></blockquote>

Figure on spending about $150 to $250 (with installation included).

A car audio shop would be your best bet (they do this kind of installation all the time).

SF

Wally_in_Cincy
12-15-2004, 06:50 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SecaucusFats:</font><hr> Figure on spending about $150 to $250 (with installation included).

A car audio shop would be your best bet (they do this kind of installation all the time).

SF <hr /></blockquote>

That's kinda what I figgered.

Now the only problem is getting waited on at one of those places. If you're older than 22 they know you're not in there to drop $3G on audio and video equipment /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

thanks Fats

Wally &lt;~~ can't go in Abercrombie and Fitch anymore either.

PQQLK9
12-15-2004, 07:01 AM
Wally I had one installed on a new 96 Dodge Caravan by Circuit City (about $179.00 I think) and it stills performs like the day I got it.

eg8r
12-15-2004, 07:10 AM
I used to install them at a Car Audio store when I was in high school. They are probably a good first place to look. I am not sure what brands are available anymore, but the store I worked at installed Clifford Alarms. Clifford offered remote start, and they were at the time (early 90s) the best alarms on the market.

eg8r

eg8r
12-15-2004, 07:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Now the only problem is getting waited on at one of those places. If you're older than 22 they know you're not in there to drop $3G on audio and video equipment /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif <hr /></blockquote> Only 3G? That seems a bit low for audio and video equipment. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif One or the other. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r