PDA

View Full Version : meucci original 88 series piano cue with ebony

Thegoldenjew
01-01-2005, 09:54 PM
Trying to get a value on this cue it is in 95% condition
it is an 88 series 88-4E

DavidMorris
01-01-2005, 10:45 PM
There used to be a guy on eBay with the ID "scarletfrisco" who traded in Meucci collectibles. I was pointed to him for an estimate on a Meucci Original 84-5 I have. I sent him an eBay message and he replied with a lengthy message about my cue, how it was built, dates when Meucci changed components or construction techniques, etc. A pretty knowledgeable guy, you might check there and see if he's still around.

You could also possibly contact Meucci as well.

tateuts
01-01-2005, 10:46 PM
This is the so-called "Julian Lennon" cue because rumor has it that the first one was made for him.

They auction for roughly $500.00 with the old "meucci originals" logo. Not all of them have piano keyboards on the forearm, by the way. I have the birdseye version without the keyboard on the forearm.

You may hear prices quoted several hundred dollars higher, but this is what I think the realistic auction value is. Whatever you do, dont' call Meucci and ask them what the value is - they think everything they ever made is rare and valuable.

Chris

Thegoldenjew
01-01-2005, 10:50 PM
Thank you for the reply. I will definately try to look that guy up.

Thegoldenjew
01-01-2005, 10:56 PM
Thanks for the info Chris. I was surprised to come across this cue up here in Alaska. I was told it came from a guy who had it in storage for about 15 years. It didnt even have chalk on it when I acquired it.I especially like the piano keys inlaid around the butt. I have been shooting with Joss cues since I started playing about 4 years ago but I am thinking of switching to Meucci.
Thanks again
Aaron

Rich R.
01-02-2005, 05:29 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Thegoldenjew:</font><hr> I have been shooting with Joss cues since I started playing about 4 years ago but I am thinking of switching to Meucci. <hr /></blockquote>
Stick with the Joss. JMHO. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif