PDA

View Full Version : Ruling blocks Anna Nicole Smith from fortune

SnakebyteXX
12-30-2004, 06:10 PM
Associated Press

LOS ANGELES A federal appeals court today threw out a judge's ruling that awarded $88.5 million to former Playboy model Anna Nicole Smith from the estate of her late husband, a Houston oil tycoon who died at age 90 just over a year after they wed.

The 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals ruled that a Texas probate court's decision that the oilman's son was his sole heir should stand. The appeals court said the federal judge in California who ruled in Smith's favor in 2002 should never have even heard the case.

The decision comes after years of wrangling in three courts over the fortune of J. Howard Marshall II.

Smith met him in 1991 when she was working as a stripper. The couple married three years later when she was 26 and he was 89.

"After nine years of litigation, I'm very pleased by the judgment issued by the 9th Circuit upholding my father's wishes regarding disposition of his assets," E. Pierce Marshall said in a statement.

A call to Smith's attorney was not immediately returned.

Link (http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mpl/topstory2/2971569)

Rod
12-30-2004, 07:58 PM
Good, serves her right, the gold digger. I wanted to say more but the language isn't allowed here!!

dg-in-centralpa
12-30-2004, 07:59 PM
She doesn't need the money anymore now that she had a hit TV show plus being a spokesperson for Trimspa.

DG - always thought she was a gold digger

Popcorn
12-30-2004, 11:47 PM
Don't be so sure, she is about on the level of a Mike Tyson. I bet she has already pissed away what ever money she has made. These kind of people can really go broke in a big way. They think nothing of renting $3000. a night suites and private planes. There is almost not an amount of money they can't throw away, it is amazing

nhp
12-31-2004, 04:34 AM
YES!!!! THIS JUST MADE MY DAY!!

Cueless Joey
12-31-2004, 12:24 PM
I woonder how she can afford cocaine, booze and Prozak now.

nhp
12-31-2004, 12:52 PM
She is a pathetic slut. I hated her when I first watched an episode of her stupid reality show. That b**** let the whole world know she married a man for his money, and she didn't care. She would get high off pills on TV and not care. Then went to the awards show drunk and high off her ass. Disgusting....she's trying to party it up now that she inherited all the money, SHE GOT WHAT SHE DESERVED. I HOPE SHE GETS SO DEPRESSED FROM LOSING THE MONEY THAT SHE EATS A TON OF FOOD AND BECOMES TWICE AS FAT AS SHE ONCE WAS. Thank you for letting me vent.

Rod
12-31-2004, 03:27 PM
Ditto!!!

Cueless Joey
12-31-2004, 03:41 PM
Maybe they can repo her fake boobs too.