PDA

View Full Version : Air Jordans cause near riot at Dick's, police say

PQQLK9
12-23-2004, 04:43 AM
http://www.wcnc.com/news/topstories/stories/D_IMAGE.100c6c60ffc.93.88.fa.7c.34e61e40.jpg
Police said hundreds of people were waiting outside the store to buy the latest Air Jordans for $150 a pair.

Air Jordans cause near riot at Dick's, police say

11:49 AM EST on Wednesday, December 22, 2004

By 6NEWS staff

Corporate officers of Dick’s Sporting Goods are reviewing their security policies after a crowd of people tried to force open the doors at their University area location Tuesday night.

Police said hundreds of people were waiting outside the store to buy the latest Air Jordans for $150 a pair.

Police said hundreds of people were waiting outside the store for their midnight madness sale to buy the latest Air Jordans for $150 a pair.

They said shortly after 11 p.m. the crowd became rowdy, causing a near riot.

People started prying open the locked doors and once they broke them, the crowd rushed into the store.

Extra police were called to the scene. One store employee was slightly injured.

On Wednesday many Jordan fans were still searching for the shoes.

One teen said he expected chaos with the release.

“I wasn’t shocked. I knew it was going to happen,” said the Michael Jordan fan. “Cause things seem to happen every time his shoes come out …”

No one at the store is commenting on the incident, but the Dick’s Sporting Goods store corporate office out of Pittsburgh did talk. They said this was an isolated incident and they have never had anything like this happen before.

They said they will not change their midnight sales or security procedures.

They said they will re-think adjusting security for this particular store when they have another midnight sale.
http://www.wcnc.com/news/topstories/stories/wcnc-122204-ds-dickscustomersoutside.345950b0.html

Rich R.
12-23-2004, 07:32 AM
Hmmmmm, wait in line, start a riot, break into a store, all for the privilege of paying $150 for an ugly pair of shoes. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

I guess I'm getting too old. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

landshark77
12-23-2004, 07:51 AM
Michael Jordan is still THAT popular? /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif