PDA

View Full Version : You Know You Are an Addict When ?

Doctor_D
05-23-2002, 04:55 AM
Good morning:

You Know You Are an Addict When?

How would each of you respond to this question?

/ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

Dr. D.

Doctor_D
05-23-2002, 04:57 AM
Good morning:

You know you are an addict when the first thing you think about in the morning is your pool game and, through-out the day, you are thinking up new drills to incorporate into your practice routine.

/ccboard/images/icons/wink.gif

Dr. D.

Jay M
05-23-2002, 07:16 AM
You know you are an addict when you develop a callous (sp) on the inside of your finger from the cue rubbing against it.

You know you are an addict when your bridge hand has chalk dust under the skin along the ridge where it touches the table.

Brady_Behrman
05-23-2002, 07:23 AM
You know your an addict when your spouse is talking dirty to you and you are thinking " How did I DOG that 7"

You know your an addict when your Making Love and you think to yourself, "I Should have given the guy earlier the Call 8 instead of the wild 7."

True Story! LOL

Doctor_D
05-23-2002, 07:32 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Jay M:</font><hr> You know you are an addict when you develop a callous (sp) on the inside of your finger from the cue rubbing against it. <hr></blockquote>

Good morning:

Now I know where that callous on my right index finger came from!!!

/ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

Dr. D.

Kato
05-23-2002, 07:41 AM
You know you're an addict when:

When you're sitting in a meeting with the Dale Carnegie people and you think about how this 12 week course is going to help my 9-ball game.

When you practice your bridge on all surfaces, all the time.

When you habitually tuck your ring finger in when you wrap your hand around your beer.

You have gone to the pool room every Wednesday for the last 4 years and didn't go last night. I wandered around the house wondering what I'm supposed to do at 7 o'clock, muttering to myself the whole time. Suprised I didn't get the shakes.

When you practice runouts and saftey's against Johnny Archer while you sleep. Oh yeah, I always come back from big deficits. Why can't I just skunk him?

Kato~~~~has not played pool for 10 days and now feel the need to play very, very, very badly.

Rich R.
05-23-2002, 07:52 AM
I'm really sorry to hear all of your sad stories. Personally, I'm not an addict. I have no problem with pool at all. I can give up pool anytime I want. I choose not to give it up. I play pool for the health benefits of walking around the table. I'm happy I don't have the problem all you people have.
Rich R.~~~in denial.

Rich R.
05-23-2002, 07:56 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Kato:</font><hr>
Kato~~~~has not played pool for 10 days and now feel the need to play very, very, very badly. <hr></blockquote>
Don't feel bad Kato, I have played many of the last 10 days and I play very, very, very badly, too. Rich R.

Kato
05-23-2002, 07:57 AM
hahahahahahahahahah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kato!~~inching towards 300

Jay M
05-23-2002, 08:07 AM
Sad but true Dr D, I have one, Ray Martin has one, CM Lee has one (actually two, but the second one is from golfing). We were talking about it one day. I'd imagine that one way to tell a person's level of game would be to measure the thickness and placement of the callous on their index finger....lol

Jay M

Fred Agnir
05-23-2002, 08:19 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Kato:</font><hr>
When you practice your bridge on all surfaces, all the time.

When you habitually tuck your ring finger in when you wrap your hand around your beer<hr></blockquote>
I do these. I hold my coffee cup and beer bottles with something close to my standard open-hand bridge with both fingers tucked. When I'm thinking, I have my bridge hand with a closed-bridged and ring-finger tricked pressed up against my chest, belly or leg. When I drive, my hand is in a bridge. Etc.

Fred &lt;~~~ doesn't need to ask, already knows he's a pool addict

05-23-2002, 09:05 AM
.....When it's been so long since you've held a cue in your hand that you grab it like a nun in a sausage factory.

Hours pass like minuits at the table.

You end up at the pool hall so long the cops think there is an abandoned vehicle in the parking lot.

Happyness is haveing a great meal, double shots of Crown Royal, a good smoke, Freshly covered level 9' diamond table, and a good woman....or a bad woman, depending on how much happiness you can take. St

Vapros
05-23-2002, 09:43 AM
You know you're an addict when you're willing to give up the break and the last shot, just to get a match, and when the only thing worse than a bad bet is no bet at all.

cheesemouse
05-23-2002, 09:50 AM
Your driving to your girl friends apartment to pick her up for a dinner/movie date on Sat/nite thinking that your going to miss the action at the pool hall but the things you'll do for love. You arrive 15 minutes early thinking she'll be impressed and when she opens the door she says "what are you doing here?"
"Were going to dinner, don't you remember?" I say with my best smile.
"That was last night" she screams.SLAM!!!!

Doctor_D
05-23-2002, 09:51 AM
Good afternoon:

You know that you are an addict when you intentionally miss pocketing the 9 Ball, when you are comfortably ahead of your opponent, just so the match can continue.

Guilty as Charged!

Dr. D.

05-23-2002, 10:04 AM
Brady, I'm not sure who to feel sorrier for, you or your wife!!

05-23-2002, 10:25 AM
When you travel 1,000 miles to see a guy and wonder if he'd be pissed that you snuck out to play pool while he was sleeping.

rackmup
05-23-2002, 11:13 AM
You might be a POOL ADDICT if...

