PDA

View Full Version : Florida Spirit Tour

johnnyt
12-24-2004, 08:27 PM
Is it just that I am in Fl.and follow it more than the others or do more players make the WPBA from this regional tour than any of the others?
Johnnyt

jjinfla
12-25-2004, 08:47 AM
it is a pretty good tour but probably does not have the all around depth of good players that are found up north. Just my guess. All the top players qualify and then leave and go play in the WPBA. I see Helene Caulkin is doing quite well lately.

Jake

Jake

johnnyt
12-25-2004, 12:07 PM
On the Women's FL. Spirit Tour here are some that have done well over the past year.
Ga-Young Kim
Sarah Ellerby
Jeannie Seaver
Tracie Hines
Ming Ng
Myuki Sakai
Helen Chaukin
I'm sure i've missed a few more.
Johnnyt

johnnyt
12-26-2004, 07:00 AM
Any other tours around the nation that have seen their top players compete well in the WPBA in the last 2 years.
Johnnyt

pooltchr
12-26-2004, 08:53 AM
I bleieve JPNEWT has a pretty good record in that area.

Barbara
12-26-2004, 08:58 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote pooltchr:</font><hr> I bleieve JPNEWT has a pretty good record in that area. <hr /></blockquote>

Thanks for the compliment, Steve!

Let's see...

Candi Rego, Romana Dokovic, Karen Corr, Julie Kelly, Megan Minerich, Kim Shaw, Nicole Mancini, Jennifer Barretta, Gail Grecar, and soon-to-be Touring Pros Liz Schwartzreich and Carol Clark.

Barbara

johnnyt
12-26-2004, 12:52 PM
Wow that is quite a whose who in WPBA from JPNEWT.
Shut me right up lol.
Johnnyt

Barbara
12-26-2004, 02:19 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote johnnyt:</font><hr>Shut me right up lol.
Johnnyt <hr /></blockquote>

Johnny,

In all fairness I think this tour attracts a lot of serious players because we offer at least 8 events per year within a 200 mile radius. Doesn't the Spirit Tour cover just about ALL of Florida? That's a lot of mileage and traveling! And I have to give two thumbs up for ALL of the other tours that cover state like Minnesota, California, Texas, and the Northwest corner of the US!!

Barbara

johnnyt
12-26-2004, 05:14 PM
Yes the Spirit Tour does cover all of Florida.I see your point and agree.
Johnnyt

johnnyt
12-26-2004, 10:01 PM
Another one on the JPNEWT is Julie Kelly. I say she will be in top 10 on WPBA points list at the end of 2005.
Johnnyt

pooltchr
12-27-2004, 07:14 AM
I believe Kelly Fisher and Val Finney made it to a couple of their events as well. Kelly will be challenging Karen and Allison within a year for the top spots.
That's my prediction and I'm stickin' to it! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Steve

johnnyt
12-27-2004, 09:38 AM
I meant Kelly Fisher not Julie Kelly. I have to stay off this computer when I have no sleep.
Johnnyt

jjinfla
12-30-2004, 04:14 PM
Johnnyt,

You can get more info at the spiritour website.

ladiespiritour.com

spirit tour (http://ladiespiritour.com)

Jake