PDA

View Full Version : an old question, but always curious

sack316
12-20-2004, 11:31 PM
I'm just curious on y'alls opinion on which SL ranking system is better between APA and BCA. I myslelf have only APA around here, so that's all I know. And yes the equalizer system for it is great on paper... but then again so is communism. And of course once folks figure out the system then it doens't become fair all the way around like it was designed to. But anyway, I know the ups and downs of the APA format, but I'm not familiar at all with the BCA beyond that it uses letter grades. Just curious about what some of your opinions are, especially those that may have played both. Thanks!
Sack

Deeman2
12-21-2004, 06:23 AM
I've played both and they each are o.k. Any system can be manipulated but I feel sandbaggers eventually pay for their sins with poorer overall games and lack of respect from others. I prefer non handicapped leagues but you need to be in larger cities to find them. Despite all the down sides to APA and BCA, they can be a lot of fun with the social atmosphere. You ever play Guido in Auburn. AL.? Good guy, very nice game.

Deeman

randyg
12-21-2004, 07:44 AM
The BCA does not have a national handicap system. They allow each individual league operator to use what works best for them.

I do know that the BCA is considering a national system for the future....randyg

I also prefer non-handicapped.

sack316
12-21-2004, 01:56 PM
nah, I've never played Guido. I think he may have been in Montgomery at the Breakroom a time or two thought, but I'm not sure. Thanks for your thoughts guys