PDA

View Full Version : me also returning after a long journey

sack316
12-20-2004, 12:04 PM
hey all, just letting ya know I am finally back now. Just got my internet hooked back up today so I can check in regularly now. I'm working a few jobs now to pay my debts, working my program (hit 4 months last a few days ago), and considering how little a chance I get to practice, I am shooting better than I ever have. I hope all of my friends on here are doing well, and I look forward to being able to stay in contact with you all again now!

Steve Lipsky
12-20-2004, 12:29 PM
Congratulations Sack... you are going through a rough journey, but it sounds like you're motivated to do well. Keep up the good work, sir.

- Steve

PQQLK9
12-20-2004, 12:43 PM
Welcome back, I'm glad things are looking up.

Wally_in_Cincy
12-20-2004, 01:29 PM
Good to hear things are going well. Keep at it.

and hit 'em straight.

JimS
12-20-2004, 04:23 PM
Just concentrate on living by your principles today. It's amazing how the days add up!! It's been about 8,500 days since I had a drink and over 600 days since I had a cigarete! Amazing how they add up. I don't know what you are free from for 4 months but keep it up /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

sack316
12-20-2004, 11:25 PM
thanks Jim, and yeah it's alcohol that I am greatfully recovering from. That's awesome you've been sober that long and also kicked smoking too. That'll be my next thing, but probbaly a ways down the road. It's still weird for people to hear that on a Saturday night I'm chairing a meeting rather than getting torn up somewhere. It seems like a lifetime ago since I was down in that gutter, even though it has only been those 4 months now!
Oh, and I got a great compliment the other day. Some folks in league are saying now that i'm sober and getting my stroke back that I'll probably be the next 9 around here. I don't know about all that, but it sure did reinforce the fact that maybe I'm doing something right now. Take care all and have a good night

Rich R.
12-21-2004, 03:52 AM
Congratulations Sack. Keep up the good work.
It is a difficult thing to do, especially during this holiday season. Just stay the course. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Maybe we will be seeing you at the U.S. Open and the CCB tournament, this coming September. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif