PDA

View Full Version : CCB Tournament, Family and Key West

Voodoo Daddy
05-23-2002, 02:35 AM
Having a hard time saying this but I'm just gonna say it. I wont be going to Va for the US Open or the CCB tournament. One of my family members has cancer {momma mia} and I really cant make plans far in advance. The same week of the US Open is my B-day and is the Key West Poker Run for us Harley guys and girls...so I have a delema. Well I know Kato will do me proud, just wish things were different. Thanks for lettin' me babble...

Voodoo...wants all ladies posters to get a mamogram {sp}...please

Rich R.
05-23-2002, 03:58 AM
I'm sorry I won't get to meet you Voodoo, I was looking forward to it. I'm sure you will be there in spirit.
Best of luck to your family member and I hope everything goes well. Take care of yourself also.
In addition to the lady posters, all the male posters should also urge their significant others to get a mamogram.
It could be a case of life and death.
Rich R.

CarolNYC
05-23-2002, 04:21 AM
Voodoo Daddy-Your family member is in my prayers,happy birthday and ride with the wind!
love,
Carol~nothing you say is babble!Babble on!

Doctor_D
05-23-2002, 04:31 AM
Good morning:

My heart and prayers go out to you and your entire family. Take care of your family, they are your priority in life, and keep us posted. Additionally, we are here for you if and when you need us.

Dr. D.

Kato
05-23-2002, 07:52 AM
Steve, please give my best to your Mom and Pop. I know I haven't met them but you've told me plenty of stories. I know first hand how much you love your family and I feel some of your pain. I'll say a prayer. Please call me when you get a second. I left a message but I'm not sure if you're home or not.

R.J.~~~love ya man and I'll be here when you need me.

Not true about not meeting your Pop, cool guy.

Wally_in_Cincy
05-23-2002, 09:40 AM
I'll say a prayer for your mom. I don't know how far along the cancer is but if it's any consolation, my mom had breast cancer in 1982 and is still going strong.

When you get to Key West drink a beer and play a game of pool at Captain Tony's for me.

Chris Cass
05-23-2002, 09:48 AM
Hi Voodoo,

My thoughts and prayers are with you. I know first hand of the pain you must feel and the suffering you'll see. I saw it in my wife for the past yr. If you need, I'll be there too.

My Best Steve,

C.C.

05-23-2002, 10:28 AM
VooDoo, I think I speak for all of us when I say, If you need help, just call. We'll be there. Many prayers for you and your family. Lorri

JimS
05-23-2002, 10:58 AM
My wife is a cancer survivor Steve. I know the fears, the dread, the uncertainty. Hang tight. Believe in miracles. Miracles DO happen. Choose to BELIEVE!!

rackmup
05-23-2002, 12:45 PM
VooDoo,

Sorry to hear about your Mom. You'll be in our prayers.

Regards,

Ken

Tom_In_Cincy
05-23-2002, 02:44 PM
Voodoo Daddy,
We will all miss you and understand your reasonings.

Thinking of you and your mom..

Jay M
05-23-2002, 04:35 PM
Steve,
I wish I had something classy and inspirational to say, but I'm at a complete loss for words that can properly express my sympathy with your situation. Know that you have all of my best wishes and those of the shooters that know you from CM's.

Jay M

Barbara
05-23-2002, 05:02 PM
Voodoo,

I haven't had time to read the posts to you, but I just want to offer you a shoulder to lean on and give you some positive vibes that there are "Breast Cancer Survivors"!

Hang in there Big Guy...

Barbara~~~someone who had an anomaly and has to go every 4 months...

Ralph S.
05-23-2002, 09:35 PM
Hi Voodoo, I'll remember you and your mother in my prayers. Always believe, miracles happen in the rest of life just as they do pool. Best wishes and my prayers and thoughts are extended.
Ralph S.

05-23-2002, 11:13 PM
Hey Voodoo...

NY to Miami: 2 1/2 hours. Piece of cake. Anything I can do, just say the word.

Your friend,

Fran

Karatemom
05-24-2002, 06:49 AM
You're in all of our thoughts. Been there and know that you have to make sure she has everything she wants and needs. Take care of yourself as well.

Heide

Eric.
05-24-2002, 07:22 AM
Hang in there ,pal. Like they say, "One day at a time". On the flip side, maybe I'll run into ya at Biketoberfest?

E

05-24-2002, 09:30 PM
An afterthought, but no less important... Thank you for thinking of the ladies of the CCB and urging mamograms at a time when you have every right to be self-absorbed. What a large and caring heart you have VooDoo.
Lorri

Rod
05-28-2002, 04:16 AM
Steve my thoughts are with you your Mother and family. I wish the best for all of you. I have been there, and know how stressful it can be. Life gives us a wake up call at times and it's just another way of building character. Certantly not the way you would like but it does anyway.
Ever chance you get, give her support and tell her how much you love her. Sorry if I got to personal but it is an area of life that I have dwelled on to this day. I never felt that I said those three magic words often enough. My prayers are with you.