<ul type="square"> You stay up all night and sleep all day.
All of your meals are eaten in front of a 9' Gold Crown.
You're just getting home from the pool hall when someone else leaves home to go to work.
Your refrigerator is empty yet you aren't hungry or losing weight (thank God your pool room has a grill!)
You spend all of your time thinking about aiming systems.
You spend more time as a "pool chair potato" than you do as a "couch potato."
You buy a little refrigerator to sit right by the pool table.
When you stand up straight, it doesn't feel natural.
You have a pyramid of used chalk cubes on the rail by the pool table.
The very first thing you do of a morning is to look at your cue case.
You dream about jump shots, three rail kicks and stuffing a folded wad of Benjamins into your pocket as you ask your opponent "do you think I need to lose some weight?"
You remember the diamond system easier than names of family members.
You continue stroking even after you've gone to bed (okay...maybe that's another kind of addiction.)
You know more people inside the pool hall than you do outside the pool hall.
You know the whole atlas from the locations of other pool rooms.
You have NO idea what the weather is, who the President is or the DOW JONES AVERAGE (and won't unless they post it on the pool room tournament board.)
When you leave the house, you drive by the pool hall to see whose cars are in the parking lot.
Your e-mail address, your ATM PIN code and all other access codes are "pool related."
You have a permanent blue stain on your bridge hand.
Instead of using a calculator to work out math problems, you have scoring beads hung above your desk.
You believe no one can ever have enough tip shapers.
Your cue case contains more stuff than a woman's purse.
The thought of a "Sneaky Pete with a Predator Shaft" to keep in the car, "just in case", is a good idea.
All you wanted in the divorce was the pool table, the pool light, the cues, a television, the microwave, the recliner and one car. You wanted more but you knew these things would help you to get "over it" a little easier.
Your wife's closest friends are named "Gail", "Brenda" and "Renee." Your closest friends are named "Fat Al", "Baller" and "Sneaky."
When you eat pancakes for breakfast, you wonder if there is still syrup in your cue's shaft.
You know the phone number of the guy that does your tips by heart but can't remember your spouse's birthday.
You remove Master's Blue from the lint trap of the dryer at least once per month.
Your dog's names are "Nineball", "Blackie" and "Headstring."
You witness a three car accident in an intersection and relate the actions of the vehicles as they careen from one object to the next, with a shot you made to win the weekly 9-ball tournament last week.
You never give out your HOME number, only your CELL number.
The dashboard on your two-year old automobile is cracked from the sun and your leather seats are dry, faded and cracked but your 10 year-old leather cue case looks brand new.
You go to the auto parts store to buy an o-ring, not to repair the car but to slip over the butt of your jump cue to keep it from falling into the tube of your case.
You know the weight of your cue, the hardness of your tip and the Hal Houle system but cannot remember the name of the neighbor that has been waving at you every morning for the past 10 years.
When your wife asks "what color should I paint my nails?", you reply "three ball red."
When going to the mall, to dinner or to a movie, you tell your wife "That skirt is waaay too short to wear in public" but you encourage her to wear it with 6" spiked heels and no panties, to the pool room where you have some money action lined up, AND you sit her on a stool right in your opponent's line-of-sight.
You are still pissed that "The Color of Money" didn't win "Best Motion Picture of the Year."
When the Billiards Digest CCB labels you "addict", based on your frequent posts.
[/list]

Did I miss any?

Regards,

Ken

05-23-2002, 11:35 AM
You are planning a buisness trip and the frist thing you do is get on the net and find the nearest pool halls.

Your cue collection is worth more than your car and you could still use another cue.

You say "I'm not addicted to pool. Now get out of my way so I can shoot."

bigalerickson
05-23-2002, 11:38 AM
When shot drills are such are a part of your morning routine, you get up at 4 am so you can still get your drills in before an early meeting or plane flight (not that I've ever done this).

When the pool hall is empty, the owner is standing at the door with his key, and you're playing by yourself, confused why you can't get another match in, just trying to get one more rack in.

Then you walk outside and realize that work starts in a couple hours. Then you arrive home, and decide that there is a shot you absolutely have to work on and it can't wait until morning drills.

Those are just stories of friends of mine. Or at least that is what I'd like to believe.

JimS
05-23-2002, 11:41 AM
When....your wife comes home from a full day at a stressful job, asks how your day was and your reply is..."Not bad! Got 240 balls pocketed this afternoon, only 60 to go! It's tough! But I can handle it!"

Wife not impressed. Could use Dale's course outline from Kato.

Jay M
05-23-2002, 04:01 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>You have a pyramid of used chalk cubes on the rail by the pool table. <hr></blockquote>

Almost, but mine is a little more telling. In one of the end tables next to the bed, I have all of the miscellaneous junk accumulated over time that I pull out of my pockets and toss in the drawer. In the OTHER end table, I have about a case or two worth of nearly new Master's chalk that has somehow decided to migrate to my pocket rather than back to the pool hall.

It's not intentional, I just chalk from my pocket (it's considered bad manners to place the chalk cube on the table when playing 3c) and so when I am playing 9 ball, I pick up the chalk from the table, chalk my cue and drop the chalk into my pocket without thinking about it. In fact, now that I am thinking about it, I think I'll load up a duffel bag of the stuff and take it back to CM's where I'm sure it all originated.

Jay M

Tom_In_Cincy
05-23-2002, 07:18 PM
You know you're an addict when you come home and your kids ask you what's for supper, and your reply is

"NOTHING, I dawged the NINE"

Ralph S.
05-23-2002, 09:26 PM
You know you're an addict when your 3 year old brings you your cue case whenever you take one step toward the door...dressed or not! LOL
Ralph S.