PDA

View Full Version : World 9 Ball

05-22-2002, 05:00 AM
Im hoping to go to Cardiff to attend the World Ball Tourney. Can someone give me advice on hotels there and great places to eat. Im going solo so any words of wisdom would be appreciated.

05-22-2002, 06:32 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Keone:</font><hr> Im hoping to go to Cardiff to attend the World Ball Tourney. Can someone give me advice on hotels there and great places to eat. Im going solo so any words of wisdom would be appreciated. <hr></blockquote>

MatchroomSports.com may be able to give you the hotel info.There are several close by($70-80) but I've forgot their names.

Food? ... is all terrible in England and Wales imo.You will be in centre city Cardiff though.There are restaurants all over,I just couldn't stand the English/Welsh menus.BS

Nostroke
05-22-2002, 07:21 AM
There is the IBIS hotel real close which is the cheapest, then the BIG Sleep Hotel is next. The Jurys hotel is the one all the players stay at - its about 85 Eng pounds/nite, about double the Ibis. there are no good restaurants that i know of in cardiff.

Alfie
05-22-2002, 08:01 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Anonymous:</font><hr> Food? ... is all terrible in England and Wales imo.You will be in centre city Cardiff though.There are restaurants all over,I just couldn't stand the English/Welsh menus.BS <hr></blockquote>

http://www.mcdonalds.co.uk/locator/htm/LO_framelocator.html

05-22-2002, 08:27 AM
Hey, no more dissing the fine Welsh cuisine! There are plenty of good retaurants in down town Cardiff, you just need to look.

Luke Riches
MAtchroom Sport

Tom_In_Cincy
05-22-2002, 07:04 PM
Luke, "may the food be with you"

Is there a few fine eateries you would care to share with us?

Thanks

05-23-2002, 02:21 PM
So Luke can we just show up. Since tix are free would there be a possibility of flying all the way and not being able to get in?

05-24-2002, 02:04 AM
Because we have a big arena we can take up to 1500 people at a time so I wouldn't worry about tickets in advance ( although I can send you some if you wish; mail me with details at info@matchroom.com) . For the final there are just over 500 tickets available and these are priced at 12. Purchase these in advance from the CIA Box Office +44 2920 224488.

Luke