PDA

View Full Version : Vegas Results

05-23-2002, 06:18 AM
Is their any other site that has the results from Vegas besides www.bca-pool.com. (http://www.bca-pool.com.) Thanks, Terry

P.S.

Congratulations to Chris Cass on his strong showing and to all the other CCB'ers that participated in the event. It sounds like ya all had a pool in paradise good time.

Doctor_D
05-23-2002, 06:32 AM
Good morning:

Check out AZ Billiards www.azbilliards.com (http://www.azbilliards.com)

Dr. D.

05-23-2002, 06:41 AM
Hi Doctor D, thanks for the reply, I was looking for the amateur results ( teams event ) and all I found at AZ Billiards was the pro results. Terry

Chris Cass
05-23-2002, 09:31 AM
Hi Terry,

Thank you, I wasn't very happy with the way I ended up but I came to realize that out of 1795 players and first time players as myself were shooting in the open event. Atleast the odds say 10% had to be masters. I should have played in the masters. The odds are much better. Don't know if you can just play in the masters event? Oh well, water under the bridge. Flip a coin, race to 5 not to mention the cb's sucked. The draw is key too.

Lucky me to draw Bobby Pickle the freewheeler. If he could see it, he could make it. He also gave my lil buddy Jesse Bowman the 8 and drilled him a couple yrs ago. He got his though. He was set up later for a big score. He was very nice to me and was definitely a player. He did have 4 drunk team members talking smack behind me. They all had these shirts with J.O.B. embroyded on them.

After Bobby won the match this rude drunk says at the top of his lungs, Bobby the worst player on the team. He wouldn't stop talking smack the hole time in the match. Bobby atleast had class. I wanted to bet the guy a hundred, he couldn't shut his mouth for 5 minutes but I don't like to fight with my S.W. around. LOL Don't think it would have change the outcome. Bobby played awesome and the balls landed just right everytime. The thing that got to me most was he'd shoot and then look for what to shoot next.

Regards,

C.C.

05-24-2002, 08:19 AM
Hi Chris, it always hurts to be beat by someone who doesn't map the table, they've gotta be very good shots to make up for the cueball control. As far as the cheering section, I think they should have been put out for lack of ethics. I had the same thing happen to me a couple nights ago in the final ( ofcourse on a smaller scale LOL ) and I had to tell the guy how I felt. I lost my concentration and then the match /webbbs/images/icons/frown.gif . The guy who beat me was a really good player from out of town, but I didn't mind losing to HIM cause I beat him and won the tournament in his town the week before. After the match was over he apoligized for his buddy and said he didn't like/ approve of his buddies actions. He offered to pay my way into his local tournament this week if I go, anyway enough about that. I'm just getting ready to pull out within the hour to take my 12 yr. old daughter to play in the Junior Provincials about 3 hrs. drive from here. She won't be a serious threat to win it, but she will enjoy herself and make some of the boys sweat i'm sure. She laid a three pack on me last week LOL. See Ya, Terry

SPetty
05-24-2002, 11:29 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Chris Cass:</font><hr> Lucky me to draw Bobby Pickle the freewheeler. If he could see it, he could make it.

Bobby atleast had class. Bobby played awesome and the balls landed just right everytime. The thing that got to me most was he'd shoot and then look for what to shoot next.
<hr></blockquote>Hi Chris,

I gotta say, that after watching Bobby beat you (wasn't that score something like 27-0 in just under four minutes? /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif ), I made it a point to catch a few more of his matches. I believe it wasn't just dumb luck that "the balls landed just right everytime". He just didn't have to look at the layout very long or spend much time at all thinking about the shot. He was doing what I've "heard" other posters here say they do... They don't have to think about spin, speed, etc. They know where they want the cue ball to go and just make the shot - the muscle memory and shot experience takes it from there. I think he could just do that.

And, something to think about that I heard another masters level player comment: "Hey, these are bar tables. You don't need to get position!"

Oh, and if you can stand it, one more "Bobby Pickle has class" story: He was playing in a semi-final match, I think, and he hooks his opponent. The opponent reaches into his pocket and says, while attempting to leave the match area, "I'm going to go buy a jump cue."! He was seriously going to leave in the middle of the game to go buy a jump cue - seems he was going to do that anyway, and now was a good time for him! Bobby offers up his jump cue - gets it out of the case, puts it together, hands it to his opponent and sincerely wishes the man good luck. (His opponent missed, Bobby took ball in hand and ran the table...)