PDA

View Full Version : Scott Frost/ James Walden/Jack Kooney

Ketchup
12-30-2004, 09:27 AM
Just wondering if anyone has seen or heard of any action or tournament play these guys have been in. Also, what ever happened to Jack Hynes?

Wally_in_Cincy
12-30-2004, 09:34 AM
Scott Frost was playing a guy named Pookie at Q-Masters during the US Open. I heard they were playing 10 ahead 1 pocket. They played on and off for days.

Frost forfeited his loser bracket match that week, claiming he got lost.

ras314
12-30-2004, 04:54 PM
Way I heard it Scott and Pookie were playing 5 ahead per set and you had to get two sets ahead to win for big money.

Was that Jack Hynes playing Grady Matthews? Some discussion about Jack's racking, they were racking for themselves.

charlieb
12-30-2004, 07:58 PM
Cooney & Walden matched up several yrs ago (5 or so) with Jack getting 10-8. Jack walked off with the $ (substantial) and then matched up with Cliff J. with the same spot and once again walked off the $ (very substantial) I think that was the last time he was in heavy action althoughI saw his name listed in a Tournament at HT in Sac Town earlier in the yr.

Rich R.
12-31-2004, 07:33 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr> Scott Frost was playing a guy named Pookie at Q-Masters during the US Open. <hr /></blockquote>
Pookie Rasmeloungon lives in the Maryland-Northern Virginia area. He is a regular on the Planet Pool 9-Ball Tour and he plays extremely well.

Cane
12-31-2004, 04:40 PM
Scott Frost, I don't know.

James Walden is living in OKC, OK and I understand he's part owner in a club there. Plays a fine game of anything you want to play. He did get beat by a 26 year old kid from Fayetteville, Ar last year, but you know what they say, even a blind hog can find an acorn every once in awhile. I understood that he hits the Midwest 9-Ball tour on a regular basis, but he wasn't at the last one they had in Tulsa, so who knows. James Walden will pretty much match up with anyone anytime, and plays very well, but every once in awhile he drops off in this gear that is absolutely scary! When he gets to that point, zip up your wallet and go find a game somewhere else.

Jack Hynes is, at last report, still living in Fort Smith Arkansas, still reminiscing over a shot he blew against Earl that cost him a match (he'll show you the tape no less than 100 times if you can track him down, so avoid VCR's if you want to look up Jack). I haven't seen him in at least two years, but one of my regular travel partners saw him a few months ago. They visited awhile and all Darryl would say is that Jack should join the UPA, because it would sure help Earls reputation to have Jack floating around.

Later,
Bob