PDA

View Full Version : Scott Lee goes the extra mile

Keith Talent
12-23-2004, 06:37 PM
Just wanted to say a public thanks to Scott for making a 3-hour journey down from the frozen hills of Vermont to meet me more than halfway for a lesson Tuesday in Albany. I was coming up from the Catskills, where I've been holed up for the week, and cb1950's home room, the Golden Cue, seemed to be the logical place. And they were totally accomodating.

And it was good to get a chance to say howdy to Mike again, though unfortunately there really was no time for hanging out, what with everybody having places to go and people to meet afterward ...
Definitely an enjoyable and well-spent 4 hours with you, Scott, and I'm looking forward, when I get to a table again next week, to working on those couple of gremlins in my stroke.

Perhaps I'll be shooting a tad straighter when you get to New York in March. See ya, and thanks much!

Popcorn
12-24-2004, 08:49 AM
It sounds like he goes a lot of extra miles. Hard to believe he enjoys doing this, it must get old after a while. (No offense Scott).

Stretch
12-24-2004, 10:55 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Popcorn:</font><hr> It sounds like he goes a lot of extra miles. Hard to believe he enjoys doing this, it must get old after a while. (No offense Scott). <hr /></blockquote>

You sure got da be a people person. It's the constant traveling that would get me. I love my routine too much /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif St.~~destiny is not by chance, it's by choice~~

Chris Cass
12-24-2004, 01:52 PM
Hi Popcorn,

I know it's his job and he does quite well financially for it but I too think it gets old too for him. I will say in his defense. He did get a new car and he likes driving it. lol It's smooth too. Before I knew it I got a 87 in a 65 and I paid through the nose for it too. I swear it felt like 60.

Regards,

C.C.~~thinks Scott should join Randy' school and stay in one place and sell the tour. He's worked it enough. That's just me though and he knows what he wants to do. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Scott Lee
12-24-2004, 05:46 PM
Popcorn...Teaching pool is what I love most in the world. Sure I really enjoy playing, but it is VERY rewarding personally, to see the light go on for someone who has been struggling to get better at something they love too.
Aside from Randy and myself, there are very few qualified teachers who travel around much. As far as I know, I am the only BCA instructor who will come to your home, your pool room, your private club, or anywhere else you want a lesson...no matter where you live.

As others have said, I go out of my way to try to get to whoever wants to work with me. I did not need to travel 3 hours (each way), on my Christmas vacation time with my family, to do a lesson with Keith. However, he and I had communicated before, and the relationship we had already, justified the extra travel for me. He was a great student, and will benefit from having the videotape to review (several times). It was also a chance for me to meet cueball1950, and Mike is a great guy. I just wish I would have had more time to spend at the Golden Cue. The equipment is great, and the owner, Rocco Spinelli, is as nice a guy as you'll meet! I was hoping to meet XXXX Leonard too, but he wasn't able to come by. Next time!

Scott Lee

Scott Lee
12-24-2004, 05:47 PM
I enjoyed the chance to work with you too! I look forward to seeing you when I get to New York City!

Scott

Popcorn
12-24-2004, 06:00 PM
I think it was Thomas Edison who when asked how he could work so many hours all his life answered, "It ceases to be work when you are blessed to be doing something you would gladly do for nothing, and that has turned out to be a good thing, since that was often the case." You are a lucky man Scott, when what you love to do and your job turn out to be the same thing.