PDA

View Full Version : Virtual Pool 3

Rod
01-04-2005, 01:22 PM
I'm posting this over here in NPR because it is, well NPR. LOL For the heck of it I bought this game because I heard it simulated real pool. It only resembles real pool, hence the post over here.

Geez, I have a good draw stroke but this game gets carried away. It has a least double the amount of draw. For those that want to draw the rock but can't very well, buy this game. LOL

English, well the c/b reacts a ton for a little stroke as well. Real life angles and english are just not the same.
Oh and the weird part, play them safe and 9 out of 10 is an unblievable masse shot buy the better opponents. What I started doing was locking them up tighter than a knats ass on a rain barrel. LOL The game programmers did allow for some kicks but it seems the opponent has no real clue what to do.

To bad for those wanting to know about real pool, instead of "Hollywood". This game should have been designed to have the computer opponent kick most shots with an occasional masse'. Or lock up balls when their in trouble. Unfortunately the real thinking part of this game isn't portrayed as it should be. Only a couple of opponents will play games to an extent. I had one that countered my "leaving him long" and on the end rail but they can loose trying to do that.

Where they get me is seeing just regular angles. In the higher ranks they cut balls in from everywhere. The one called Slow Roll rarely ever misses one of these.

START(
%AV1D9%BL7P8%CJ5O4%DL7N1%EM7P1%FK6P1%GK6N8%HM7N8%I L7O4%PW2U7
%YD1D0%ZT7D9%]W2F0%^W1T9
)END

This game has possibilities of being a good game with real life shots. The way it is, you got them except they pull the impossible of their A$$. LOL

I've beat em all in the first two modes, I think easy and the next step up. I did this but ducking long tough shots and getting BIH a lot. However to win at a championship level I'd have to play much better than Reyes to even have a chance.

I never read how the game really works. That is I don't know if I'm missing something that would enable me to see the angles better. The zoom makes the c/b huge and you loose track of the actual angle if that makes sense. Now I know what it's like to have your chin on top of the cue, it sucks.:D Hell you'd get a bad back playing that way! In real life I stand up to play so this very unusual.

I know the game has been around a long time, just wanted to post my comments.

~~~rod, made some masse and jumps shots

Wally_in_Cincy
01-04-2005, 01:48 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rod:</font><hr>
The one called Slow Roll rarely ever misses one of these.

START(
%AV1D9%BL7P8%CJ5O4%DL7N1%EM7P1%FK6P1%GK6N8%HM7N8%I L7O4%PW2U7
%YD1D0%ZT7D9%]W2F0%^W1T9
)END
<hr /></blockquote>

Yeah, me neither /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

nhp
01-04-2005, 02:37 PM
I am actually in this game.

PQQLK9
01-04-2005, 03:20 PM
inquiring minds want to know ? /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I would like to play you if I ever get Game Spy to work .