PDA

View Full Version : Urge To Nuke My PC Rising....

nhp
12-28-2004, 06:33 PM
A few months ago, my pc had alot of problems. I would get these incredible bombardments of pop-up ads, most of them about spyware inside my PC. So I used Ad-aware and Hijack This, because often my homepage would get hijacked by some crappy search engine that didn't even work. At least twice a day I would have to scan my computer so it would run fine for a little while. I was doing that every day until I bought F-Secure Antivirus. For the least couple months since then, my PC has had NO problems whatsoever. It blocked all pop-ups, my homepage never got hijacked, and I never had to worry about spyware in my PC. Now it seems this F-Secure doesn't work anymore. My homepage keeps getting hijacked, every time I go to Yahoo Mail to check my e-mail, that gets hijacked so I haven't been able to check my mail for about 4 days now. Even when I scan with Hijack This and Ad-Aware, the same thing keeps happening. I get hijacked and bombareded with pop-ups. When I scan my PC with my anti-virus program (f-secure) it doesn't fix anything. So now I am stuck with an anti virus program/pc protection program that I PAID FOR and it's NOT DOING IT'S JOB. Any advice before I f-ing blow up my PC? Thanks.

highsea
12-28-2004, 07:23 PM
Send me your hijack this log in a PM, I'll take a look if you want. Sounds like a hidden .dll that is calling the trojan back up.

PQQLK9
12-29-2004, 08:14 AM
FWIW have you tried the Firefox broswer? (works for me)

catscradle
12-30-2004, 09:17 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote nhp:</font><hr> ... Any advice before I f-ing blow up my PC? Thanks. <hr /></blockquote>

Luddites of the world unite! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif