PDA

View Full Version : Good Cue for under 65 bucks?

B_rad
12-19-2004, 06:02 PM
Hello everyone, this is my first post but I've been reading around here for a while.

Well anyway, does anyone know of a good cue I could get for under 65$ or so? I prefer somewhere around a 20 oz cue or so.

There's a slightly used Cuetec Sneaky Pete w/ a 13mm LePro tip that I have the chance to buy for about 40 bucks. Would this be my best bet at under 65$?

Thanks a lot for any replies!

pooltchr
12-19-2004, 06:28 PM
Look at Sterling or Players or Action...I would probably pass on the Cuetec...but that's just me.
Steve

DavidMorris
12-19-2004, 06:31 PM
For that price range I'm a big fan of Dufferin cues. Their Phantom sneaky pete is pretty highly regarded for a budget cue. I had one many years ago and lost it when I loaned it to an Army buddy who was going home for Christmas and he got killed in a car wreck -- never had the heart to ask his family for the cue back, and I never bothered to buy another.

Here's a selection of Dufferins:

http://www.fivestarbilliards.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=DufferinCue s

B_rad
12-19-2004, 09:37 PM
I don't think I'm going to go for the Cuetec. I've tried Dufferin cues before and I think they're pretty good, but I never knew that they fell in that price range. I thought they were closer to 100 (which some are). Thanks for the tips, and if anyone has any more they'd be greatly appreciated.

300Zhustler
12-19-2004, 10:07 PM
I would go with players its the best cue for that price.