PDA

View Full Version : Where are they now???

nAz
12-15-2004, 09:37 AM
http://www.weht.net/

I could not find Fast Larry /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif but i did find Punky Brewster /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Wally_in_Cincy
12-15-2004, 10:22 AM
Eve Plumb

She was still quite young after the series ended, so her life after Brady Bunch included becoming a varsity cheerleader and her high school homecoming queen.

In 1976 she played a teenaged prostitute in Dawn: Portrait of a Teenage Runaway. She embarked on a career in stand-up comedy joining an LA comcedy troupe The Groundlings.

She married Rick Mansfield in 1979 and divorced at some point in the 80's.

Most recently an artist, selling and exhibiting her paitings across the country.

http://www.hissandpop.com/celebrities/p/eveplumb/photos/016.jpg

SnakebyteXX
12-15-2004, 11:28 AM
Jon Provost - "Timmy & Lassie Show"

Jon Provost lives and works here in Sonoma County selling real estate. Jon never got tall and aside from the mustache and a few extra pounds looks very much like he did when he was a kid.

Jon had a stage mother who first got him into films when he was 2 1/2. If memory serves he was seven when he started the 'Timmy & Lassie Show' and twelve when he quit.

When I met him he was a semi-literate twenty year old kid struggling to come to terms with who he was. As a child star his education was often ignored in preference to more time in front of the cameras. His tv and movie career had eaten up a large chunk of his childhood. As a result when I first knew him Jon spent a lot of time revisiting what it meant to be a kid. He loved games and toys of all kinds - couldn't seem to get enough of them.

When he talked about his time on the show it was often with less than fond recollections. He hated June Lockhart - loved the dog. He spoke about the cigar smoking dwarf that was his stunt double who feared for his job as Jon grew a little taller each year and finally had to stand on a soap box to match his height.

His first wife was a beautiful and quite diminutive woman with an equally beautiful twin sister. We attended his wedding with our then two year old daughter. His mother took one look at our little girl and announced that she was 'movie material' and we just had to get her an agent!. I'll never forget Jon stepping in between and telling his mother to 'back off' and leave her alone. At the time he had a lot of resentment towards the stage-mother who he blamed for stealing his childhood. Im sure those feelings have mellowed in time.

His memories of growing up in front of the cameras were nothing like the wonderful thing we fans might imagine - he paid a heavy price both emotionally and socially for being a child star - as so many of them do.

Jon eventually grew into his life as Jon the man. He got a real estate license and landed a job. He divorced and remarried. He has two children of his own that he is very proud of.

We've been friends for over thirty years. It's good to see how far he's come since I first met him and how well he's done at building a life for himself after 'peaking' as a national celebrity before he was even thirteen years old.

Snake

Timmy (http://www.jonprovost.com/)