PDA

View Full Version : Jerry Orbach Dead

PQQLK9
12-29-2004, 08:24 AM
Actor Jerry Orbach dies of prostate cancer

By Associated Press
Published December 29, 2004, 9:22 AM CST

"Law & Order" star Jerry Orbach has died of prostate cancer at age 69, a representative of the show said.

Orbach starred for 12 seasons in the original "Law & Order" series but left to head the spin-off "Law & Order: Trial by Jury," set to debut next year.

Orbach began playing detective Lennie Briscoe in 1992, the original show's third season.

Born in the Bronx, he was in the original cast of the off Off-Broadway hit "The Fantasticks" and has appeared in such films as "Dirty Dancing," "Prince of the City" and Woody Allen's "Crimes and Misdemeanors." http://www.newsday.com/media/photo/2004-12/15642767.jpg
Jerry Orbach and his wife arrive at the 5th Annual DGA Honors Gala, held at the Waldorf Astoria in New York, on Sept. 29, 2004.
(Knight Ridder Tribune Photo)

pooltchr
12-29-2004, 09:55 AM
This is very sad to hear. He was quite a pool player as well. In fact, In Chicago pool rooms, he was known as "Jerry the Actor".

PQQLK9
12-29-2004, 10:06 AM
You know Steve with the war and the disaster in Asia along with the death of Reggie White and Jerry Orbach to name a few it gives us more of a reason to feel blessed and to cherish our love ones and the things we hold dear. (especially this time of year).

pooltchr
12-29-2004, 05:52 PM
Absolutely! All the STUFF in the world isn't worth much without the people in your life.
Steve

cueball1950
12-29-2004, 06:18 PM
I had the HONOR of meeting Jerry at the last U.S.Open 14.1 held in N.Y.C.. what a gentleman he was. polite and funny. The pleasure and honor of meeting this great actor was all mine. What other actor would sit and talk with you about pool. He really loved the game. Rest in peace jerry and my condolences to his family.He will be sorely missed by all who knew him.............................mike

Deeman2
12-30-2004, 07:21 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote cueball1950:</font><hr> I had the HONOR of meeting Jerry at the last U.S.Open 14.1 held in N.Y.C.. what a gentleman he was. polite and funny. The pleasure and honor of meeting this great actor was all mine. What other actor would sit and talk with you about pool. He really loved the game. Rest in peace jerry and my condolences to his family.He will be sorely missed by all who knew him.............................mike <hr /></blockquote>

<font color="blue"> I had only seen him on TV a couple of times and seen him in a billiard mag. or two. NPR, last night, did a longish tribute to him. I had no idea he was so versatile and talented. He was a stage actor with a wonderful voice as well as solid classical training. </font color>

Deeman