PDA

View Full Version : Computer boards and clubs.

Popcorn
12-19-2004, 02:28 PM
Are there any computer boards that are comparable to this board? I have looked at a few and even posted but they seem to be more in to trying to "one-up" each other or put you down if you are a beginner. I'am thinking about joining a local computer club so I have access to information and can learn a little more about computers. Anyone a member of one of these types of clubs? I just don't want to join and look foolish among a bunch of people who talk in acronyms.

Chopstick
12-19-2004, 02:42 PM
In the old days we used to call them byte heads. Unfortunately the obsession with "I know more that you" extends even into the professional ranks. I assume that your interest would be in the Windows side. I do my best not to get involved with any windows issues. I am what you call a Unix bigot. I'll ask some of the windows wenies if they have any suggestions when I go back to the office.

SnakebyteXX
12-19-2004, 04:20 PM
You can find some half way decent Windows related forums here:

Annoyances.org (http://www.annoyances.org/)

eg8r
12-20-2004, 07:09 AM
I am a member of a couple software-type clubs in Central Florida and most are pretty open and inviting as long as you are open and honest up front. When I joined a ColdFusion group I was definitely green, so I stayed quiet and kept my ears open. Soaked up all I could and asked questions.

eg8r