PDA

View Full Version : DEEMAN's TORMENT

SpiderMan
12-22-2004, 06:39 PM
Or, How I'll Spend My Christmas Vacation .....

Coming right at you:

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/funkychateau/detail?.dir=9e1d&.dnm=1d3b.jpg&.src=ph

SpiderMan

Barbara
12-23-2004, 08:39 AM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

For our office Christmas party I made pulled pork in the crock pot. I put it on last night at 10 pm. I woke up at around 5 am and couldn't get back to sleep because of the smell! Man!

Barbara

Deeman2
12-23-2004, 09:50 AM
Spiderman,

You are a heartless dog!!!! How could you, knowing I'll be stuck in Texas where they have about as much an idea of what barbeque is as Floridians know how to vote properly.

Will you be driving? You know, Longview is not that far out of the way that you couldn't drop off a couple of pounds on your way back I mean, the stuff freezes real well. If you are flying, I could get you schedule, you could jimmie open the hatch door and drop it as you go overhead. I still have my Tiger High first baseman's mit!

Say "hello" to Coleman's, Loeb's, Gridley's and Rondivous, and tell them, tell them, I miss them.... /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Deeman
will torture Spiderman in my own good time... /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Tom_In_Cincy
12-23-2004, 11:21 AM
Marty,

That is CRUEL, very CRUEL....

But, I just got 4 HUGE slabs of ribs from the Rendezvous.

My all time favorite (Loebs and Colemans are great) is
http://www.leonardsbbqdowntown.com/leonard_logo_color.gif

Tom_In_Cincy
12-23-2004, 11:25 AM
Barbara,

Great... pulled pork in a Crock Pot... I love it..

MC&HNY

Deeman2
12-23-2004, 12:09 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Tom_In_Cincy:</font><hr> Barbara,

Great... pulled pork in a Crock Pot... I love it..

MC&amp;HNY <hr /></blockquote> <font color="blue">

Tom,

My dog will not even eat the barbeque out here and he will eat anything. I can taste those four slabs now...UMMMMM.

Deeman </font color>

SpiderMan
12-23-2004, 01:32 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Deeman2:</font><hr> My dog will not even eat the barbeque out here and he will eat anything. I can taste those four slabs now...UMMMMM.

Deeman <hr /></blockquote>

Back home, you can't even CALL it BBQ unless it involves a chicken or a pig .....

Here in Texas, they slice up roast beef and feed it to you with smoky sauce, call it BBQ. Sick, really sick.

SpiderMan

SpiderMan
12-23-2004, 01:35 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Deeman2:</font><hr> Spiderman,

Say "hello" to Coleman's, Loeb's, Gridley's and Rondivous, and tell them, tell them, I miss them.... /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Deeman
will torture Spiderman in my own good time... /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Don't forget about the grandpappy of them all, Leonard's. Though I did think that their BBQ pizza was a litle on the nasty side.

Prince Mongo had the best pizza, "The Zambodian".

SpiderMan

Barbara
12-23-2004, 01:37 PM
Tom,

After slow cooking for 10 hours, the pork literally shreds itself!! I used boneless pork shoulder this time and it was awesome! It was a fave at the office party. Five pounds gone in one hour.

Barbara

Tom_In_Cincy
12-23-2004, 01:46 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SpiderMan:</font><hr>Spiderman,

Don't forget about the grandpappy of them all, Leonard's. Though I did think that their BBQ pizza was a litle on the nasty side.

<hr /></blockquote>

Colettas Italian resturant had the best BBQ pizza I ever had.

Deeman2
12-23-2004, 03:09 PM
<hr /></blockquote>

Colettas Italian resturant had the best BBQ pizza I ever had. <hr /></blockquote>

<font color="blue">They still do....

Deeman </font color>

SpiderMan
12-23-2004, 03:28 PM
I went to HS with Jerry Colletta, he was a few years older, though.

SpiderMan

Chopstick
12-24-2004, 07:34 AM
May the Bird of Paradise fly up your nose, you sadistic riddle plick!

ras314
12-24-2004, 02:05 PM
Fast food barbque? I always thought you had to do the whole pig at the time, preferably by cooking the oinker over a hole in the ground full of hickory coals for a day or two. Learned that in South Alabama as a young'n.

nhp
12-25-2004, 11:45 AM
Out here in Southern California there are a couple hole-in-the-wall bbq places that are pretty good, although I'm sure I've never tried REAL bbq like you guys are talking about.

My favorite place to eat around here is this deli called 'Italia', owned by a family from Sicily. The sandwiches and everything else there are incredibly delicious. They have these marinated mushrooms....mmmmmm now that is good stuff.

onepocketfanatic
12-26-2004, 08:01 PM
I don't know what things are like in that part of Texas Deeman2, but they aren't like that here in the south (though there are some pretty pitiful places that call themselves Bar-B-Q restaurants)! Cook your own. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Insturctions as follows:
Buy a good smoker (like Brinkman)
Buy 3 racks of pork ribs (I prefer baby backs)
Buy large can of "Tony Chacherees Seaoning"
Buy brown sugar.
Buy charcoal, and wood for smoking.
Apply Tony's and Brown sugar VERY liberally on both sides of ribs (no need to marinate)(Don't be shy with the brown sugar)
Put 10 lbs. of charcoal in Brinkman, apply starter fluid, and fill water pan with water all the way.
Light fire and when coals are good (about half of them are white), put ribs on cooking racks.
Smoke 4 hours (putting wood in through the door as needed) and above all don't open the top and peek! Keep the temperature gauge in the middle to top half of the "ideal" area (which may require opening the door and stirring coals slightly)
After 4 hours open top, take off ribs, and try not to eat all 3 racks in one sitting!
I do agree though most Bar-B-Q places are pretty lame. Best ribs I ever ate were in Colorado at a place called "Texas Reds". My son and I ate 2 and 1/2 racks after snow skiing all day! Red had it together!

Deeman2
12-27-2004, 07:41 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote onepocketfanatic:</font><hr> I don't know what things are like in that part of Texas Deeman2, <font color="blue"> Sad,Longview has never seen good barbeque... </font color> but they aren't like that here in the south <font color="blue"> Where, exactly, are you? It might be worth the trip for a good sandwich. </font color> (though there are some pretty pitiful places that call themselves Bar-B-Q restaurants)! Cook your own. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif <font color="blue"> I do, on occasion but just like to stop by a nice place for a good sandwich every once in a while. </font color>
Insturctions as follows:
Buy a good smoker (like Brinkman)
Buy 3 racks of pork ribs (I prefer baby backs) <font color="blue"> Me too. </font color>
Buy large can of "Tony Chacherees Seaoning"
Buy brown sugar.
Buy charcoal, and wood for smoking.
Apply Tony's and Brown sugar VERY liberally on both sides of ribs (no need to marinate)(Don't be shy with the brown sugar)
Put 10 lbs. of charcoal in Brinkman, apply starter fluid, and fill water pan with water all the way.
Light fire and when coals are good (about half of them are white), put ribs on cooking racks.
Smoke 4 hours (putting wood in through the door as needed) and above all don't open the top and peek! Keep the temperature gauge in the middle to top half of the "ideal" area (which may require opening the door and stirring coals slightly)
After 4 hours open top, take off ribs, and try not to eat all 3 racks in one sitting!
I do agree though most Bar-B-Q places are pretty lame. Best ribs I ever ate were in Colorado at a place called "Texas Reds". My son and I ate 2 and 1/2 racks after snow skiing all day! Red had it together!

<font color="blue"> Let's get together for ribs and one pocket!

Deeman </font color>

<hr /></blockquote>