PDA

View Full Version : Meucci Olympian - I've lost my senses...

Malice
12-23-2004, 11:12 PM
And just bought one. I used to have an Oly about 10 years ago, and maybe I'm just feeling nostalgic. I've always disliked the way Meuccis hit, and consider most every cue they make today coyote-ugly. But this one's design I really like.

http://www.budgetcues.com/meucci-pool-cue-97-31b.htm

It might be converted into a cue that's actually playable if I get a Mike Erwin shaft with a 12" taper.

Anyone else buy a cue you know you're going to regret even as you are purchasing it?

Jimmy B
12-24-2004, 02:42 AM
I almost know the feeling, I think some of the Meucci designs are the most innovative out there (TW or ER don't count)I happen to love the Tomahawk design and you rarely see them for sale anywhere, there is a bit of a collectability when it comes to some rare Meucci designs. I also agree I doubt I could play with one long term.

JB

tateuts
12-26-2004, 11:05 PM
Congratulations on your cue. Your Olympian is a classic. It's obviously something you missed and wanted to replace. Meucci's play fine. They are unique and consistent. I have a nice collection going and I really like most of their cues. You are not alone.

Chris