PDA

View Full Version : Archives

gcorsi
01-03-2005, 06:54 PM
My great Grandfather was George Sutton, champ around 1917 and 1918. My Dad just gave me what we think are my grand Fathers pool cues. I would like to hear from anyone that can tell me how I can verify that these are in fact George Sutton’s cues. Waiting to hear.

Barbara
01-03-2005, 07:04 PM
I would suggest finding a billiards historian that may have pics of your great-grandfather and see if you can match up any of the cues you have to those in the pics.

Mike Shamos is a historian and writes an article or two in Billiards Digest, maybe you should get in touch with him.

Barbara

Scott Lee
01-03-2005, 07:54 PM
Victor Stein, author of The Billiard Encyclopedia, would be another source. A third might be Mark & Connie Stellinga. Contact them at www.billiard-antiques.com. (http://www.billiard-antiques.com.) If I remember correctly, didn't you bring your grandfather's cue down to Chris' Billiards, in Chicago a couple of years ago? If so, I talked to you, took a look at it, and thought it was really cool! Didn't it have his name engraved on it?

Scott Lee

bakes23
02-02-2014, 02:19 PM
Was your grandfather George H. Sutton, the armless player? If so, please pm me as I'm doing some research on him. Thanks!

enjoydgame
02-03-2014, 10:29 AM
By 1850's, billiards invaded most of the world. The leather cue tip initially designed by Captain Minguard for protection of the cue added a new dimension to the game.