PDA

View Full Version : solo practice game suggestions?

05-22-2002, 06:28 PM
i would like to find a game that i can play solo that offers clear scoring and tracking. what are the most common? most importantly please include the rules with your post. i have never tried to play any of these..my drills were more specific shot focused. i read recently in a billiards magazine about a game much like 14.1 and offered the ability to track his progress. any info appreciated.
best regards,
^v^

Tom_In_Cincy
05-22-2002, 06:54 PM
FARGO pool, instructions at this site
http://www.playpool.com/rsbasp/Fargo/

and

The ultimate rating system for pocket billiards!
**Promoted by Allen Hopkins Productions**
1. Rack 15 balls on the foot spot, in any order, & place the cue ball on the head spot. Break the balls. If you miscue or miss the cue ball completely, it is a foul. Re-rack, break again & subtract 1 from your score. If you miscue & contact the rack, you may choose to continue shooting, leaving the balls where they lie & not take a foul. 2. If you scratch on the break, it is a minus 1, unless the cue ball goes off the table, then it is minus 2. After a scratch on the break, you may place the cue ball on either the head spot or the foot spot & shoot any ball on the table, or place the cue ball anywhere behind the head string & shoot any ball above the head string. On the break if you scratch or the cue ball goes off the table, all balls made on the break stay down & do not count as points. If you do not scratch on the break, then all balls made on the break count as 1 point each. 3. After the break & only after the break, if you do not have a shot or do not like the shot you have, you may choose 1 of 3 options. (A) Place the cue ball anywhere behind the head string & shoot any ball above the head string. (B) Place the cue ball on either the head spot or the foot spot & shoot any ball. (C) Place the rack over the cue ball (where it lies) & move the cue ball anywhere inside the rack & shoot any ball. All of the options noted above are a penalty & require minus 1. 4. After the break wether you made a ball or not, proceed to shoot, calling each shot. Try to run the table shooting the balls in any order until there are 5 balls remaining. If you do pocket 10 balls, then the last 5 balls must be shot in rotation (in numerical order starting with the lowest number ball). If you miss a shot, the rack is over. The first 10 balls score 1 point each & the last 5 balls score 2 points each. On each rack you can score a maximum of 20 points. 5. When there are 6 balls on the table & you pocket 2 or more balls in 1 shot, they all stay down & are each worth 1 point. Shoot the remaining balls in rotation in which each ball left is worth 2 points. 6. 10 racks comprise a session. In 1 session you can score a maximum of 200 points. The score from 10 sessions (100 racks) determines your official rating. The highest possible official rating is a perfect score of 2,000 points.
Once you have completed your 10 sessions, add up the 10 scores & see the chart below to find out your level of play. Contact your local pool room owner for info. on how to recieve a membership card which will make that level official. Or contact Allen Hopkins Prod. To find out where the closest Q-SKILL room participant is in your area.
Q-Skill levels of play
Touring Pro...........2000-1801
Pro...................1800-1601
Semi Pro..............1600-1201
Developing Pro........1200-901
Advanced Player.......900-601
Intermediate Player...600-301
Recreational Player...300-0

Score sheet is on this web site.. with instruction that can be printed.
http://www.nmt.edu/~billiard/qskills_scorecard.html

A similar skill test is used for on-line tournaments: http://www.playpool.com/asp/

05-23-2002, 10:53 PM
thanks for the quick reply..i'm about to walk accross the street and try out this particular system. i do hope though that someone will post the most common one..the one reffered to in Billiards magazine two months ago(one of the contributing writers is new to billiards..a twenty something guy..this is where i got the referaance from ..if only i could find the magazine to clarify).
thanks Tom in Cincy,
^v^