PDA

View Full Version : Pool-related surgery.

Cueless Joey
12-29-2004, 11:22 AM
Middle Finger (http://azbilliards.com/vbulletin/upload/attachment.php?attachmentid=3878&stc=1)
My middle finger is getting whacked tomorrow. Actually, my palm will be cut up so my surgeon can make some incissions to the three pulleys locked-up on my middle-finger's tendon.
I have a trigger-finger and my right hand has lost most of it's grip strength. Bet, you didn't know the middle finger is good for other things too. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

PQQLK9
12-29-2004, 11:39 AM
Good luck to you with the surgery. I have been dealing with basal joint arthritis . /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif http://www.e-hand.com/hw/hw003.htm

Chris Cass
12-29-2004, 11:40 AM
Hi Joey,

Hope this isn't going to be painful and you can return to playing once again. Is this finger on your grip hand? Please let us know if everything went well and how long before everything is expected to come back to normal.

Regards,

C.C.

Cueless Joey
12-29-2004, 11:56 AM
CC, I'm righty.
Last May they my left middle finger was operated on as well. Very odd that both middle-fingers developed the same exact problem. My surgeon says he's not shocked.
He said he's seen some people have it on almost all fingers.

wolfdancer
12-29-2004, 01:00 PM
Wow, I hope I never have to have one of those hand jobs, done on me.
hope your's is successful

daviddjmp
12-29-2004, 01:16 PM
Joey-

Hope the surgery is successful, best wishes-

cheese_ball
12-29-2004, 01:23 PM
Joey-

I had this same exact surgery!!! I had problems with my right middle finger. Did they try a cortizone injection first? They tried it with me (cost $250!!!) and my finger felt great for about three days, and then it got stiff and started locking again. It only took 3 months before my hand was entirely back to normal... I hope everything goes well for you!

Barbara
12-29-2004, 01:29 PM
CJ,

I hope all goes well for you. Keep us posted, ya hear?

Barbara

DickLeonard
12-29-2004, 01:31 PM
I sorry Joey when I saw pool-related, I thought you were having Brain Surgery to have a pool brain installed. It is totally different from a real brain. I know because I have one.

As Albany Harry would say you trip up the stairs, drop the phone,put the cue between your legs falling down the stairs and then run 100 balls. ####

Cueless Joey
12-29-2004, 02:22 PM
Thanks B.
I'll keep everyone posted.
Cheese, I had that cortizone shot as well in the left hand.
Hell, it was more painful than the surgery. It was fine for a few days and it locked up again.

wolfdancer
12-29-2004, 03:00 PM
"Keep us posted, ya hear"
In what part of Philadelphia do they talk like that?
by the way...wish you and yours, the very best for the new year.
I'm going to send Ms Rakin out there to teach the ladies
on the NEWT tour, how to play.
She won 4 out of 5 on Julie Hunter's tour last year...and how do you top that?? She went
5 for 5 this year,first time it's ever been done.
Seriously, I would like to see her play on a second Women's Tour...
Happy New Year!!!!!!....and thanks for being so kind,when I needed some kindness...God Bless!!!

Cueless Joey
12-29-2004, 03:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
the're coming to take me away...
<hr /></blockquote>
Where in the Northwest do they spell they're that way? /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Barbara
12-29-2004, 03:54 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr>I'm going to send Ms Rakin out there to teach the ladies on the NEWT tour, how to play.
She won 4 out of 5 on Julie Hunter's tour last year...and how do you top that?? She went 5 for 5 this year,first time it's ever been done.

<font color="blue">To top that, you have State Championships that are open to the WPBA Touring pros and watch Karen Corr, Julie Kelly, Gerda Hofstatter, Kim Shaw, Tiffany Nelson, and Dawn Hopkins walk in to spoil (or augment) your fun! But congrats to Michelle, that's pretty impressive!!</font color>

Seriously, I would like to see her play on a second Women's Tour...

<font color="blue">Then send her East Baby!! Especially for a State Championship because for only $50 she can play any and all of the aforementioned players! Even me!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif</font color>

Happy New Year!!!!!!....and thanks for being so kind,when I needed some kindness...God Bless!!!
<hr /></blockquote>

Right back atcha, Jack!! Your a great friend, too!

Barbara

wolfdancer
12-29-2004, 05:00 PM
only in this small town, I guess...thanks for pointing it out

Cueless Joey
12-30-2004, 02:07 PM
Guys, I just had it done. My right hand is bandaged.
Everything went really well. The anaesthesialogist was very good. He knocked me out for 5 minutes so wouldn't feel pain while my hand was being injected. I was awake when the surgeon was cutting my palm. After two cuts, my trigger-finger was released.
I drove home.
Bandage gets taken out come Monday. I might learn one-handed 1-pocket for a few days. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

PQQLK9
12-30-2004, 02:09 PM
good news, now get back to making cues /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Barbara
12-30-2004, 03:00 PM
Hey CJ!

I hope all heals well!! Happy New Year!

Barbara

CarolNYC
12-31-2004, 03:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Very odd that both middle-fingers developed the same exact problem.
<hr /></blockquote>

You must have been driving in NY ALOT! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Glad everything went well!

Carol

B0B_PERKINS
12-31-2004, 02:48 PM
I was recently diagnosed with a trigger finger myself, left hand pinky... never heard of such a thing before. I guess it sort of locks up until the tendons slip off the knuckle. Fortunately not so serious for me... just an irritation. Wish you all the best for your surgery.

I asked my doctor wahat causes such a thing. His reply, "being born in 1948." ...thanks doc/ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif ...Bob