PDA

View Full Version : Sneaky Pete

Jay
12-18-2004, 02:04 PM
I was wondering if anyone could suggest a cuemaker who makes a god knockaround pete. I had posted a thread on this before but I cant find the damn thing. Also I was wondering for those who know, in general, when a cuemaker makes a pete using a regular house cue, do they use the whole thing and just add a joint or do they just use the butt and make a new shaft? Thanks.

johnnyt
12-18-2004, 02:39 PM
Dufferin from Canada makes a good knock around one. Most cut house cue in half and put in joint.
Johnnyt

Rich R.
12-18-2004, 02:57 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Jay:</font><hr> I was wondering if anyone could suggest a cuemaker who makes a god knockaround pete. I had posted a thread on this before but I cant find the damn thing. Also I was wondering for those who know, in general, when a cuemaker makes a pete using a regular house cue, do they use the whole thing and just add a joint or do they just use the butt and make a new shaft? Thanks.
<hr /></blockquote>
You can knock around with any cue.
If you want a sneaky pete that plays well,
contact Bob Frey
Telephone: 410-747-7392
Address: 2013 Norhurst Way South
Baltimore, MD 21228

Bob used to work with Tim Scruggs and Tim still refers all sneaky pete orders to Bob Frey. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Rip
12-18-2004, 03:56 PM
Give Ned Morris a call after January 1. Great hitting SP at the right price. He's located in Desert Hot Springs, CA. Phone 760-329-3224.
Tell him Rip sent ya' and he'll charge you double! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif
Regards,
Rip

Barbara
12-19-2004, 08:48 AM
Bob also makes a kick-ass breaking cue with a 14mm shaft and a big pin for the joint screw. Very solid.

Barbara

Chopstick
12-19-2004, 09:12 AM
This is a question of pool history. Was there ever an original Pete and was he in fact sneaky?

PQQLK9
12-19-2004, 09:17 AM
I seem to remember when I was younger that there was a cheap wine that was referred to as "sneaky pete". Now I don't know if that was the actual name or just called that because it would sneak up on you. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif
That was the first time I ever heard that name.

Popcorn
12-19-2004, 09:23 AM
If the cue is $30.00 on ebay it will just be a jointed house cue. Better ones are made using the bottom half of a house cue as a blank and turning it to proper spects and then making a nice shaft for it. Many though are completely custom built with different exotic woods, sometimes with birds eye in the nose and so on. Those are the ones you see for hundreds of dollars.

Popcorn
12-19-2004, 09:28 AM
"This is a question of pool history. Was there ever an original Pete and was he in fact sneaky?"

I would say yes. The first time I saw that name used was in a line of cues made by Palmer for a Pete Margo. Each cue had a different name and one was called the 'Sneaky Pete". Before that I always heard them referred to as "Hustler cues" or just "Hustlers".

pooltchr
12-19-2004, 09:29 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote PQQLK9:</font><hr> I seem to remember when I was younger that there was a cheap wine that was referred to as "sneaky pete". Now I don't know if that was the actual name or just called that because it would sneak up on you. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif
That was the first time I ever heard that name.
<hr /></blockquote>

In my day, we called it either Boone's Farm or Ripple!!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

johnnyt
12-19-2004, 02:31 PM
in my day it was thunderbird wine. slogan was whats the price 60 twice.
Johnnyt

Chopstick
12-19-2004, 03:52 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Popcorn:</font><hr> quote
"This is a question of pool history. Was there ever an original Pete and was he in fact sneaky?"

I would say yes. The first time I saw that name used was in a line of cues made by Palmer for a Pete Margo. Each cue had a different name and one was called the 'Sneaky Pete". Before that I always heard them referred to as "Hustler cues" or just "Hustlers". <hr /></blockquote>

That's right. I used to play with Palmers back then. I remember those Pete Margo cues.

SPetty
12-19-2004, 06:45 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote pooltchr:</font><hr> In my day, we called it either Boone's Farm or Ripple!!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>Yummm!
http://www.lovotti.com/brochures/Images/Boones%20Farm%20Strawberry%20Hill.jpg

Rich R.
12-20-2004, 04:18 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote pooltchr:</font><hr>
In my day, we called it either Boone's Farm or Ripple!!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>
I remember them well. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Fred Agnir
12-20-2004, 10:36 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Jay:</font><hr> I was wondering if anyone could suggest a cuemaker who makes a god knockaround pete. I had posted a thread on this before but I cant find the damn thing. Also I was wondering for those who know, in general, when a cuemaker makes a pete using a regular house cue, do they use the whole thing and just add a joint or do they just use the butt and make a new shaft? Thanks.
<hr /></blockquote>My favorite SP's are from Huebler.

Fred

Fred Agnir
12-20-2004, 10:37 AM
<hr /></blockquote>My favorite SP's are from Huebler.

Fred

trailboss
12-21-2004, 11:05 AM
Hi Fred! I live about 10 minutes away from Huebler as the Crow flies. It takes about 45 minutes to get there from the bridge in Jeff and then to Linn. I assume you have an older "Golden Age" Huebler? They were great cues at the time!