PDA

View Full Version : Living in a Democracy???????

Rich R.
01-03-2005, 05:05 AM
This was sent to me and I am just passing it along, for entertainment value. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
I make no claims to its accuracy. Actually, I'm sure some of you will tell me all about how inaccurate it is. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Subject: Fw: From a diehard Republican

Still feel like you're living in a democracy?

Some amazing facts about the 2004 U.S. election

1. 80% of all votes in America are counted by only two companies: Diebold and ES&S.

2. There is no federal agency with regulatory authority or oversight of the U.S. voting-machine industry.

3. The vice president of Diebold and the president of ES&S are brothers.

4. The chairman and CEO of Diebold is a major Bush campaign organizer and donor who wrote in 2003 that he was "committed to helping Ohio deliver its electoral votes to the president next year."

5. 35% of ES&S is owned by Republican Senator Chuck Hagel, who became Senator based on votes counted by ES&S machines.

6. Republican Senator Chuck Hagel, a long-time friend of the Bush family, was caught lying about his ownership of ES&S by the Senate Ethics Committee.

7. Senator Chuck Hagel was on a short list of George W. Bush's vice presidential candidates.

8. ES&S is the largest voting-machine manufacturer in the U.S. and counts almost 60% of all U.S. votes.

9. Diebold's new touch-screen voting machines leave no paper record of ANY votes. There is no way to verify that the data coming out of them is the same that was put in them by voters.

10. Diebold also makes ATMs, checkout scanners, and ticket machines, all of which log each transaction and can generate a paper trail.

11. Diebold is based in Ohio, which was a crucial state in the 2004 presidential election.

12. Diebold employs 5 convicted felons as software developers---the people who write the voting-machine programs.

13. Diebold's senior vice president, Jeff Dean, was convicted of 23 counts of felony theft in the first degree.

14. Diebold senior vice president Jeff Dean, was convicted of planting "back doors" (hidden access codes) in his software and using a "high degree of sophistication" to evade detection over a period of 2 years.

15. None of the international election observers were allowed in the polls in Ohio.

16. California banned the use of Diebold machines because their security measures were so bad.

17. Despite Diebold's claims that the audit logs could not be hacked, computer experts have proven it is very easy to do.

18. Every single voting-machine error found and reported in Florida---another crucial election state, and where Bush's brother, Jeb, is the governor---was in favor of George W. Bush and Republican candidates. These anomalies have been challenged by many experts, and are the equivalent of statistical miracles.

Still feel like you're living in a democracy?

PQQLK9
01-03-2005, 05:21 AM
Better batten down the hatches Rich, the Repubs are coming to get you. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Rich R.
01-03-2005, 07:41 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote PQQLK9:</font><hr> Better batten down the hatches Rich, the Repubs are coming to get you. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif <hr /></blockquote>
/ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif
/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Deeman2
01-03-2005, 09:01 AM
Are you saying the democrats are not smart enough to do anything about these outrages?

More, "We didn't land on the moon, JFK was a consiracy and O.J. is innocent" junk. if this is true, we (the Republicans) have found a good way to control the elections and the dems shouldn't bother with 2008, right?

If 35% of ES&amp;S is owned by a republican, what percentage is owned by democrats? 10%, 55% or 65%?

Tired of getting beat? Just whip up some numbers that answer your needs to feel vindicated in your poor selection of a candidate, your inability to turn out committed voters and your total lack of understanding of why you continue to lose. Losers lose, it's just that way sometimes. The longer you don't realise the true reasons, the longer you will continue to be a losing party, if the party survives at all.

Deeman

roscoe
01-03-2005, 09:25 AM
So Rich, how long have you been listening to the Art Bell Show?

Roscoe

Rich R.
01-03-2005, 09:33 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Deeman2:</font><hr> Are you saying the democrats are not smart enough to do anything about these outrages? <hr /></blockquote>
Suspecting wrong doing; even assuming wrong doing; is much easier than proving wrong doing. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

The only thing I will add, from my personal experience, is that a Republican Govenor was elected in my state, for the first time in many years, shortly after we began using the touch-screen voting machines, with no paper trail. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

BTW, as I stated in the beginning, I'm not saying anything. I'm just passing this on. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

eg8r
01-03-2005, 09:34 AM
Pretty interesting stuff.

eg8r

Rich R.
01-03-2005, 10:14 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote roscoe:</font><hr> So Rich, how long have you been listening to the Art Bell Show?

Roscoe <hr /></blockquote>
Roscoe, I honestly don't know who Art Bell is and I have certainly never listened to his show.

If that is the source of this information, you would know more than I. I simply copied it from an email, I received and pasted in my post here. As stated, I'm just passing it along.

Qtec
01-03-2005, 10:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
if this is true, we (the Republicans) have found a good way to control the elections and the dems shouldn't bother with 2008, right?
<hr /></blockquote>

Correct! /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif Its a complete waste of time. If I had the computer skills, I could hack into the Neo-Con HQ and get you the results. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif I even know how President Awrnold makes his acceptace speech. Its all planed. He,s going to land on the Whitehouse lawn in one of those UFO spacecraft that they have got in area 51. Imagine it, the craft lands, the walkway extends from this totally alien piece of technology and Awrnold says,
"Pwepel ov de Vorld" /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Q

[ boy I,m funny!]HaHa

Chopstick
01-03-2005, 10:34 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Qtec:</font><hr>
"Pwepel ov de Vorld" /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

<hr /></blockquote>

http://politicalhumor.about.com/library/graphics/arnold_vote4me.jpg

/ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif