PDA

View Full Version : Could my 314 ferrule be cracked?

cnw20
01-03-2005, 08:46 AM
I have an older used 314 shaft on a McDermott that I got on EBAY and there is a line down the side of the ferrule that looks like a crack. The tip began mushrooming and it looks like the crack continues about a quarter inch into the shaft too. I used the method you would use to test to see if a baseball bat was cracked and bounced the tip of the cue off the bumper and it sounded like it was cracked.

Am I just seeing and hearing things? Thanks.

Cueless Joey
01-03-2005, 09:06 AM
They crack all the time. Get it checked.

RedHell
01-03-2005, 09:13 AM
I believe that your 314 is garantied. If it cracked you need to ship it to Predator and they should replace it. I know Eric had some issues on this with predator, maybe he can respond more on the subject.

One thing I know for sure is that if you get another cue craftman working on it, the garanty will not be respected.

Rich R.
01-03-2005, 09:40 AM
If it looks like it is cracked and it sounds like it is cracked, I think it is safe to say, it is probably cracked. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Follow Red Hell's advise and all will be well in the world.
Well, all except that you are still playing with a Predator. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

recoveryjones
01-03-2005, 10:32 AM
Sounds like a crack to me. Get a magnifying glass and have a closer look. Do something or it will drive you crazy. RJ

Cueless Joey
01-03-2005, 10:40 AM
Maybe we should ask Whitney Houston if it's cracked. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Eric.
01-03-2005, 11:43 AM
Hey Red Hell,

I did have the same problem with my Predator BK break cue. Predator was very good about standing behind their warranty. I shipped the shaft to them for inspection, they deemed it warranty, replaced the ferrule and even cleaned the shaft. Good deal.

I would call Predator and tell them about the problem.

Eric

cnw20
01-03-2005, 11:55 AM
Thanks but I'm not the original owner so I think the warranty is void

DavidMorris
01-03-2005, 12:36 PM
I'm not saying to lie about it, but you don't have to volunteer that you're not the original owner -- if it really matters anyway. In my experience, most manufacturers that lifetime warranty their products don't usually quibble over proof of purchase, even when their terms say "original owner only."

For example I've run into this twice with Moen faucets that I had installed when my home was built. The builder bought them (technically he was the "original owner") and he didn't provide me a proof of purchase or any documentation. Twice I've called for free replacement parts -- once they didn't even ask, the last time they asked if I had a receipt, I said no, they said okay, no problem and sent the parts anyway.

Predator would likely not even ask.