PDA

View Full Version : I bought a cue off e-bay

nhp
12-27-2004, 02:06 PM
I payed the guy (debit thru paypal) and he hasn't responded yet. What do I do if he never responds? Can e-bay get my money back?

landshark77
12-27-2004, 02:12 PM
and call pay pal.

highsea
12-27-2004, 02:38 PM
You both will get a payment confirmation through Paypal. It will take a few days for the funds to clear, so he won't ship right away. The return policy is determined by agreement between the buyer and seller, but if the item doesn't ship, you have to file for a refund through paypal. If it was an expensive cue, you might have wanted to go through an escrow service like Proficient Billiards for security. If you have already paid though, it's too late for that. Hopefully the seller has a good reputation and you won't have any problems. (I assume you sprung for insurance)

What did you buy, just out of curiosity?

Popcorn
12-27-2004, 04:19 PM
Post a link to the cue, lets see what you bought. You can request the sellers information from ebay. Give them a call.

SPetty
12-27-2004, 05:07 PM
Settle down, nhp. Everything is going to be O.K.

It's my recollection that this is your first eBay purchase. It's a little different than when you order from a big on-line retailer where you get an automated response so you feel better.

First, give him a couple of days before even pretending to be concerned. It is eBay's policy that the seller has three days to contact you. And, sometimes they don't contact you directly, but rely on the automated systems to do it for them. If you want personal contact...

Second, make sure you've emailed him directly, and don't just rely on PayPal communications. You should email him every day until you hear from him. Be friendly.

Third, it is right in the middle of the holiday season, so everything may take a little longer.

Fourth, you checked this guy's other auctions and his feedback, right? He's not some scheister, right? (sorry, I don't know how to spell scheister...)

Most importantly, post a link to the auction for us to have a look at the cue, and between all of us, we can probably give you an idea if there's a problem with the seller when we see the auction.

You're just too excited because you want the cue now! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif It's certainly possible that he received your money and shipped the cue out today.

Now, where's that link?

Wally_in_Cincy
12-28-2004, 06:41 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SPetty:</font><hr>

...He's not some scheister, right? <hr /></blockquote>

let's hope not...

shyster

An unethical, unscrupulous practitioner, especially of law

Word History: Calling someone a shyster might be considered libellous; knowing its probable origin adds insult to injury. According to Gerald L. Cohen, a student of the word, shyster is derived from the German term scheisser, meaning literally “one who defecates,” from the verb scheissen, “to defecate,” with the English suffix -ster, “one who does,” substituted for the German suffix -er, meaning the same thing. Sheisser, which is chiefly a pejorative term, is the German equivalent of our English terms bastard and son of a bitch. Sheisser is generally thought to have been borrowed directly into English as the word shicer, which, among other things, is an Australian English term for an unproductive mine or claim, a sense that is also recorded for the word shyster.

SPetty
12-30-2004, 04:28 PM
Well? How's this transaction going? Have you heard from the seller? Have you received your cue yet? What does it look like? Can you post a link?

Inquiring minds and all that... /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

nhp
12-30-2004, 06:20 PM
Hi, sorry I haven't replied in a while, I kind of forgot about this thread. I talked to the guy and he said he will ship me the cue on Jan 3. I will post up pics of the cue when I get it. Thank you all for your advice! Happy New Years!!