PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning Table Cloth

Stretch
12-20-2004, 11:51 AM
Yeah! Got my Pool table disassebled and moved to it's new home. It won't be set up for awhile cause we're waiting for a beam so we can take a wall out and give us lots of room. In the mean time i've got this cloth and i was thinking of cleaning it. It's just like new, but full of dust and dog hair. So what would you recomend? Hand wash in the tub? What kind of soap? Air dry? Hot water or Cold? Or just leave it alone and vacuum and brush. St~~worried about shrinkage~~

Bob_Jewett
12-20-2004, 11:59 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Stretch:</font><hr> .. It's just like new, but full of dust and dog hair. So what would you recomend? <hr /></blockquote>
I think it's a bad idea to get it wet. You could have it dry cleaned. I'd just vacuum it very thoroughly from both sides.

JimS
12-20-2004, 12:21 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Bob_Jewett:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Stretch:</font><hr> .. It's just like new, but full of dust and dog hair. So what would you recomend? <hr /></blockquote>
I think it's a bad idea to get it wet. You could have it dry cleaned. I'd just vacuum it very thoroughly from both sides. <hr /></blockquote>

Echo what Bob says. Vac it both sides, hang it up and beat the hell out of it ( /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif ) or ???

If it were me I'd probably call/contact Simonis and ask about maybe using Woolite.

SPetty
12-20-2004, 12:57 PM
Hi Stretch,

So how did the disassembly go? Did you run into any unexpected problems? Or was it pretty much like you expected?

Stretch
12-20-2004, 02:54 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SPetty:</font><hr> Hi Stretch,

So how did the disassembly go? Did you run into any unexpected problems? Or was it pretty much like you expected? <hr /></blockquote>

Yep it went real smooth. As expected the only tedious part was removeing a million staples. But with one person prying them up and another following with some plyers it makes pretty short work. The rails were a snap, 3 rail bolts each. Then the cloth removal. The slate was screwed to the bed and those came out right slick and the slate beds lifted right out. The frameing was all bolted together so with both of us with sockets and rachets it didn't take long at all. Total time from start to finish, about am hour. St.

PS. Thanks to all with helpful hints, and i think i'll take the general concensus to NOT get the cloth wet. Just vacuum real good both sides. Thanks again all!! Another happy table owner /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

wolfdancer
12-20-2004, 08:12 PM
I noticed, nobody mentioned Quick Klean..
I've got 2 cans of the stuff, and I'm afraid to use it

dtomasi
12-21-2004, 04:02 AM
Hey Wolf,

I've used Quick Clean on my Simonis for the last 3 months. It works as advertised. I use it after each session. It's quick and easy to use, and the cloth looks almost brand new. As far as I know, nothing will remove the burn spots.

B0B_PERKINS
12-22-2004, 12:10 PM
Hey Stretch... the dry cleaning sounds like the way to go to me. That should avoid any possible damage to your cloth and probably put some new life into it. Dog hair??? Ya gotta buy that pet of yours a more appropriate bed... exactly how big is that dog anyway? /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif and after the dry cleaning get a decent quality cover for your table. ...Bob

As for the shrinkage... that's something probably best discussed with your family doctor /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

NBC-BOB
12-22-2004, 12:33 PM
I've seen some room owners,wash and vacuum there tables,but the cloth was on the table.If you know the manufacturer of the cloth why don't you contact them.