PDA

View Full Version : Best/Worst Gift You Got

dg-in-centralpa
12-25-2004, 04:45 PM
What is the best/worst gift you got? I got a 2 1/2 pound can of cashews, 6 pound jar of peanut butter, book on deciphering the Da Vinci code. These are good things. I gave wifey a gift certificate for a one hour massage. Best thing she got. Tomorrow two of wifey's sisters and nieces are coming to visit - more gifts. Later in the day we exchange with some close friends. Probably lots of micro brew beer and wine.

DG - lots to eat and not enough time /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

pooltchr
12-26-2004, 05:25 AM
The best thing was a wireless system so all the computers in the house including my laptop are now internet capable.

I didn't get the worst thing, but my step-son's little boy got a furry hat with a chicken head on it that squawks and flaps it's wings when you push a button on it!!!!!!!

dg-in-centralpa
12-26-2004, 06:21 AM
The hat sounds like it would make a great gag gift! Years ago when I worked construction, several of the guys got the bosses kids firemen hats, complete with revolving red light on top and fire sirens. They loved it and everytime someone came to the door, they turned these things on. Funny... of course they had a little too much to drink and got even sillier as the day went on.

DG

Rich R.
12-26-2004, 06:26 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote pooltchr:</font><hr> I didn't get the worst thing, but my step-son's little boy got a furry hat with a chicken head on it that squawks and flaps it's wings when you push a button on it!!!!!!! <hr /></blockquote>
And why would YOU ever give a kid, something like that? /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Barbara
12-26-2004, 08:24 AM
Well Duane, my hubby turned two more bowls for me - one out of amboyna burl and the other from a block of chinkapin oak I got off eBay a year ago. They're both stunning and one of these days I'll take pics of them to post. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

On the "What the heck were you thinking" side, I got a contraption that dries out beef and fruits. For whatever reason, my hubby thought I needed to make jerky and dried fruit. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Barbara

Stretch
12-26-2004, 09:10 AM
Best Gift- The better half with tear filled eyes excepted my proposal of marriage, she now wares my ring and is overjoyed. Oh, what a christmas eve it was!

Worst gift- There was nothing in that catagory. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Barbara
12-26-2004, 09:17 AM
Hey Stretch!!

Congrats to you both!!

Pete proposed to me just before Christmas, too! And in front of his whole family!!

So when's the date?

Barbara

dg-in-centralpa
12-26-2004, 09:24 AM
Congratulations Stretch! Are you going to get married by a pool table? When I got married, we had a corvette wedding. I belonged to a club and everyone brought their cars or whatever hot rod they had and a procession to the reception hall. One guy had a built up '57 Chevy, we had a '63 corvette, '65 vette, my '60 vette and had a blast. We video taped the whole thing.

DG

Stretch
12-26-2004, 10:18 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Barbara:</font><hr> Hey Stretch!!

Congrats to you both!!

Pete proposed to me just before Christmas, too! And in front of his whole family!!

So when's the date?

Barbara <hr /></blockquote>

Christmas must be a popular time of year LOL. As for the date, we havn't set a firm date yet, but we both agree that getting a drive through wedding in Vegas would be a blast. Honeymoon there for a few days then come home for a big ol' party with family and friends. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif St.

PS What Pool related happenings are in Vegas now that the BCA has moved to Reno? That would be like double the fun! St.

9 Ball Girl
12-26-2004, 11:22 AM
Best - Nothing

Worst - Nothing

dg-in-centralpa
12-26-2004, 12:16 PM
Wendy - does that mean there was nothing special that stood out above the rest or did you get everything on your list?

DG - never gives out a list, just got a pound of unshelled pecans which I'm not fond of but get every year anyway. Next round coming shortly

SPetty
12-26-2004, 03:17 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Stretch:</font><hr> PS What Pool related happenings are in Vegas now that the BCA has moved to Reno? That would be like double the fun! St. <hr /></blockquote>You are mistaken. BCA is still in Vegas. The anti-BCA group, ACS, is in Reno.

SPetty
12-26-2004, 06:04 PM
Best: I gotta get all mushy and say spending two days with my parents was nice, even though my dad can be "difficult"...

Worst: What the hell was my sister thinking???
http://www.simpsonscollectors.com/images/releases/PoolGame_tf2003.jpg

SPetty ~~~ entertaining offers...

dg-in-centralpa
12-26-2004, 06:36 PM
Is this going to take over at the SPetty Pool Tournament?
I'll give you $5 for it. I think it's great!
dg

dg-in-centralpa
12-26-2004, 06:50 PM
Mrs. DG - The best was a gift cert for a 1 hour body massage (no - not by DG).
The worst - a candle that was re-gifted - the wick was black and the wax has been melted around the wick. Oh-hey I got another bad candle - this one looked good, like a cinnamon roll but sputtered and spat and didn't make much of a fragrance.
Another best - Skittles - anyone remember that? You have a wooden top that you wrap a string around and you make it spin and try to knock down pins (some are in small rooms at the far end of the "field").
Mrs. DG wishing I had all of this week off, too.

