PDA

View Full Version : Blackheart, Troy, Stickman, or .......

SpiderMan
12-17-2004, 09:46 AM
Last night I was handed my first Predator "z" shaft to re-tip. The ferrule material seems a little softer than the standard Predator.

Is it a different material, and have any of you re-tipped one? Is Duro gel a proper adhesive, or should I use epoxy?

SpiderMan

stickman
12-17-2004, 09:56 AM
Marty, I haven't done a "z" shaft as yet. I have good luck with Loctite Quick Tite super glue gel. I use it on everything so far, including the phenolic jump tips with great results. Sorry I can't report on the "z" shaft, but I'd be inclined to give it a try.

Chopstick
12-17-2004, 10:27 AM
Hang on, I'll go find out.

Chopstick
12-17-2004, 10:33 AM
I just talked to Neil Fujiwara at Predator and he said that is same material on both shafts. What ever glue you normally use will be fine. I've been using the Locktite glue like Stickman's talking about. I haven't had any problems.

SpiderMan
12-17-2004, 10:51 AM
Thanks for the quick response. I'd hate to have one of my customers' tips come off. With my luck, there would be a hundred witnesses, maybe news cameras.

SpiderMan

BLACKHEART
12-17-2004, 11:10 AM
/ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gifI've re-tiped several cheap Qs, that have those soft white ferrules & have used the Duro Gel, with no problems...JER

Troy
12-17-2004, 01:28 PM
I use either DuroŽ Gel or Loctite QuicktiteŽ Gel for all tips. Both are made by the same company.

Troy