PDA

View Full Version : Started league last night...

rackmup
05-22-2002, 11:22 AM
Played my first night of league 8-ball since moving to Texas last night. We play 4 matches (4 man teams/play each team member one game.)

I won my first three matches rather easily then, during match 4, I'm down on the eight (my opponent has two ob's left on the table) and as I am lining up my shot, the guy takes his cue apart. Now you know and I know this is a concession of the match BUT LIKE THE DUMB ASS THAT I AM, I shoot anyway AND MISS!

The guy picks up a house cue and runs out for the win.

I'm not going to ask what I should have done. I KNOW what I should have done. I just felt if I got this off my chest, I would feel better. And I KNOW none of you will give me a hard time about being such a dipwad.

BTW- we won the overall by 9 balls.

Regards,

Ken

Rich R.
05-22-2002, 11:26 AM
Since you said you know better, Dipwad, we won't give you a hard time. Just don't let it happen again. LMAO. Rich R.

Doctor_D
05-22-2002, 11:29 AM
Good afternoon Pookie:

Following, under separate cover, you will receive my invoice for consultation / counseling time.

Dr. D.

05-22-2002, 11:40 AM

rackmup
05-22-2002, 01:59 PM
(thanks)

Kato
05-22-2002, 02:11 PM
I lost a game the same way at the end of league last year. I guy I wasn't playing said "don't worry, he could miss this". Should've stood up, took a pull on my beer, walked around the table 20 and buried it. Missed, lost, screwed up. I was a dipwad first, you should've learned from my mistakes.

Kato

Ralph S.
05-22-2002, 03:35 PM
Hey Rackmup, was you watching my not so instructional video before you played last night? LOL!
Ralph S.

Tom_In_Cincy
05-22-2002, 04:15 PM
"dipwad"
That's a new one to me.. and if what you did is the definition, then it fits..

We all have to learn.. and then put what we learn into practice.

Your turn to buy a round..

rackmup
05-22-2002, 05:44 PM
Go ahead and order the next round...I'll be there in a few.

Starting from: Mansfield, TX
Arriving at: Cincinnati, OH
Distance: 975.5 miles
Approximate Travel Time: 19 hours 47 mins

Where can I stay and where can we play?

Regards,

Ken

Tom_In_Cincy
05-22-2002, 06:29 PM
19 hours? what? are you hich-hicking all the way?

I'll meet ya in Memphis, and we can migrate north.. lots of bars and great pool rooms in the 500 miles to Cincy from Memphis.

Bring lots of cash.