Stretch
12-26-2004, 07:13 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SPetty:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Stretch:</font><hr> PS What Pool related happenings are in Vegas now that the BCA has moved to Reno? That would be like double the fun! St. <hr /></blockquote>You are mistaken. BCA is still in Vegas. The anti-BCA group, ACS, is in Reno.
<hr /></blockquote>

Awsome! I've been mistaken! The ACS took over up here so all the guys that were BCA are now going to Reno. That's why the confusion i guess. Soooooo Vegas in May? Hmmmmmm....Let me run a swab on that. lol St.~~Weddings, tournaments, night life and shows? you think we could stand it??:)~~

dg-in-centralpa
12-26-2004, 07:26 PM
My niece got me two big bottles of beer from Nova Scotia. Great,I thought. I looked at them after they left and found a "Best by October 13,2004." Now I'm wondering, best used by or best sold by?

DG - she had the beer for several months

9 Ball Girl
12-27-2004, 07:04 AM
It means I got nada, zilch.

Wendy~~~Santa found out that I was naughty this year. /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Wally_in_Cincy
12-27-2004, 02:07 PM
I got a billiard bench and a cue rack and a matching triangle

/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

dg-in-centralpa
12-27-2004, 02:18 PM
Sorry to hear that. I can send you a few things I got that I don't need such as chocolate fudge, chocolate bars, etc.

DG - just tryin' to help

stickman
12-27-2004, 10:17 PM
The best gift I got was from my daughter. She gave me the three tape series of the Monk 101. I didn't have any bad gifts. If it's free, it can't be too bad. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

CarolNYC
12-28-2004, 05:34 AM
Congratulations Stretch!
I wish you alot of happiness and if your coming to Vegas, anytime between May 13-21 would be nice! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Stay well!
Carol /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

9 Ball Girl
12-28-2004, 06:17 AM
Mmmm. Sounds yummy!

By the way, I'm just kidding! I liked everything I got so I can't pick a best or worst. I'll still take the chocolate though! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

dg-in-centralpa
12-28-2004, 02:17 PM
If you're coming to Valley Forge, I'll bring you some chocolate that you won't find here in the US. Let me know.

DG

cueball1950
12-29-2004, 12:10 AM
gee duane... i mised my chocolate bar for xms this year. but alas. i still have part of last years. my best and worse. my best present had to be seeing 2 of my grandchildren get kittens for xmas. that was a joy to see. worse present.......waking up alive................mike

9 Ball Girl
12-29-2004, 10:16 AM
Yeah! I'll be in Valley Forge definitely Friday thru Sunday night but I just might arrive on Thursday night.

dg-in-centralpa
12-29-2004, 07:07 PM
Sorry Mike - time didn't permit me to get the candy bars this year. Hopefully the Pat Day glass made up for it.

DG - I'll bring you some "Good" chocolate to Valley Forge

dg-in-centralpa
12-29-2004, 07:09 PM
I'll have something "Good" for you. Do you like chocolate covered cherries? I get them from Germany and are the best in the world.

DG

cueball1950
12-29-2004, 11:06 PM
Duane....i was only joking about the chocolate. actually i still have most of the other in the freezer in the gold box it came in. What kind of cue do you use by the way....mike

dg-in-centralpa
12-30-2004, 05:59 AM
Mike - I use a Predator 98-3 for my break stick and a Richard Black Balabushka model for my shooting stick. Did the derby glass make it to you safe and sound?

Duane

Wally_in_Cincy
12-30-2004, 06:54 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote dg-in-centralpa:</font><hr> I'll have something "Good" for you. Do you like chocolate covered cherries? I get them from Germany and are the best in the world.

DG <hr /></blockquote>

I want to watch 9BallGirl eat one of those /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

sorry wendee

9 Ball Girl
12-30-2004, 09:04 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote dg-in-centralpa:</font><hr> Do you like chocolate covered cherries?<hr /></blockquote>Yes. Yes I do. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

9 Ball Girl
12-30-2004, 09:06 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr> I want to watch 9BallGirl eat one of those /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif<hr /></blockquote> As if the frooze pops weren't enough!

dg-in-centralpa
12-30-2004, 02:12 PM
Consider it done. We'll meet at VF.

DG

Kato
12-31-2004, 01:04 AM
My folks got me a custom made afghan of a yellow lab with "Mary" written on top and a poker table /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif My poker buddies got me a card shuffler and the girls at work got me a crock pot and a cook book /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Kato~~~had a super fantastic Chrismtmas.

DebraLiStarr
12-31-2004, 06:58 PM
My mom gave me a beautifully framed picture of me and my ex husband on our wedding day. I'm not sure what I should do with it. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif The frame is pretty, but I'd like to forget the picture.

My niece gave me a gold locket with a picture of us inside from Special Olympics (she has Downs)... that is my favorite gift this year.