PDA

View Full Version : Buddy Halls Stroke Trainer

bluey2king
12-21-2004, 02:09 PM
Hello;
I bought a BH stroke trainer for a couple of bucks. It did not have directions. OK I figure you poke your cue in the hole. *LOL* But is there some rythem or lesson to go along with it? How many times? Different positions?
I notice number on the platic base do these mean something?
Thanks
Bluey2King

stickman
12-21-2004, 02:26 PM
I used a small plastic bottle glued to a board. It really wasn't very effective. The one I got from Doug Carter really helped though. It's a little more expensive, but worth the price when you see the results. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
The Stroketrainer http://billiardsgamestroketrainer.com/

Chopstick
12-21-2004, 06:33 PM
I also have this device and I take lessons from Buddy. I haven't gotten around to asking him directly about it. He does demonstrate it's use on one of his videos. I think the jist of it is to take very slow strokes through the tube. You must not touch the sides of the tube at any time forward or backward. The different heights are for different bridge positions. I'm due to catch up with him again soon. I'll ask him for more detail.

scottycoyote
12-21-2004, 08:42 PM
i received the trainer recently when i bought 2 of buddys dvd's, heres the instructions
1. place cue guide in front of you (duh)
2. bridge up in front of guide
3. begin by stroking pool cue slowly 1/3 of the length of the guide, keeping cue as straight as possible, relax arm muscles as u stroke thru guide
4. continue to practice stroke until u are able to keep cue in center of guide. as u inprove, increase and lengthen ur stroke. by rotating the adjustable foot to one of the 4 diff corners, you can have 4 different angles in which to practice.

since i dont have a pool table at home, i will put it on my kitchen table and stroke it thru 50 to 100 times a day. RIght now im shooting the best pool of my life, cant say its the guide but i dont think its hurting