PDA

View Full Version : Back to the Cold

MaineEAck
12-15-2004, 12:35 PM
Heading back to the frigid temperatures of Maine. I'm going home from the 23rd till the 30th. Just a quick update for everyone... I am working a lot of hours and having a lot of fun. (Never would have thought I would ever swim in December)
Hows everyone doing?

Harold Acosta
12-15-2004, 07:24 PM
Have you ever thought about swimming all year long, nice temperatures and beautiful women? /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Come visit our beautiful Island of Puerto Rico! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Note: There is plenty of 9 ball action after dark! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

DickLeonard
12-16-2004, 09:57 AM
MaineAck I just want you to know that Saranac Lake,NY has the coldest temperature in the US 90+ days a year. I delivered Liquor to Lake Placid/Saranac from before the Olympics to 1994.

I always tell people I know what cold is and it aint Zero.
I was overnight and the temp was 40+ below and 100 below with the wind chill.####

catscradle
12-16-2004, 11:22 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote MaineEAck:</font><hr> Heading back to the frigid temperatures of Maine. I'm going home from the 23rd till the 30th. Just a quick update for everyone... I am working a lot of hours and having a lot of fun. (Never would have thought I would ever swim in December)
Hows everyone doing? <hr /></blockquote>

It is amazing what a difference a few degrees of latitude can make. I live on the (balmy) So. Shore of MA, but due to my job I'm stuck living in the Nashua, NH area 5 days a week. 70 miles difference, less as the crow flies, but just much colder. It probably has something to do with being further from the ocean too. Better economy, you can bet I wouldn't be here.

DickLeonard
12-20-2004, 06:20 AM
Catscraddle they call it the Gulf Stream it comes up from the south along the coast line bringing the warm air while the cold air comes down from Hudson Bay. They call that the Buurrrr Streaam.####

Barbara
12-20-2004, 09:44 AM
Hey Jordan!

I was just talking with Tiffany Nelson. She's getting ready to go home for the Holidays, too. Her Family told her that the lack of snow is noooooo problem this year!!

Right now in Philly it's 11 degrees outside with a wind chill factor of -3! Brrrrrr!!

Barbara~~~bundling up!

wolfdancer
12-20-2004, 07:59 PM
Harold, Puerto Rico truly is beautiful....When I was in the Navy, we looked forward to "Operation Springboard" each Jan. Took us away from the Conn. winter cold...to the warmth of the Carribean. I'd like to go back there someday....

Harold Acosta
12-21-2004, 07:50 PM
I was stationed in Fort Lewis during the years that Mount St. Helen blew up in Oregon. Mount Rainer in Washington was a beautiful site to see every day. I miss those Army days. My former wife had family in Oregon and we would go there for the weekends. The Northwest was such a great place to live.

Who would have known that we are practically equi-distant of where we once were. We are definitely in a small world.