PDA

View Full Version : Iraq

onepocketfanatic
12-31-2004, 01:44 AM
I was watching the TV (which I do very little of) the other week and they were making a big deal of our young soldiers in Iraq not having the proper armor for all of their vehicles (not to mention that their families had to buy them flack jackets with their own money at the onset of the war). Gee I thought this was old news. I had heard this a long time ago, but the media never really picked up on it until one of the soldiers had enough guts to ask Rumsfeld about this situation on camera.
My guess if this were some hooty tooty party put on by our the fat cats in Washington, millions of $$$ would be spent to get what they needed for security, lobster, etc in extremely short order.
You know I am not affiliated with any party, and have no axe to grind with republicans nor democrats, but this is totally insane. Someone in Congress (either Republican or Democrat) should have been raising hell. How could our leaders send our young men and women over to fight without getting them the safest equiptment money can buy? After all, they spend money like water on pork,so I really fail to understand why this was allowed to continue (by either party) until someone was asked on camera about the situation!
It just goes to prove something that I have known for a long time. Most politicians are worried about getting elected, stuffing money in their pockets, and getting reelected. Most could care less about "doing the right thing".
I would like to put all of those (and their families) in both the Executive branch, and Congress, in some of the vehicles and let them ride around in Iraq for just a week! My guess is the parts needed would be airfreighted to Iraq "next day air".
This is the greatest country in the world, and I would not want to live anywhere else, but most of those that govern us smell like the south end of a north bound mule!!

highsea
12-31-2004, 02:11 AM
This issue has been discussed quite a bit here lately, you might want to check out these threads:

http://www.billiardsdigest.com/ccboard/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=npr&Number=170425&page=2&v iew=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=all&vc=1

and here:

http://www.billiardsdigest.com/ccboard/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=npr&Number=170012&page=2&v iew=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=all