PDA

View Full Version : Snow in Hamiltucky

Wally_in_Cincy
12-22-2004, 11:00 AM
We're getting hammered. 4 inches on the ground and another possible foot on the way.

I can make it home just fine though in my pick-em-up truck. Hopefully Kathy can get a ride or I'll have to go get her.

Is this stuff headed for PA?

White Christmas? Be careful what you wish for. Thank goodness I did my shopping yesterday. There's gonna be a lot of last-minute gift-buying husbands in trouble.

Barbara
12-22-2004, 11:10 AM
Oooooo!!! I hope it comes East! I hope it comes East!

Barbara

Wally_in_Cincy
12-22-2004, 11:37 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Barbara:</font><hr> Oooooo!!! I hope it comes East! I hope it comes East!

Barbara <hr /></blockquote>

weather dot-com tells me it is going to head Northeast and barely miss you

Barbara
12-22-2004, 11:39 AM
Yeah, and it's going to be too warm to snow, too. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Barbara

SPetty
12-22-2004, 12:19 PM
It's snowing down here as well. /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

We're fixing to have over 48 hours straight below freezing! Brrrr! I can't wait 'til it heads back north where it belongs!

Tom_In_Cincy
12-22-2004, 12:38 PM
Sunny and in the 60s (brrrrr) today.. I'll just have to tough it out.. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

White X-Mas... I remember those, vaguely

Deeman2
12-22-2004, 01:09 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SPetty:</font><hr> It's snowing down here as well. /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

We're fixing to have over 48 hours straight below freezing! Brrrr! I can't wait 'til it heads back north where it belongs!
<hr /></blockquote>

<font color="blue"> SPetty,

It was 70 here yesterday. This morning, Tori's horse was standing around shivering. Send it to Barbara.....

Deeman </font color>

9 Ball Girl
12-22-2004, 01:14 PM
Ugh! I hope it doesn't come here. I absolutely hate snow. Always had and always will. Yucky!

PQQLK9
12-22-2004, 01:28 PM
Sounds like it's a good time for indoor sports. (pool that is) /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

dg-in-centralpa
12-22-2004, 03:27 PM
I hope we don't get any snow. Nothing in the forecast. YEAH!!!

DG - 90 miles west of Barbara

SnakebyteXX
12-22-2004, 04:32 PM
At this moment it's a balmy seventy degrees in the shade on my small slice of the Left Coast. The windows in my home are open and I'm wearing a t-shirt and jeans to keep the cold at bay.

Outside the grass is green and growing - the sky is blue and cloudless - not a snowflake in sight. In fact it's been over ten years since it snowed here and it may be another ten before it snows again. Sometimes, for about a nanosecond, I miss it.

A Merry Christmas to you all you snow bound and insipiently snow bound folks from those of us who by dent of geography are forced to do without.

Snake

Ps. In fact - Merry Christmas and a Happy Hanukah to all - regardless of your snow affiliation.

Kato
12-24-2004, 11:34 PM
Last couple of days it's been in the 70's and 80's here. I'm going to go open the windows before I lumber off to bed. I think it's like 65 or something now /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

R.J.

Wally_in_Cincy
12-27-2004, 07:21 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr> We're getting hammered. 4 inches on the ground and another possible foot on the way.

I can make it home just fine though in my pick-em-up truck. Hopefully Kathy can get a ride or I'll have to go get her.

Is this stuff headed for PA?

White Christmas? Be careful what you wish for. Thank goodness I did my shopping yesterday. There's gonna be a lot of last-minute gift-buying husbands in trouble. <hr /></blockquote>

We ended up getting 16 inches. I shoveled 6 inches when I got home Wednesday. Thursday I shoveled almost all day. One hour on, one hour off.

We had a Level 3 snow emergency which means the roads are closed and you travell at the risk of arrest. They lifted it at 3 pm Thursday and a snowplow came down the street at 5 pm. (Somebody on my street must know the mayor or something and made a call. They did not plow it at all last year but it only snowed 6 inches last year)

There are still many side streets in Hamiltucky that have not been plowed. Not in the budget. Such is the life in an aging industrial city.

Some parts of IN got 2 feet.

Tom_In_Cincy
12-27-2004, 09:40 AM
Wally,

And from what I can tell from the weather reports, you are in your 5th day of 20 degree temperatures.

Stay warm...

Wally_in_Cincy
12-27-2004, 10:02 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Tom_In_Cincy:</font><hr> Wally,

And from what I can tell from the weather reports, you are in your 5th day of 20 degree temperatures.

Stay warm... <hr /></blockquote>

10 degrees this morning

5 degrees yesterday morning

-11 Christmas morning.

I bet you wish you were here, knowing your fondness of icy sidewalks /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Wally_in_Cincy
12-27-2004, 10:13 AM
Thousands of folks at Cincy airport must think they are in that movie "Terminal"

They ran out of de-icing fluid Thursday night. The trucks bringing more fluid were stuck on the Interstate and did not get there til late Friday I think.

Then Comair had a total computer meltdown and cancelled all flights Saturday. They won't be fully operational until Wednesday.

People have been there for days.

It's a horrible mess. There are so many bags in the terminal there is just a path to walk thru them.

Welcome to Cincinnati /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Chopstick
12-27-2004, 12:30 PM
Can somebody explain that global warming thing to me again. I'm just not getting it.

ChopStick &lt;~~~can't believe people live up north on purpose.

Barbara
12-27-2004, 01:11 PM
Chopstick,

It's like this.

Right now we have a global warming trend happening. The temps have gone up and this is causing huge ice caps to break up and float towards the warm waters. Then the ice caps are going to melt and cool off the warm waters and in about the year 2500 we'll be in the middle of an ice age.

Or, at least, the people who will be living at that time.

Provided the people living in between us and them haven't blown up the world.

Barbara

Chopstick
12-27-2004, 01:26 PM
Ahh. Now I get it.

Earth First!! We'll destroy the rest of the planets later. /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif